• Emerton
    • Bentley
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

If Dunny is to be sidelined then for me the best option for midfield would be this-

Bentley Tugay Mokoena Reid and MGP

Playing The Axe just in front the of the back four allows some protection for the back 4 as Newcastle are going to go all out for a win. 4-5-1 is the formation to adopt first half with RSC up front on his own.

If the game is stalemate then for the last 20 mins drop a midfielder and introduce Benni to a 4-4-2 formation and a win :brfcsmilie:

McCarthy shouldn't be dropped after his excellent performance last week, what kind of message would that send out to him?

Anyway, if Dunn doesn't make it, I'd just play Tugay, and if he tires late on bring the Axe on.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McCarthy shouldn't be dropped after his excellent performance last week, what kind of message would that send out to him?

Anyway, if Dunn doesn't make it, I'd just play Tugay, and if he tires late on bring the Axe on.

Seconded. Tugay and Reid make a decent combination. Toogs sits back and reid does all the running.

If Dunny is to be sidelined then for me the best option for midfield would be this-

Bentley Tugay Mokoena Reid and MGP

Playing The Axe just in front the of the back four allows some protection for the back 4 as Newcastle are going to go all out for a win. 4-5-1 is the formation to adopt first half with RSC up front on his own.

If the game is stalemate then for the last 20 mins drop a midfielder and introduce Benni to a 4-4-2 formation and a win :brfcsmilie:

Playing 4-5-1 would play into Newcastle hands in my opinion. We shouldn't need to be cautious against these, their defense is poor and shot of confidence surely we should keep the two up top and get foward as much as possible. I'd start with Reid & Tugs in midfield, bringing Mokoena on if we need to hold onto a lead.

Looks like a typical Geordie clubland hag !!

My point for a 5 man midfield is that Newcastle are going all out for attack and knowing Rovers weakness in defence, 5 in midfield goes to provide protection whilst also allowing a decent chance to attack the wide open spaces.

If Rovers keep nufc out for 60 minutes not only will we have succeeded in quieting the hordes but we will have given us a platform to win the game

Looks like a typical Geordie clubland hag !!

My point for a 5 man midfield is that Newcastle are going all out for attack and knowing Rovers weakness in defence, 5 in midfield goes to provide protection whilst also allowing a decent chance to attack the wide open spaces.

If Rovers keep nufc out for 60 minutes not only will we have succeeded in quieting the hordes but we will have given us a platform to win the game

Sounds like good logic, i'd proably go for 80 minutes of frustrating the geordies then go

for it in the last ten.

Just seen Dunny is out, Hughes could go with Ooijer at right back putting Emmerton into midfield.

Newcastle captain Michael Owen:

"Now we've got a few games coming up which we can and should be winning and that starts with Blackburn on Saturday which is huge for us.

No, there must be some sort of sickness in Newcastle. Only that can explain this delusion that no matter how sh*t they are, they always have some sort of right to be beating teams who are constantly season after season better then them.

No, there must be some sort of sickness in Newcastle. Only that can explain this delusion that no matter how sh*t they are, they always have some sort of right to be beating teams who are constantly season after season better then them.

Um, anyone at home against anyone outside of the big four should be looking for a win. I think rather than doing us down they ae manking the contrast with Man Utd.

We will say the same thing when Man City rock up, despite the fact thay have been better than us all season.

PLease let's just not do our usual cure what's ailing the other team. It's on hte cards we give King Kev his first win. Fulham coming up first away win. I can hardly stand it. Gonna be away for the game so I won't know until I get home and watch the Video late Sunday.

Seven 3.00pm kick-offs so the percentage chances for something naughty showing Rovers look remote.

I wonder if the ? over Tugay's contract renewal in the press today is an incentive to Toogs as he gets the nod to replace Dunny this afternoon? Or perhaps its a double bluff to the genius that is KK.

NEWCASTLE: Harper, Enrique, Barton, Owen, Duff, Milner, Smith, Beye, Butt, Faye, Taylor. Subs: Forster (GK), Cacapa, Martins, N'Zogbia, Carroll.

ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Emerton, Bentley, Reid, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, McCarthy. Subs: Brown (GK), Tugay, Mokoena, Derbyshire, Roberts.

From the official site. Ooijer at RB, Emerton at RM and Bentley at CM?

Archived