• Bentley
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

Nailed-on Newcastle win.

And obeying the immutable law of the ex, Shay Given to score the winner.

GIVEN is OUT injured.

MGP to go on a scoring spree. Newcaslte hope to have a full attacking line up in Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith and Martins all playing :rolleyes: Add that to Milner and Duff and it leaves only 4 more slots for a defence !

2-1 Rovers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he's incompetant to both sides equally. we just need to make sure we put him under enough pressure that he favours us. Ho hum.

Waggy, I agree with the patron saint thing, but how did the ref rob us against Fulham, I thought we were lucky to get the draw?

I'd probably take a draw - just because of Rovers past record of helping teams on bad runs. Although maybe we should win this, if we play like we did in the first half against Bolton, with MGP getting in the game then we will cause them problems.

Does anyone know the expected (Rovers) ticket sales for this? I hope we take a few. There's a number of people making a weekend of it I think, so hopefully it will be a good day.

Does anyone know the expected (Rovers) ticket sales for this? I hope we take a few. There's a number of people making a weekend of it I think, so hopefully it will be a good day.

Can't imagine the fixture will be hugely popular as the away section is so far away from the action it's like watching a game of Subbuteo.

Take some binoculars. :tu::)

Although we are known for helping out teams in desperate need of points, such as West Ham, Charlton and Watford last season, let's not forget that we have increased the pressure on two of the last three Newcastle managers by winning at St.James Park (Souness and Roeder).

Plus we have a brilliant record in the North East.

Form says we should win, but we all know Rovers have the habit of losing games against out of form teams.

I'm still going to opt for a Rovers win in a 4-3 thriller, I'm not totally confident about our defence still looks fragile at times, Newcastle defence is so bad I'd be dissapointed if we didn't score at least two. McCarthy, Santa Cruz (2) & Dunn for us Owen (2) & Duff for them with the goals.

After realising yesterday the game was all ticket I called late afternoon and ordered my ticket and arrived in the post this morning...Rapid.

As for the game form suggests that we should win the game but knowing us we'll probably give "King Kev" his first win.

How badly are Newcastle playing? I see their results are not eactly great, but are they playing pants or just not getting any luck

Going forward they aren't too bad but their defence is absolutely pants...Boro should have beaten them and Villa/United managed to tear them apart.

Kevin Keegan has recently been looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

The poor bloke must be wondering what he has let himself in for.

Stuffed 11-1 by The Red Scum on aggregate recently.

We have got to win this one, for the 3 points and the fact that NUFC are currently poor.

Actually, "poor" is being kind.

Well I think with the win this past weekend, I think were gonna go into this one feeling good. My one real concern is we start playing poorly like we did last week for those 20min and then have NC make us pay dearly for it and not be able to recover. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 3-1 to Rovers with Santa,Bently and MGP for us and Dunn for them. As long as our back had a good nights rest and remember to pack there playin shoes I think we'll be a ok.

Not confident here. They have a full squad back and knowing Keegan he will go all out so I reckon Owen - Viduka and Martins will all start up front - gulp.

Bad of me to say but I would be happy with a draw :(

I wouldnt say that, due to whats going on up there at the moment i think to get in there and back out again with a point would be a decent result.

You just know that KK is gonna pick up his first win sometime, just hope its not at the expense of us.

I do think we will win though.

2-1.

Archived