• Emerton
    • Bentley
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

It was a really cool finish from Derbyshire, the brilliance of it was shooting before the goalkeeper came within range really. Harper covered for a low shot, but had no chance of stopping Derbyshire's clever lob. First class counter attack from Rovers, good vision from both Pedersen and Bentley to release Derbyshire.

What was the following? Did we take many?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the game last night, man talk about smash and grab. What a well taken goal from Matty superb finish. Friedel immense, Kisha superb. Thought Ooyah looke good too. Lot of sub par performances and if it was not Rovers I'd even feel a little sorry for the Geordies. Great 3 points. No slips now.

Stayed over in Newcastle after the game, £300 weekend by the end of it. Could get nothing suitable city centre so ended up staying in Washington ***DONT BOTHER*** pay the extra for city as it was costing nearly £20 everytime for a taxi to the centre.

2nd time I been up there and one of the quietest grounds I ever been to

What was the following? Did we take many?

I think we almost sold out. I was sat next to a group of lads from Aberdeen. Interesting exit from the ground :blink:

Great result - terrible stewards - lousy atmosphere from the barcodes - great atmosphere from us - best time ever to score!!

One Love - BRFC

Love this photo I took on Saturday.

gallery_1768_2_219031.jpg

Agree with anti-dingle-brigade, quailty photo if only you could see a little bit more of the individual wearing something Rovers its an excellent statement to capture one man up against many many more and yet hes the victorious one, how good is it to be a Rover in moments like this.

A quality moment that will be shared for generations to come, excellent stuff 'ozziejones'.

On one hand I can understand and sympathise with the Newcastle point of view - deperate for a win, not playing one of the top four, played quite well, created some chances and so on.

On the other hand I became increasingly irritated as I read and heard the various post match comments and analysis. This also explains a lot of what is wrong with Newcastle.

It was all their fault that they didn't win. No mention of a dogged defence although some recognition that the goal keeper pulled off the odd decent save. The chances were so clear cut ( allegedly ) that Owen has to appologise to his team mates for missing them. I began to wonder at times if Blackburn had been there at all apart from Derbyshire sneekily popping up right at the end to score when no one was looking.

Blackburn are a better team than Newcastle. Newcastle should have expected to loose. They needed the point. They should have ensured that they got the point and consoled themselves that they had played well.

On Sunday their chief executive was fielding questions on how soon before they could challenge for a top 4 place. ( He had the good grace to deflect the question)

Newcastle don't need a Messia. They need a good manager to steadily improve the team and the sense to realise this.

article about Newcastle including the following

=Daily Mail Tues March 4th "Newcastle's Habib Beye and Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen grappled for the ball as it was held by Rovers boss Mark Hughes. Both players were booked following a prolonged mass melee. Styles clearly feels that, despite taking action, there is a case for the FA to act."

Usual lazy reporting, Mark had the ball at his feet, Beyes picked up the ball and then wouldn't give it to Morten, it was who tried to get the ball from him, Beyes who started the ruck...... :angry2: Our players just went to get Beyes off of Morten and move him away. Styles is reporting the incident and we will probably get a heavy fine again......

article about Newcastle including the following

Usual lazy reporting, Mark had the ball at his feet, Beyes picked up the ball and then wouldn't give it to Morten, it was who tried to get the ball from him, Beyes who started the ruck...... :angry2: Our players just went to get Beyes off of Morten and move him away. Styles is reporting the incident and we will probably get a heavy fine again......

Is there a link to this anywhere?

I'm writing this without having seen the incident but as an aside MGP got ridiculously booked at Everton away for supposedly time wasting when he was about to take a throw in to the Everton area and was frantically waving Samba into the box. Both incidents are hardly the actions of a team intent on hanging on for a point and time wasting are they? Does basic gumption never enter the heads of people nowadays?

He also got booked for being grabbed round the neck by Arteta(?) at the home Everton match :angry2:

(though the ref will probably say it was for the preceding tackle.......)

And clattered mercilessly by Neville who deserved sending off at Goodison

Add those incidents to the endless list of Rovers players being booked in circumstances where other teams haven't:

EG The deliberate handball sendings off of Tugay, Savage and Bentley in the run of play nowhere near our goal- yet when Micah Richards handballs from a dangerous cross on the edge of his own box possible penalty (vs Everton) - NOT EVEN BOOKED

Is there a link to this anywhere?

I'm writing this without having seen the incident but as an aside MGP got ridiculously booked at Everton away for supposedly time wasting when he was about to take a throw in to the Everton area and was frantically waving Samba into the box. Both incidents are hardly the actions of a team intent on hanging on for a point and time wasting are they? Does basic gumption never enter the heads of people nowadays?

I have it on football first but don't know of a link at the moment.

ruddy lampard's got his red card overturned.

That was an absolute racing certainty. Not even worth checking the bookies odds on it. Now if it had been a Rovers player in EXACTLY the same circumstances..................

And to think there are still people (lots of them) around who believe that Premier League football is all open and above board, and corruption does not exist. :blink:

That was an absolute racing certainty. Not even worth checking the bookies odds on it. Now if it had been a Rovers player in EXACTLY the same circumstances..................

And to think there are still people (lots of them) around who believe that Premier League football is all open and above board, and corruption does not exist. :blink:

It's laughable isn't it. Aliadiere has his ban extended for appealing, Lampard gets off. Very similar incidents, worsened by Mascherano not being punished at all for the exact same offence.

It really is one rule for one...

It's laughable isn't it. Aliadiere has his ban extended for appealing, Lampard gets off. Very similar incidents, worsened by Mascherano not being punished at all for the exact same offence.

It really is one rule for one...

I does seem that way....but....WHY? What do the Prem / FA have to gain by it all apart from possible backhanders? Their actions over the years have overseen the English national sport sink down from a vibrant position to emulate the previously riduculed and totally unhealthy Scottish set up where two clubs rule the entire roost and the rest are in a relegation scrap. How has the Prem improved the situation that existed in the late 70's and 80's when although Liverpool dominated massively mainly through the endeavours of Shanks and Paisley they still did not have a monopoly on the available trophies?

Maybe we should all write and thank Abromivich for making it 3 clubs down here.

Archived