• Emerton
    • Bentley
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Emerton, Bentley, Reid, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, McCarthy. Subs: Brown (GK), Tugay, Mokoena, Derbyshire, Roberts.

From the official site. Ooijer at RB, Emerton at RM and Bentley at CM?

If thats the case then Hughes has got the line up completely wrong! Ooijer is no right back, should use him a centre back and stick emerton on right back. Also, Bentley IS a right winger and should be used there. Why not use Tugay or Mokoena in the centre along Reid?

This is pure crazy, almost souness-like picking of players from Hughes!

Luckely for us this will be a walk in the park anayway, Newcastle is so poor that we should have no trouble beating them regardless of our lineup...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If thats the case then Hughes has got the line up completely wrong! Ooijer is no right back, should use him a centre back and stick emerton on right back. Also, Bentley IS a right winger and should be used there. Why not use Tugay or Mokoena in the centre along Reid?

Luckely for us this will be a walk in the park anayway, Newcastle is so poor that we should have no trouble beating them regardless of our lineup...

I wouldn't be so sure. I do agree that the line up is really disappointing, though. Emerton should be used as right back and right back only, and Ooijer is much better as centre half than right back. This really speaks volumes about how much Hughes rates Tugay and Mokoena.

I agree with you and anyone saying that we should offer Tugay a new contract should really take a look at this.

You are so right! Its laughable that we shift around the whole team when one central midfielder is out, while at the same time we have two natural central midfielers on the bench.

Clever what you've said there, either way Hughes cant win

I think some of you are confusing Ooijer and Zurab when it comes to playing RB. Zurab is putrid at RB; Ooijer captains Holland from the RB position, and has often played RB for us and done well. OK he does lack a bit of pace in comparison with Bert and Warnock, but he makes up for this with his excellent reading of the game and vast experience. In Hughes we must trust!! (Make this your mantra).

We sound awful though. Corners keep going against us.

We haven't really got into the game yet, no time on the ball to pass it around. Still it's early and we are traditionally late starters.

Although Emerton has sounded pretty good so far, a couple of good runs down the right and that snap shot that went wide.

We sound awful though. Corners keep going against us.

We haven't really got into the game yet, no time on the ball to pass it around. Still it's early and we are traditionally late starters.

Although Emerton has sounded pretty good so far, a couple of good runs down the right and that snap shot that went wide.

Got a link I could listen on? Only got radio 5 here and it's arse v villa

Got a link I could listen on? Only got radio 5 here and it's arse v villa

Subscription to rovers world I'm afraid. Details on rovers.co.uk.

Rovers starting to play football now. The st james' crowd are very quiet.

Archived