• Samba
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

Tbh I'm not @rsed if you stay up or not but your European adventure showed our pathetic attempt in sharp focus :angry:

I was really envious of this Bolton jolly in particular. Right up to hearing about the baton charges.

No idea where the blame lies (having only skimmed the news). Every club has its idiots but heavy-handed policing of European games is something I never enjoy reading.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was really envious of this Bolton jolly in particular. Right up to hearing about the baton charges.

No idea where the blame lies (having only skimmed the news). Every club has its idiots but heavy-handed policing of European games is something I never enjoy reading.

I got a phone call at lunch time from my brother who was at the game yesterday. Apparently it all kicked off early on in the opposite end of the ground where a group of Spaniards were fighting amongst themselves - Ultras allegedly. The local riot police waded into them and sorted it out. During the game, the Bolton fans had to endure the usual sprinkling of stones and bottles form the adjacent locals, but no major damage done.

After the game was a bit more worrying. The Spanish police idea of marshalling 3,000 visiting supporters out of a stadium seems to consist of unprovoked baton charges. According to my brother, and I believe him, there were no incidents with local fans, just the police wading into the English.

There will be a protest made, and bugger all will happen. That's how it is, unfortunately.

I feel we have a good chance to get all three points from this game. Especially with the break and Bolton having to work hard for a result on Thursday.

Don't get me wrong it will be a big test, but the lads know what they need to do in order to gain a european place come the end of the season. We need to win most of our remaining games if we are going to stand a chance for a top six finish and against Bolton would be a good place to start.

I'm going for a 2-0 win.

I feel we have a good chance to get all three points from this game. Especially with the break and Bolton having to work hard for a result on Thursday.

Don't get me wrong it will be a big test, but the lads know what they need to do in order to gain a european place come the end of the season. We need to win most of our remaining games if we are going to stand a chance for a top six finish and against Bolton would be a good place to start.

I'm going for a 2-0 win.

Its now or never.

Can Rovers deliver ?

Our run in including the Bolton game doesnt look to menacing now does it.we just have to start winning or we going to fall behind in that race for europe.so the next 5 or 6 games are crucial.i think we wil win 2-0 today.

I live in Bolton, I'll go with a couple of them and meet up afterwards and then go home with them, so it's a good day out for me.

I must confess that I did enjoy taunting the handful of idiots near us for the game at the breezeblock with our amended Anleka celebration after we equalised and then the Roberts winner... Priceless !

Funniest chant "Your support is worse than ours" which pretty much summed up Boltons turn out and their atmosphere, my Bolton friends moan continuously about how the club is run in that regard, I must admit, it's bewildering how they can charge fans a flat rate until they sell out the lower tier and then bang it up to £29, then they wander why we only fill the lower tier.

As a couple of previous posters have said, we need to score first, nothing worse than be being behind to this lot with their flat back 11 and their keeper taking 10 minutes to take a kick ! I'd love to slap them but it won't happen.

Hoping for a good turn out and a good atmosphere and hopefully the break has done the guys good and we can crack on with trying to get back into Europe and making up for earlier sins!

I think folk are going a bit over the top with what Bolton are doing in Europe.

To be honest yes we got knocked out off a crap Greek team.But we, and every other team in European Competiton all try to play passing, atractive, European style of Football.Where as Bolton have gone into the Competiton using there Leauge tatics i.e. everyone behind the ball and lump it forward.I dont think Euorpean teams know how to Play/Deal with it.Fair play to them it seems to work.

I think we'll get 3 points.I think 2-1.

I got a phone call at lunch time from my brother who was at the game yesterday. Apparently it all kicked off early on in the opposite end of the ground where a group of Spaniards were fighting amongst themselves - Ultras allegedly. The local riot police waded into them and sorted it out. During the game, the Bolton fans had to endure the usual sprinkling of stones and bottles form the adjacent locals, but no major damage done.

After the game was a bit more worrying. The Spanish police idea of marshalling 3,000 visiting supporters out of a stadium seems to consist of unprovoked baton charges. According to my brother, and I believe him, there were no incidents with local fans, just the police wading into the English.

There will be a protest made, and bugger all will happen. That's how it is, unfortunately.

Heard they took a bit of a battering of the locals before hand.

It's almost a bit embarrassing to be playing bolton now...they're coming from big European heroics , reminding us we went out to some outsiders from Greece.. If the players care about the club this should really give them a boost tomorrow.

I wouldn't swap the positions the clubs are in now.

Rovers - better gates

Rovers - better league position and more to aim for at the end of the season

Rovers - 2 trophies in last 15 years, Bolton, no silverware since 1958.

against

Bolton - Gone further in Europe this season - but only the second (maybe 3rd?) time they have experienced european football.

:brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

It's all about what you are doing now, not what you've done in the past 15 years. If we don't qualify for Europe but they continue their good run and stay in the league, then I would say they had the better season. I'd take a cup run and 15th over 10th.

Our run in including the Bolton game doesnt look to menacing now does it.we just have to start winning or we going to fall behind in that race for europe.so the next 5 or 6 games are crucial.i think we wil win 2-0 today.

tomorrow

It's all about what you are doing now, not what you've done in the past 15 years. If we don't qualify for Europe but they continue their good run and stay in the league, then I would say they had the better season. I'd take a cup run and 15th over 10th.

I wouldn't swap our current situation with Bolton's... Even now though, barring their cup run, we have more to play for and more expectations for the rest of the season.

I think folk are going a bit over the top with what Bolton are doing in Europe.

To be honest yes we got knocked out off a crap Greek team.But we, and every other team in European Competiton all try to play passing, atractive, European style of Football.Where as Bolton have gone into the Competiton using there Leauge tatics i.e. everyone behind the ball and lump it forward.I dont think Euorpean teams know how to Play/Deal with it.Fair play to them it seems to work.

I think we'll get 3 points.I think 2-1.

Cheating @#/?s, eh? :rolleyes:

Bit like saying Rovers are a dirty pub team. They're not, and it's bloody annoying. But, if the redtops say it, it must be true.

Lol i didnt call you a dirty team.

I just said that European teams dont know how to play against your style of football.

I know what you said. You are missing my point (and I'm not trying to pick a row.) If you had watched our performances in Belgrade and Munich (and why should you?) you would see a team that played football all over the park (particularly in Munich.) But the TV and newspapers don't want to report that. We are "in your face, long-ball, foreign mercenaries" and you are "a bunch of cloggers from an alehouse." Not true, but easy to churn out.

And, if you think your reputation has improved then read what that serial tosser Lawro says about tomorrow's match in his laughable Predictions column on BBC Sports.

I've just seen both Manchester United and Arsenal thumping 80 yard balls up the park, on Sky and Setanta today - but they play "direct" football, apparently. I enjoy direct football, as it happens. Whether it's played by Bolton, Blackburn, Arsenal, United or anybody else.

Rant over. Zulu out. :)

I never once said i aprove or indeed dissaprove.

I was just saying that the reason you are doing well in europe is because of the style you play.

I dont believe you should change a style/system that works for you.Wich from the european results seems to be working.

Ye gods.

Archived