BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

Yeah but now, with the extra cash that prem clubs are getting - that deal is very poor, especially after a terrible season. 19 Prem games or 23 games against the likes of Burnley, Swansea, MK Dons, Preston etc. Shocking!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I will be staying in England, I won't be renewing my season ticket next year. I appriciate that Rovers have got a fantastic offer out there for fans with the price freeze so there are other reasons that I won't be renewing.

I don't know where I will be living yet and another reason is that I won't 'tie' myself to go to every home game next year even if I would be living around where I live now. I try to go to a fair few games, but wants to be 'free' to do other things at weekends.

Well early days yet, but looking at that vote, could Rovers be looking at a 7% fall in ST's? This poll hasn't been too far wide of the mark in the past, if I remember right.

Other interesting points - 12% say they're on the verge of calling it a day, now that really is worrying.

I have renewed mine but I must say that I have questioned my sanity given the garbage that has been served up by rovers for virtually every home game this season; the quality of the football will not help ST ticket sales...I predict a significant drop in ST sales unfortunately :angry2:

This season, I've had the opportunity to watch my local team - Huddersfield Town - on a number of occassions when Rovers haven't been playing on the Saturday or I decided against going to an away match.

For anyone to claim watching Rovers in the Premiership is garbage and not value for money, well I'm sorry, watch a few League One matches in a season at a cost that is more than going to Ewood in the majority of the stands and you might have a totally different perspective.

A s/t at the Galpharm in the equivalent seat to mine at Ewood would have me almost £90 more (admittedly for a few extra games).

Football isn't turning me off as it seems to be doing for many. However, the incessant whining and sniping and grumbling and ######-spouting of many fans is making it hard to feel a part of the supporting community. If it's really that much of a chore to go and watch Rovers every week, then do yourself a favour and don't bother. Do something you might enjoy such as filing your teeth down or sticking pebbles under your eyelids.

And perhaps you could send yourself into realms of orgasmic rapture by severing all ties with Rovers by avoiding internet sites as well.

Well early days yet, but looking at that vote, could Rovers be looking at a 7% fall in ST's? This poll hasn't been too far wide of the mark in the past, if I remember right.

Other interesting points - 12% say they're on the verge of calling it a day, now that really is worrying.

its no wonder when(in no particular order)

1.ok i know its great being in the top 6/7 but theres been some serious woeful crap at ewood this year

2.you look at the charges in ther geordie farce

3.you look at the ref getting the boot for giving an incorrect decision against us in the toffee match.

4.you look at the way footy is going with now euro refs favouring our top four,especially tonights sending off in milan.

5.the 39th game.

6.obscene wages

7.the price...i know rovers are offering great prices but with fuel a fiver a galleon,food at top prices people dont have the spare cash and lines need drawing.Not everyone is as well off as certain people on here,thats not green eyes just fact.

8.footballers are in lala land..joey barton,the handbag rummigers,etc

the list could go on and on.....

i will probably renew but i need to see if i have enough free money first as living comes first and rovers second.

I appreciate what Rovers are doing, but I have to say I have not automatically thought I would renew without question now. This is partly personal circumstances as well as questioning the value of it in real terms (Not just saying well Rovers have the cheapest STs in the Prem). Probably will do it though, but I'm not running down to the ticket office to be honest. But no fault of John Williams etc.

Bad sign this for the Rovers IMO.

I`ve decided to hold off re-newing my ST until i find out if i`m being made redundant or not......which won`t be until June at the earliest. The price freeze (& the price) is a great deal but i simply cannot commit yet.

I appreciate what Rovers are doing, but I have to say I have not automatically thought I would renew without question now. This is partly personal circumstances as well as questioning the value of it in real terms (Not just saying well Rovers have the cheapest STs in the Prem). Probably will do it though, but I'm not running down to the ticket office to be honest. But no fault of John Williams etc.

Bad sign this for the Rovers IMO.

Totally agree ozzie

Think there should be another option to select along the lines of the price iis fine but other costs/issues may force/stop me from renewing.

As Abbey states 'i will probably renew but i need to see if i have enough free money first as living comes first and rovers second' - the same applies here and I am in the same boat - however I have my bucket and am bailing out the water as fast as possible.

Nothing against the Rovers on the pricing - in fact its exceptional just a sorry state of the times which is unfortunate for Rovers

Top flight football has turned me right off.

The FA charge against Newcastle being a prime example of why, coupled with the 39th game (and many dozens of other things).

I agree with the above. Kick off times, overpaid players etc etc. The first FA cup semi is a 12:15 kick off-still not as bad as a 12:15 kick off in Cardiff but a nuisance nontheless. What's wrong with 3.00?

Still Benni and Brad on a Question of Sport tonight!!

Top flight football has turned me right off.

The FA charge against Newcastle being a prime example of why, coupled with the 39th game (and many dozens of other things).

I know what you are saying stu, but the FA, Press etc etc being against us doesnt affect me anymore, its gone on for that long. Just makes me even more likely to stand up for our cause (if that was possible!)

Lets NEVER EVER get complacent about having a top flight team in our decaying little town. Do we really want the alternative of the Championship, sat, tue, sat, tue games in front of 12k crowds and journeymen players?

This ideal of football being better in the old days is really a myth. We remember the good bits, winning promotion from the 3rd division, big away followings etc. But we gloss over the dirge we used to watch through large parts of the 70s and 80s with a half empty collapsing ground, average players and no hope whatsoever of Cup wins, Euro trips, internationals in every position, consisent crowds of 20k plus year on year etc etc.

Yeah the Premier League has a hell of a lot of faults, but id rather be a part of it cause the alternative is catastrophic for the Rovers

Guest fernhurstblue
I know what you are saying stu, but the FA, Press etc etc being against us doesnt affect me anymore, its gone on for that long. Just makes me even more likely to stand up for our cause (if that was possible!)

Lets NEVER EVER get complacent about having a top flight team in our decaying little town. Do we really want the alternative of the Championship, sat, tue, sat, tue games in front of 12k crowds and journeymen players?

This ideal of football being better in the old days is really a myth. We remember the good bits, winning promotion from the 3rd division, big away followings etc. But we gloss over the dirge we used to watch through large parts of the 70s and 80s with a half empty collapsing ground, average players and no hope whatsoever of Cup wins, Euro trips, internationals in every position, consisent crowds of 20k plus year on year etc etc.

Yeah the Premier League has a hell of a lot of faults, but id rather be a part of it cause the alternative is catastrophic for the Rovers

some people need to take a reality check - can you imagine fans of ANY club moaning as much as ours. everyone likes a moan every now and again, but you lot take the ###### :angry: - YOU WOULDNT BE HAPPY IF A TOPLESS MODEL ARRIVED ON YOUR DOORSTEP WITH YOUR 'FREE FOR LIFE' SEASON TICKET

some people need to take a reality check - can you imagine fans of ANY club moaning as much as ours. everyone likes a moan every now and again, but you lot take the ###### :angry: - YOU WOULDNT BE HAPPY IF A TOPLESS MODEL ARRIVED ON YOUR DOORSTEP WITH YOUR 'FREE FOR LIFE' SEASON TICKET

Agree

Bunch of whingers. With less to whinge about in terms of footy price than almost any other fans in the country.

Go shout it from the rooftops Mattyblue!

People are entitled to their opinions and reasons etc but deep down I read some of the previous comments are I fear for the future of Rovers I really do.Many appear to want to pay next to nowt AND be wined and dined with fantastic football every game.....GET REAL!

P.S.

Burnlah have released their season ticket prices today,you can have a seat in the Longside upper for nearly100 POUNDS MORE than I will pay for mine in the BBE......with discount. :lol:

If Saturday’s game against Fulham had been a meal, you’d have sent it back to the kitchen and asked for a refund. The service was amateur and the quality was none existent. To often this season I have made the comment “a game best forgot” however this week’s game could be the one best remember, when deciding to renew ones season ticket.

The Powers that be and the TV companies market the Premiership as the best football league in the world, which in my opinion is more of an attempt to generate money than to provide the paying public with quality entertainment. If there was ever a case for miss selling then Saturday’s game against Fulham was it. If in the opinion of the Premiership, this is the best football in the world then you might as well market MacDonald’s as the best Egon Roney restaurant.

If Rovers are to compete at this level, they have to abide by the rules set by the Premiership authorities and the TV companies, however in my opinion this is at the determent of the devoted and loyal fans, that turn up week in, week out at the turnstiles.

As much as Rovers market the game as being for the fans, the Premiership authorities and the TV companies have undermined any initiatives by rearranging kick off times, to a point that it has become a farce. The traditional Saturday 3pm kick off went out the window a long time ago, with games kicking off anytime between 12noon Saturday and 4pm Sunday. To think Rovers didn’t have their first 3pm Saturday game until the 15th October and then there was no Festive Period Bank Holiday fixture home or away. Which possible contributed to their early exit from FA Cup campaign; after having to play two rearranged Premiership games within 6 days, prior to their meeting with Coventry City?

Televised football has now got to a saturation point that it only helps to supplement the income of the clubs to the detriment of attendances and as a back ground mood to pubs, crippled by ever increasing costs set by the satellite broadcasters and the Inland Revenue.

The game at premiership level is no longer a sport but an open purse to feed the greed of those that run the game, the agents and the players. What the Premier League and TV companies need to realise is that once a customer becomes dissatisfied with a product or service, he/she will search for an alternative.

In fairness to John Williams and the Rovers Board, they have attempted to address the problem by reducing and freezing prices, however, they will not entice the supporters through the turnstiles if the product isn’t there on the field.

Whilst some people will argue that Rovers supporters are never satisfied and are only happy if they have something to moan about, I would be more inclined to suggest that the supporters are disillusioned by a team that has failed to deliver an acceptable standard of performance all season.

Agree

Bunch of whingers. With less to whinge about in terms of footy price than almost any other fans in the country.

JHC GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD.......NOT EVERYONE HAS A WAD OF DISPOSOBLE CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MAY HAVE BUT IT DOESNT MEAN EVERYONE HAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS NOT WHINGING ITS FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The chance to watch a top ten team in this country, a team I have supported since 1981 through the good times and the bad times (there haven't been many bad times in that time really have there? Just the one relegation - not many teams fans can say that) for £300 is just too good to turn down.

Yes, there are a lot of things wrong with football today, a lot of which Rovers have no control over, but let's be honest about this - there's feck all else to do in this town.

I've considered taking up happy slapping or even goth baiting. Maybe a visit to the town centre to look at some rubble instead. Then there's always the option of doing up the garden or the house or polishing the car - but the alure of Ewood again wins out.

We're the 7th best team in the country for crying out loud. There are plenty of clubs out there - City clubs in the main, who get better gates than us, and almost certainly would if they were pushing for Europe - who would swap places with us without a moments hesitation. If they read this thread I'm sure they'd be nothing short of dumb struck.

So do me a favour (and no disrespect in this) if you are going to jack it in, do it quietly. I really do fear that the negativity is catching.

Guest fernhurstblue

do the club really know what they are asking us fans to contribute to the club, a whole tenner a week (for a seat in the jack walker upper on direct debit) ..... i mean come on, thats two packets or fags or four pints of ale. DON'T RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET, BUT DON'T COMPLAIN WHEN THE CLUB CAN'T ATTRACT VERY GOOD/TOP PLAYERS.

a tenner a week, thats it ..... if you cant afford to spend that on the club you 'love' - have a look in the mirror :rover:

do the club really know what they are asking us fans to contribute to the club, a whole tenner a week (for a seat in the jack walker upper on direct debit)

It's not even that, on direct debit it's about 7.50 p.w if it were spread over the calender year or about 8.75p.w over the direct debit period.

Bit of a different proposition if you're buying for other members of the family in addition though.

Was extremely heartened to hear Rovers ads on Talksport today although I must say I didn't think the advertising bods had made a particularly good job of the ad itself which referred repeatedly to "The Rover" i.e. the spoof newspaper distributed with the ST pack.

I tuned in half way through the ad and if I hadn't seen the ST pack already I wouldn't have had the faintest idea what they were on about.

I haven't followed this thread all the way through, but any complaints at 250 quid is a bit daft.

I hate the big wages, the big egos and the top four, but the Rovers are the good guys for most part.

If you're one of the ten that are not renewing, why the hell post here. Pack up your stuff and leave quietly and quickly. And don't come looking for Cup Final tickets in a couple of years.

If Saturday’s game against Fulham had been a meal, you’d have sent it back to the kitchen and asked for a refund. The service was amateur and the quality was none existent. To often this season I have made the comment “a game best forgot” however this week’s game could be the one best remember, when deciding to renew ones season ticket.

The Powers that be and the TV companies market the Premiership as the best football league in the world, which in my opinion is more of an attempt to generate money than to provide the paying public with quality entertainment. If there was ever a case for miss selling then Saturday’s game against Fulham was it. If in the opinion of the Premiership, this is the best football in the world then you might as well market MacDonald’s as the best Egon Roney restaurant.

If Rovers are to compete at this level, they have to abide by the rules set by the Premiership authorities and the TV companies, however in my opinion this is at the determent of the devoted and loyal fans, that turn up week in, week out at the turnstiles.

As much as Rovers market the game as being for the fans, the Premiership authorities and the TV companies have undermined any initiatives by rearranging kick off times, to a point that it has become a farce. The traditional Saturday 3pm kick off went out the window a long time ago, with games kicking off anytime between 12noon Saturday and 4pm Sunday. To think Rovers didn’t have their first 3pm Saturday game until the 15th October and then there was no Festive Period Bank Holiday fixture home or away. Which possible contributed to their early exit from FA Cup campaign; after having to play two rearranged Premiership games within 6 days, prior to their meeting with Coventry City?

Televised football has now got to a saturation point that it only helps to supplement the income of the clubs to the detriment of attendances and as a back ground mood to pubs, crippled by ever increasing costs set by the satellite broadcasters and the Inland Revenue.

The game at premiership level is no longer a sport but an open purse to feed the greed of those that run the game, the agents and the players. What the Premier League and TV companies need to realise is that once a customer becomes dissatisfied with a product or service, he/she will search for an alternative.

In fairness to John Williams and the Rovers Board, they have attempted to address the problem by reducing and freezing prices, however, they will not entice the supporters through the turnstiles if the product isn’t there on the field.

Whilst some people will argue that Rovers supporters are never satisfied and are only happy if they have something to moan about, I would be more inclined to suggest that the supporters are disillusioned by a team that has failed to deliver an acceptable standard of performance all season.

95% of this is tripe, and I'm getting fed up of reading - on a BRFC site - the same whinges from the same people who have nothing better to do than moan about their (apparently) favourite hobby.

There are replies above mine which sum everything up nicely but a couple of points are worth reinforcing.

You don't HAVE to buy a BRFC season ticket, or match tickets, or read this website. If your hate of the Premier League and Sky and Setanta has reached such a level, then the easiest thing to do is vote with feet - ie leave!! As others have said, do it quietly because those of us who are staying don't care. I'm especially worried that the BRFC correspondant on Soccernet appears to slag off his lot at every opportunity - great message that sends out!

You can go and watch Chorley if you want - I'm reliably informed that Chorley play in 9 cup competitions every season as well as the league - so there's plenty of chances for happiness. In fact they're in a final this season - played at Leyland on April 3rd - get down there.

Thing is though - Blackburn Rovers will always be in your heart. If Rovers reach the FA Cup Final 2009, you whinging lot will be in the queue with the rest of us for Wembley tickets. "Oh yes I was a season ticket holder until 2008, then I became a Chorley fan but please please please Mr Williams let me go to Wembley!"

The Premier League is the most watchable, and therefore the best football league in the world. Out of 760 games per season, of course there will be some rubbish and Saturday was the perfect example of rubbish. But then out of 760 pop gigs, 760 classical concerts, 760 rock events, 760 tennis matches, 760 rugby, cricket, lacrosse, snooker, darts, athletics or ping pong matches, there will be rubbish.

If you don't like having access to the best football league in the world, at the cheapest prices in the world, then personally I think you can't add up. You are welcome to Chorley, or whatever else you choose to do. Blackburn Rovers are batting in a fantastic arena - the best arena - and I for one am delighted with that and I ain't going anywhere - in fact I just moved to Darwen from London and I've never been happier.

95% of this is tripe, and I'm getting fed up of reading - on a BRFC site - the same whinges from the same people who have nothing better to do than moan about their (apparently) favourite hobby.

There are replies above mine which sum everything up nicely but a couple of points are worth reinforcing.

You don't HAVE to buy a BRFC season ticket, or match tickets, or read this website. If your hate of the Premier League and Sky and Setanta has reached such a level, then the easiest thing to do is vote with feet - ie leave!! As others have said, do it quietly because those of us who are staying don't care. I'm especially worried that the BRFC correspondant on Soccernet appears to slag off his lot at every opportunity - great message that sends out!

You can go and watch Chorley if you want - I'm reliably informed that Chorley play in 9 cup competitions every season as well as the league - so there's plenty of chances for happiness. In fact they're in a final this season - played at Leyland on April 3rd - get down there.

Thing is though - Blackburn Rovers will always be in your heart. If Rovers reach the FA Cup Final 2009, you whinging lot will be in the queue with the rest of us for Wembley tickets. "Oh yes I was a season ticket holder until 2008, then I became a Chorley fan but please please please Mr Williams let me go to Wembley!"

The Premier League is the most watchable, and therefore the best football league in the world. Out of 760 games per season, of course there will be some rubbish and Saturday was the perfect example of rubbish. But then out of 760 pop gigs, 760 classical concerts, 760 rock events, 760 tennis matches, 760 rugby, cricket, lacrosse, snooker, darts, athletics or ping pong matches, there will be rubbish.

If you don't like having access to the best football league in the world, at the cheapest prices in the world, then personally I think you can't add up. You are welcome to Chorley, or whatever else you choose to do. Blackburn Rovers are batting in a fantastic arena - the best arena - and I for one am delighted with that and I ain't going anywhere - in fact I just moved to Darwen from London and I've never been happier.

Tris, I would ask you to just read my final paragraph again.

Similar to yourself, after 25 years of travelling from the midlands, Ive moved to the NWest, mainly to get the value from my season ticket, however I wont bury my head in the sand when I see what in my opinion is a disregard for the true football fan by the authorities.

ps. Whether intentionally or not in your critisism of my post you have failed to pick up on my comments defending the Rovers Board and JW.

As much as Rovers market the game as being for the fans, the Premiership authorities and the TV companies have undermined any initiatives by rearranging kick off times, to a point that it has become a farce.

Archived