BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

Guest Kamy100

At the match on Sunday Rovers were advertising that Season Ticket details will be released on Monday 3rd March. That is much earlier than previous seasons and leads me to believe that there maybe a scheme whereby if you renew before a certaion date you get a bigger discount.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the match on Sunday Rovers were advertising that Season Ticket details will be released on Monday 3rd March. That is much earlier than previous seasons and leads me to believe that there maybe a scheme whereby if you renew before a certaion date you get a bigger discount.

Why don't you just let Rovers make the official announcement before trying to steal the thunder Kamy? <_<

That is much earlier than previous seasons and leads me to believe that there maybe a scheme whereby if you renew before a certaion date you get a bigger discount.

I don't think there are any discounts at present? Just a straight forward price. Simplifying the price structure was a big part of last year's changes.

Myself I think it has much more to do with responding to years of criticism concerning how late the club usually are with releasing ST details. I'd be astonished, and very dismayed, if prices were to drop even further. I suspect the best deal will be a price freeze for those renewing before a certain date.

Further reductions? Just can't see it happening and a very dangerous move if it does. Sooner or later prices will have to rise and the club would then be starting from a very low base. Plus there is the arguement that if the product is underpriced it no longer appears to be good value but indicates it is of poor quality.

I don't think there are any discounts at present? Just a straight forward price. Simplifying the price structure was a big part of last year's changes.

Myself I think it has much more to do with responding to years of criticism concerning how late the club usually are with releasing ST details. I'd be astonished, and very dismayed, if prices were to drop even further. I suspect the best deal will be a price freeze for those renewing before a certain date.

Further reductions? Just can't see it happening and a very dangerous move if it does. Sooner or later prices will have to rise and the club would then be starting from a very low base. Plus there is the arguement that if the product is underpriced it no longer appears to be good value but indicates it is of poor quality.

Thats what i think it will be.

A price freeze if you renew by a certain date. (End of May for example?)

Maybe £1 a game rise if you buy after.

I dont think we could afford to put the prices up to much.

Guest Kamy100
Why don't you just let Rovers make the official announcement before trying to steal the thunder Kamy? <_<

Why don't you get a life.

All I was saying is that information was going to be released, now how you see that as me stealing the thunder is beyond my understanding. You obviously have a problem with my posts as this is not the first time that you have sniped.

Further reductions? Just can't see it happening and a very dangerous move if it does. Sooner or later prices will have to rise and the club would then be starting from a very low base.

This is what I am worried about! If we finish bottom half one season and due to cash flow problems actually have to put prices up we could have a major fall in atendence. But then we had to do something I suppose.

I thought there was supposed to be some sort of rolling contract being brought in fo exisiting S/T holders - ie no need to renew unless cancelled and that you would still be able to use your existing card now.

Maybe the groobster will eb able to confirm or not - or not as the case maybe until the S/T prices are announced

That would be great if they freeze the prices again... :rover:

I thought there was supposed to be some sort of rolling contract being brought in fo exisiting S/T holders - ie no need to renew unless cancelled and that you would still be able to use your existing card now.

Maybe the groobster will eb able to confirm or not - or not as the case maybe until the S/T prices are announced

Everyone got a new card this season and will keep them for a few seasons now if you renew and don't change seats etc. I don't think there has ever been a proposal that there would be automatic renewals.

Personally I think automatic renewals are the way forward, as you do with SkyTV and the like, but no Capt Kayos, this isn't something we do.

As for keeping your card, provided you are keeping the same seat and status then yes you do. If you change stands or become an adult when previously you were a young adult, or a junior to a young adult etc etc then a new card will be issued.

Buy one get one half price. The influence of friends, family, girlfriends, brothers, sisters and so on is FAR more important and successful that a marketing campaign. Obviously it needs more thinking through that that – I think you will be amazed at how many will be given away for birthdays and so on.

Obviously it needs more thinking through, so slate away!

Taken from BBC Website

Very interesting campaign by Bradford City here - especially the bit highlighted

Meanwhile, Bradford joint chairman Mark Lawn is hopeful that fans will take up the offer of the cheapest season tickets in the country and that crowds at Valley Parade could soon exceed the 20,000 mark.

606: DEBATE

Everyone in Bradford should buy one, it's a great deal and the charimen deserve a pat on the back.

bantamknowitall1

The club have priced adult season tickets for the next campaign at £150, and if 9,000 fans take up the offer, they will get another adult season ticket free.

Lawn told BBC Radio Leeds: "Bradford City are taking football back to the masses - taking it back to the working class people.

"I don't think the fans will let us down. They didn't let us down last year and I don't think they'll let us down this year.

"The Bradford public know when there's a bargain, and this is a bargain, no doubt about it."

I would be very surprised to see the prices go up by much, if at all. If the Club deemed last years promotion a success then there would be little point not giving it a go for a few years in a row at least, given that success...

With everything else going up way beyond the rate of inflation (except pay rises and the "official" inflation rate of course !) the season ticket would be amongst the first casualties for those looking to economise in these hard times .

Anything above a pay freeze would be a very big risk by the club . We still need to get more kids in I reckon ....

Possibly me too :(

Bought last S/T with annual bonus from work.

Looks like we might not be getting one this time round.

Plus redundancies are in the air where i work.

...so, at this moment i cannot commit to re-newing

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to issue every season ticket holder a season ticket pack which includes the season ticket, discount vouchers for companies in the local area (who are linked with Blackburn i.e. local sponsors/businesses) and a free flag and scarf for supporters to bring for the game just to add a bit more colour to Ewood Park for home games.

When I go to other grounds and see a stand full of people with scarves raised high in support of their team or flags being flown from thousands of supporters, it really adds to the game and generally looks very impressive and when fans can interact more, they might help create a better atmosphere as well.

What do you guys think?

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to issue every season ticket holder a season ticket pack which includes the season ticket, discount vouchers for companies in the local area (who are linked with Blackburn i.e. local sponsors/businesses) and a free flag and scarf for supporters to bring for the game just to add a bit more colour to Ewood Park for home games.

When I go to other grounds and see a stand full of people with scarves raised high in support of their team or flags being flown from thousands of supporters, it really adds to the game and generally looks very impressive and when fans can interact more, they might help create a better atmosphere as well.

What do you guys think?

I have gone on about the scarves and flags idea before in depth and have taken it right to the very top but it doesn't seem to be something the Club want to do. I even looked into costs and 10,000 units wouldn't be prohibitive at all cost wise. I personally think it would look fantastic and help improve the atmosphere if every fan held aloft a Blue and White Scarf before the game, but maybe a local business needs to be the ones to promote it, but not those crap red and blue publicity stunt ones the guy from QS tried to do last year!

I have gone on about the scarves and flags idea before in depth and have taken it right to the very top but it doesn't seem to be something the Club want to do. I even looked into costs and 10,000 units wouldn't be prohibitive at all cost wise. I personally think it would look fantastic and help improve the atmosphere if every fan held aloft a Blue and White Scarf before the game, but maybe a local business needs to be the ones to promote it, but not those crap red and blue publicity stunt ones the guy from QS tried to do last year!

Do you not think its the fans responsibility to organise and implement the scarves and flags idea not the clubs.

Archived