BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

I thought the same Mark.

I spoke to a very nice lady at the ticket office today who was a little suprised that I hadnt received anything. She's going to send me a pack with my Reading tickets so all good.

Now I just need to get a car which doesn't cost me £50 in fuel to get to Ewood and back.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to follow this up, Ricky's experience stresses the importance of fans getting their details added to the database whenever a ticket is purchased from the club.

Looking up Ricky on our DB, at the time when the first batch of mailers was done we only had him down as coming to one home game this season - Liverpool. Subsequently he is down as coming to Fulham at home but that was it.

Ricky has been to other games at Ewood but those tickets were purchased by other people and thus his details weren't updated to show those purchases.

Therefore when the mailer was compiled, a fan from far afield, having only been to one home game, isn't going to get flagged up as a potential Season Ticket purchaser.

Also we've two Ricky's in hereford on the db, this also emphasises the importance of letting us know of any details that have been changed, fans can update those details themselves via the online ticketing website if they have an account set-up.

PS: The Early-bird prices apply to existing and new season ticket holders

Lee - will the club be sending out confirmation letters so that fans are certain there new applications have been receieved??

Just to confirm what Lee says, yep I've had confirmation. Said hang on to your existing plastic card as well, details will just be updated by the Ticket Office.

There's a time and a place to release season ticket sales numbers, but a fortnight after the launch of the offer certainly isn't one of them. Alas releasing sales numbers doesn't have an effect on increasing take-up, if it did we'd have a rolling count on the website ;)

I'm not renewing and can't find anywhere in the BRFCS rules that says you need a season ticket to post here.

As it's not part of the rules, you're trying to get into some sort of "I'm a better supporter than you" wazzing contest, which I can't be arsed with.

There are other factors than cost. If you were to take your head out of your own arse, maybe you'd realise that.

Actually reading what I've written might help here.

My point was that jacking it in because of a few dodgy performances was a crock of ######.

Actually reading what I've written might help here.

So how does this:

If you're one of the ten that are not renewing, why the hell post here. Pack up your stuff and leave quietly and quickly. And don't come looking for Cup Final tickets in a couple of years.

...turn into this?

My point was that jacking it in because of a few dodgy performances was a crock of ######.

I think it is pretty clear that a sizeable proportion of the Rovers' support don't think a top half finish in the Premiership is good enough- it probably needs the prospect of not getting a ticket for a Premiership clash against the dingles to spur ST sales.

It is not just at Blackburn-

An incredible two-thirds of football fans questioned in a survey believe that following the sport is a complete waste of money and are considering switching to rugby instead. Eight out of 10 fans feel players' wages are "offensive", while 67% are bored of the 'big four' clubs dominating the Premier League. (Daily Star)

That's taken from the BBC website. However, the words Daily Star and two-thirds of football supporters considering switching to rugby do rather undermine its credibility.

OK putting a more positive spin on things, the last three games at Ewood this season hopefully will be real belters. It would be fantastic if Rovers could blow the Premiership title race wide open when the Mancs come to Ewood.

An incredible two-thirds of football fans questioned in a survey believe that following the sport is a complete waste of money and are considering switching to rugby instead. Eight out of 10 fans feel players' wages are "offensive", while 67% are bored of the 'big four' clubs dominating the Premier League. (Daily Star)

That's taken from the BBC website. However, the words Daily Star and two-thirds of football supporters considering switching to rugby do rather undermine its credibility.

Funny you should post that, it's something I've been thinking about. Over forty years watching Rovers but sadly football is becoming a game for girlies.

Slightest contact is a foul.

Refs even give fouls now when there isn't any contact, 'because the intent was there' they say. Hell they're blo ody mind readers now.

I don't want to watch football as a 'non contact' sport.

I probably will renew our three for next season but I'm beginning to have serious doubts.

Having Renewed and not managed to guilt trip Simon into continuing with his season ticket i was wondering if there was anybody from the midlands area that would fancy a lift share next season?

I did it all this season and found it pretty good, obviously it hasn't always worked out that we share every week but on the whole it was good. So i thought i would ask, as if you don't ask then you never know.

CK a few hints for the future.

Buy two bricks and bang then together in the nether regions.

Buy a tv for the bedroom !

Make Mrs CK sleep in the spare bedroom, this ensures that you get your ST for the forthcoming season. :rolleyes:

Make Mrs CK sleep in the spare bedroom, this ensures that you get your ST for the forthcoming season. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough 1864 ... and I have questioned. :rolleyes:

Anyway - all is not lost yet

There are other issues for us beside the financial that are condemning it more really as well as my own questioning doubts about the state of the game.

Guest fernhurstblue

a couple of points about the colchester s/t prices ..... (1) they have a very small ground and need to maximise revenue (2) rovers REALLY do spoon feed the fans that go to ewood :brfc:

a couple of points about the colchester s/t prices ..... (1) they have a very small ground and need to maximise revenue (2) rovers REALLY do spoon feed the fans that go to ewood :brfc:

Plus they are a lot richer than us down there :lol:

Archived