• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Newcastle is the best away game of the season for pre and post match drinking and location of ground etc but the worst for where you are sat in the ground. Bit of a derby for us from up here as well. Union Rooms opposite the station is usually a good starting point if anyone is getting there early.

I can't see anything but a fairly easy 2-0 win for t'Rovers.

This was taken at last seasons game at Newcastle, we were sat at the back.

gallery_1768_2_64618.jpg

You may want to subscribe to Rovers updates on your mobile for match updates if you are at the game :unsure:

How much do they expect you to pay for a view like that? Does it include a pair of wide angle binoculars?

How much do they expect you to pay for a view like that? Does it include a pair of wide angle binoculars?

A mere 33 quid Fife, and you only have to walk up about 17 flights of stairs to get there. Mind you, it's rumoured that on a good day and the game gets a bit dull, you can watch the Stavanger ferry set sail ;)

A mere 33 quid Fife, and you only have to walk up about 17 flights of stairs to get there. Mind you, it's rumoured that on a good day and the game gets a bit dull, you can watch the Stavanger ferry set sail ;)

I thought you were going to say you could see Stavanger.

This is all about "wanting it". The bar codes will be desperate.

I expect Sparky will try to kill the game and the crowd but I wonder if their defence is so disorganised it might majke more sense to attack them and go for the early goal that would really set them back and put the crowd at the players' throats.

We've got a great record over the past three seasons in the North East (won every game against Newc, Boro and the Mackems when they've been in the prem plus a fizzy Pop cup win against boro for good measure) so I'm expect nothing short of a win.

3-1 Pedersen, Santa Cruz and Bentley. Goals coming in late on.

£33 plus free oxygen when you get to your seat.

Anyway Fife - wide angle lens when you can dangle your own? :blink:

Cant wait for the game - setting off at half twelve today - got a 'meeting' in Newcastle at three.

One Love - BRFC

Really hope Dunn is fit for this. Great to see Ooijer is back. I would go for:

--------------Cruz-----McCarthy

-----Pedersen------------------Bentley

----------------Dunn----Reid

Warnock---Ooijer©---Samba---Emerton

--------------------Friedel

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Mokoena, Tugay, Roberts

That is a great attacking side which is solid at the back and has quality on the bench. Bring it!

I expect Sparky will try to kill the game and the crowd but I wonder if their defence is so disorganised it might majke more sense to attack them and go for the early goal that would really set them back and put the crowd at the players' throats.

As I have mentioned and agree philipl and especially if this is the case.on the BBC

OWEN ON NEWCASTLE

Staying over in Washington on the Saturday so making the weekend of it - anyone else staying over and going on the gypsys kiss on Saturday night??

I think there are a fair few people staying over on the saturday night. I know of 40+ people at least.

Do you mean the Head Of Steam? Top drinking hole that, looks like a dump but has some tremendous ale on draught.

I would highly recommend The Telegraph - Out of central station, turn right and go through the tunnel where the taxis are) - I used to more or less live in there it will be fairly quiet so you'll get served quick and it's got a cracking dukebox.

If Dunny misses the game it will be interesting to see who he puts in his place. I think we saw against Bolton that a 442 formation with one midfielder given the freedom to roam and make attacking runs and another staying back more and linking up the play works best for us.

Reidy pre-injury was great at making box to box powerful runs, but i don't know if he has the fitness at the moment to make those powerful runs.

Tugay could come in, though he doesn't really have any pace, but he could link up play.

Mokoena could come in and play a defensive role, allowing Tugay or Reid to be the more attacking player. Though i am far from his biggest fan and i'm still not sure he is good enough.

My least favourite option would be to play Bents in the center. Against a fragile Newcastle defense which is struggling bigtime at the moment, i would want Bents to put as many good balls into the box as he can, so we need him on that right wing.

Its certainly something to ponder for Sparky, if indeed Dunny is unavailable.

If Dunny is to be sidelined then for me the best option for midfield would be this-

Bentley Tugay Mokoena Reid and MGP

Playing The Axe just in front the of the back four allows some protection for the back 4 as Newcastle are going to go all out for a win. 4-5-1 is the formation to adopt first half with RSC up front on his own.

If the game is stalemate then for the last 20 mins drop a midfielder and introduce Benni to a 4-4-2 formation and a win :brfcsmilie:

Archived