• Samba
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

OK, other than the third goal what did Dunny do to earn man of the match forget the penalties because one was a refereeing error and the other a defenders error.

Sell it to me.

You really are a complete twally, aren't you. He was in the position to win the two penalties (rightly or wrongly) which gave us the lead, and the pass for the third goal which gave us the win.

That's all can ask of an attacking midfielder. If Lampard did that you'd be wetting yourself, but because "David Dunn ate my hamster" (Or some such other patheticism), all you can do is whine "convince me". We can't, so stop posting about him.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jal..

stephen warnock cost us a goal-i would like to you to explain to me, out of all the players we have, why was stephen warnock marking kevin davies on a set piece-its clear he shouldnt..its like have shaun wright phillps marking chris samba-there would be only one winner..

i would say along with dunn-mcarthy, pedersen and friedal were all close for the man of the match-but because dunn had a hand in the three goals-he deserved it..he won the penalties with his running at defenders-and the third goal is again him running at defenders but supplying a beautiful cross...

can i just ask, who do you think should of got man of the match???

jal..

stephen warnock cost us a goal-i would like to you to explain to me, out of all the players we have, why was stephen warnock marking kevin davies on a set piece-its clear he shouldnt..its like have shaun wright phillps marking chris samba-there would be only one winner..

i would say along with dunn-mcarthy, pedersen and friedal were all close for the man of the match-but because dunn had a hand in the three goals-he deserved it..he won the penalties with his running at defenders-and the third goal is again him running at defenders but supplying a beautiful cross...

can i just ask, who do you think should of got man of the match???

'Mozzer' Warnock wasnt marking Davies he was day dreaming as the ball was floated over his head, it was Warnocks area that Bolton put the ball into noone elses. He was responsible if he cant mark his area properly then you have to ask questions about him are Newcastle going to do the same come saturday.

I went for Friedel for man of the match v Bolton he must have stopped at least five goal scoring opportunities far more of a contribution than Dunny boy and if Warnock had been upto the task he'd have kept a clean sheet.

Still, no one has put forward anymore reasons as to why Dunny should have been Man of the match, i reiterate the penalty's were the mistakes of others not any creative actions of our Dunny.

jal, so the player who lost kevn davies is at fault for losing the goal then-not warnock..if samba or zurab or whoever marked davies properly warnock wouldnt of been in the situation he was in..

no matter how the penalties was won, dunn had a hand in winning them both, he also set up bentleys goal..if it wasnt for dunn getting in the positions to win the penalties i doubt there would of been any penalties..id say having an hand in all but one goal was right to be given motm..

jal's basic premiss that Dunn was taken off because he was jiggered is wrong anyway.

Dunny was on a yellow card and he got removed from the action when the ref's carding started getting eccentric (Campo booked when Nolan should have walked). Megson pulled Nolan and Campo out of the firing line pronto as well.

jal, so the player who lost kevn davies is at fault for losing the goal then-not warnock..if samba or zurab or whoever marked davies properly warnock wouldnt of been in the situation he was in..

no matter how the penalties was won, dunn had a hand in winning them both, he also set up bentleys goal..if it wasnt for dunn getting in the positions to win the penalties i doubt there would of been any penalties..id say having an hand in all but one goal was right to be given motm..

Rubbish firstly, secondly more rubbish.

jal's basic premiss that Dunn was taken off because he was jiggered is wrong anyway.

Dunny was on a yellow card and he got removed from the action when the ref's carding started getting eccentric (Campo booked when Nolan should have walked). Megson pulled Nolan and Campo out of the firing line pronto as well.

Might have been, could well have not been, eccentricity of this game is a highly probable outcome to all that went on though for me i saw it as Dunny being knackered simple as and the 'axe' sent on to see the game out.

Jal, I voted Dunny as MOTM because he was the one midfielder who, when he got the ball, wants to go forward and try and make something happen. Bentley excepted, most of the other midfielders are too content to knock square balls or lay it back to the defence. Dunny's first instinct is to always turn goalwards and push forwards.

He hasn't got the pace to break away like he could do which is a shame. Many games this season he loses posession when trying attempting it. However against Bolton he could turn, push on and lay the ball forward, probably due to the slug-like Campo and Nolan. Now you may well say does that deserve top be MOTM? Normally probably not, however as solid as the Rovers team played for most of the game there was no outstanding candidate. I just though that Dunn was the one that was looking most likely to drive us on and make something happen and it's no coincidence to me that ,however big a part he played, he was involved in all three goals.

It's suprising that he won the poll by so far as I thought Friedel would be a close contender so the local boy thing probably does have an effect. It's just from my point of view, whether he's from Great Harwood or the Great lakes, he was Rovers most influencial player.

Jal, I voted Dunny as MOTM because he was the one midfielder who, when he got the ball, wants to go forward and try and make something happen. Bentley excepted, most of the other midfielders are too content to knock square balls or lay it back to the defence. Dunny's first instinct is to always turn goalwards and push forwards.

He hasn't got the pace to break away like he could do which is a shame. Many games this season he loses posession when trying attempting it. However against Bolton he could turn, push on and lay the ball forward, probably due to the slug-like Campo and Nolan. Now you may well say does that deserve top be MOTM? Normally probably not, however as solid as the Rovers team played for most of the game there was no outstanding candidate. I just though that Dunn was the one that was looking most likely to drive us on and make something happen and it's no coincidence to me that ,however big a part he played, he was involved in all three goals.

It's suprising that he won the poll by so far as I thought Friedel would be a close contender so the local boy thing probably does have an effect. It's just from my point of view, whether he's from Great Harwood or the Great lakes, he was Rovers most influencial player.

All that after being seemingly targeted by Notlobs thugs and taking some hefty challenges early in the game.

As many have already pointed out there really was no stand-out candidate for MoM in this match. However I voted for Benni mainly because he definitely made the effort in this case, and I think he has had enough critiscism (deserved) in the past, so it is only right that when he does show the right attitude and his performance is certainly in the running for MoM then I believe we should vote for him. It can only help boost his flagging confidence, and hopefully will mean more of the better performances.

Thank you hasta, cant argue with what you say, yes he lost a lttle bit of pace which is a great shame its just that i thought the driving forward was very sporadic and for me Rovers need a stronger central midfielder than Dunny.

Archived