BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

Yet again a knee jerk by some people who don't read what people have actually posted.

Where the hell has anybody complained about the price?

All I can see is people complementing Rovers on it.

Alan's post above is top drawer and explains quite clearly IMO the what's and the what fors of what people are thinking and having to consider.

Its not a case of price for alot now - but moreso whether the little expandable cash they might have available or what they have to consider and weigh up before making a decision - especially in light with the rising costs of everything.

Other things have to be paid for first which is unfortunate for Rovers, but if the money is not there..

For me just because we are in the Premier League doesn't make a jot ... there alot of things wrong with the game that the Premier League is at fault for and even though Rovers are the main thing in the whole occasion, people don't want to be part of the claptrap that comes under the umbrella and will consider their money is required more valuably elsewhere.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rover: now now children,i remenber going to ewood in the 70's/80's when there were 5-8,000 of us,we have now 15k more fans not all under 30.then you went because it was your team,your town now a massive percentage go because they can see the best players/teams in the world.i used to love seeing tony field/don martin/simon garner/scot sellars PLYING there trade,now we go and watch ENTERTIANERS.

there is the difference,field/martin/garner/sellers got tradesman wages now these premier league dimwits get sinatra/mercury/jones wages.

as for £10 a week it is nowt,when i earned £500/£600 a week it was nowt,now i earn nothing it's a lot,give a beggar in the street a tenner and he will be off to buy a bag/line or a pint ,give it a premier league footballer he will lite a cigar,there you have it :brfcsmilie:

Tris...."If you don't like having access to the best football league in the world, at the cheapest prices in the world, then personally I think you can't add up".

Best football league in the world......probably yes.

cheapest prices in the 'world'............i think you`re wrong. Cheapest in the prem, yes.

.....you`ve just stumbled at your own hurdle there Tris :rolleyes:

Best football league in the world......probably yes.

cheapest prices in the 'world'............i think you`re wrong. Cheapest in the prem, yes.

.....you`ve just stumbled at your own hurdle there Tris :rolleyes:

Cheapest prices in the world for the particular product in question. Except perhaps Wigan. :rolleyes:

I was talking to my Grandad about this, hes been going on Ewood since the 1940s, he is not a nostalgic fan, but a man who knows his football inside out.

The last 15 years have been the greatest of his Rovers watching life. He regulary raves about Tugay as being the most gifted player hes seen, Brad the best keeper. Shearer the complete forward etc etc.

It costs him FIVE pounds a week to watch his team. So when it is said, 'we are paying the wages of these rich lazy gets' blah blah, well to be honest we are not.

Blackburn Rovers are letting us watch top level football for a fraction of what any viable business would charge, they subsidise us through the massive TV deals 'but wait we have Sky, so we are paying for them' Ok fair enough cancel Setanta, cancel Sky. There are still enough Man Yoo fans in Cambridge and Cornwall to make up for you.

'basic level of performance' Absolute garbage, if you remember this msg board was revelling up to around November about the 'best side since 95', then a bad run and to be honest we havent been on top form since, but so what? football is about belonging to your club and all you ask in return is that your club makes the absolute most of its resources and puts the fans first, theres no question that our board does that.

Blackburn Rovers are a wonderful club, whose whole remit is making the absolute most of our limited assests. We are an ongoing miracle that we continue to be competitive in this league.

UP THE ROVERS

Tris-For the price they charge at Chorley, I may as well pay a bit more and watch Rovers to be honest. My problem is more personal than owt else, I love going to watch Rovers home and away, and fully expect to see crap matches now and again. If I thought every game was going to be a 5-4 classic I would have stopped bothering yonks ago. When there is no game on at a weekend, I am a bit lost TBH. Sad but true!

Cheapest prices in the world for the particular product in question. Except perhaps Wigan. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but i`m sure i read somewhere the bundesleague & serie A were cheaper than the premier league.

I heard the "Rovers season ticket freeze" (the one with Bentley on) radio advertisement on talksport yesterday.....that`s a national station, for those who aren`t familiar with it. I`ve also heard it on the more regional stations too.

I may be wrong, but i`m sure i read somewhere the bundesleague & serie A were cheaper than the premier league.

True, but it's not the same product. We went to watch Hertha Berlin in the magnificent Olympic Stadium on the way home from Krakow, and whilst it was a great experience and only around a tenner to get in, the quality of the football was very poor.

(What they do get spectacularly right however, is allowing you to take pints of beer to your seat) :brfcsmilie:

Interesting Observer article on the subject here.

Thought it was a FIFA rule, not FA that doesnt allow you to have beer near to the pitch??

Good to see Rovers advertising has improved.

Nah - at the last FIFA World Cup we were allowed to take "beer" to our seats - although it was Bud so "beer" is only a loose description.

UEFA don't allow it at their competitions though. And I think in England it's against the law but only in relation to football, because you can go to rugby league games in the same grounds and sup away merrily.

The deligful Sporting Events 1985 regs. Another lovely spot of legislation to penalise football fans.

Outlawing drinking on coaches to football matches, trains carrying mainly football fans to matches, drinking at designated football matches....

Not rugby though, oh no, or in fact cricket.

True, but it's not the same product. We went to watch Hertha Berlin in the magnificent Olympic Stadium on the way home from Krakow, and whilst it was a great experience and only around a tenner to get in, the quality of the football was very poor.

(What they do get spectacularly right however, is allowing you to take pints of beer to your seat) :brfcsmilie:

Interesting Observer article on the subject here.

Tris I read this article at the weekend and would be interested to know your view on it

Rovers have also been advertising on the side of black cabs in Blackburn... I saw the new price freeze add on one before the official announcement infact.

Off topic really .... but just time for a quick rant....

I've often wondered how those decrepit bloody things we see in Blackburn ever get licensed! London Cabs that probably took John Profumo round to Christine's pad should have been on the scrapheap decades ago. Come to think about it wherever I've travelled to recently all have clean and shiny relatively new new Mercs / Passats / Skoda's etc. Our lot don't even display charges anymore and appear to have replaced those with a novel but completely dishonest 'inebriation' scale.

I doubt many of our black cabs are legal but I'm damned certain that they are a big slight on our town and show us up in a terrible light to any visitors. I'm sure that people from other towns will find the situation difficult to come to comprehend. God only knows why it's allowed to go on except that I presume the police and council consistently give way to wildcat taxi driver strikes usually timed for midnight on Saturday nights when bad weather has been predicted and a town full of drunken revellers are abandoned on the town's streets with not a 'top coat between em.

If you're one of the ten that are not renewing, why the hell post here. Pack up your stuff and leave quietly and quickly. And don't come looking for Cup Final tickets in a couple of years.

Maybe the "ten" have perfectly valid reasons for not renewing - for example , they may have reached the point in these difficult times that they can no longer commit themselves to watching every game , especially if they are used to going as a family .

Perhaps , McGarry , you have become so elitist that you believe that only fully paid up season ticket holders may post on this forum ?

Put a little thought into the matter and you might realise that without the "floating" fan (ie. the non season ticket holders ) the Rovers won't be competing for any cup final in the future ........

Off topic really .... but just time for a quick rant....

I've often wondered how those decrepit bloody things we see in Blackburn ever get licensed! London Cabs that probably took John Profumo round to Christine's pad should have been on the scrapheap decades ago. Come to think about it wherever I've travelled to recently all have clean and shiny relatively new new Mercs / Passats / Skoda's etc. Our lot don't even display charges anymore and appear to have replaced those with a novel but completely dishonest 'inebriation' scale.

I doubt many of our black cabs are legal but I'm damned certain that they are a big slight on our town and show us up in a terrible light to any visitors. I'm sure that people from other towns will find the situation difficult to come to comprehend. God only knows why it's allowed to go on except that I presume the police and council consistently give way to wildcat taxi driver strikes usually timed for midnight on Saturday nights when bad weather has been predicted and a town full of drunken revellers are abandoned on the town's streets with not a 'top coat between em.

I often ponder these things when thinking of our season ticket prices, but on the odd occasion I get a cab home I get chatting with the driven and make sure I ask for a receipt, complete with registration plate and license number - both are a requirement for expenses claims (not that I claim them when incurred in non work activity). It is interesting to note how many of them refuse - and therefore give me a free ride home.

Maybe the "ten" have perfectly valid reasons for not renewing - for example , they may have reached the point in these difficult times that they can no longer commit themselves to watching every game , especially if they are used to going as a family .

Perhaps , McGarry , you have become so elitist that you believe that only fully paid up season ticket holders may post on this forum ?

Put a little thought into the matter and you might realise that without the "floating" fan (ie. the non season ticket holders ) the Rovers won't be competing for any cup final in the future ........

Valid reasons, goes without saying: but the huff and puff moaning and turning £250 into elitism, is crap.

As usual actually.

Must admit Im a little suprised to have not receieved anything at all from the club about the new season tickets. After buying quite a few tickets this season I would have thought I would have been contacted about it.

I'll give the club a call today to get a pack sent through, just wondering if the club are missing a trick by not writing out to people like me who have a fairly good history of buying tickets.

Must admit Im a little suprised to have not receieved anything at all from the club about the new season tickets. After buying quite a few tickets this season I would have thought I would have been contacted about it.

I'll give the club a call today to get a pack sent through, just wondering if the club are missing a trick by not writing out to people like me who have a fairly good history of buying tickets.

Just playing devil's advocate Ricky, but perhaps they are still on with it.

A few seasons ago there was something like 70 000 names on the database for people who had purchased tickets in home areas at some point.

Got to admit though that if it was being filtered out, you sound like you should be at the top of the more likely targets.

I expect you'll get something when next season's prices come out. At the moment the club can only really push to supporters eiligible for this season's prices.

I haven't followed this thread all the way through, but any complaints at 250 quid is a bit daft.

I hate the big wages, the big egos and the top four, but the Rovers are the good guys for most part.

If you're one of the ten that are not renewing, why the hell post here. Pack up your stuff and leave quietly and quickly. And don't come looking for Cup Final tickets in a couple of years.

I'm not renewing and can't find anywhere in the BRFCS rules that says you need a season ticket to post here.

As it's not part of the rules, you're trying to get into some sort of "I'm a better supporter than you" wazzing contest, which I can't be arsed with.

There are other factors than cost. If you were to take your head out of your own arse, maybe you'd realise that.

I expect you'll get something when next season's prices come out. At the moment the club can only really push to supporters eiligible for this season's prices.

All supporters are eligible for this seasons prices, doesnt matter weather you are renewing or are a new season ticket holder.

Thats what i thought anyway.

Archived