BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Earth Tremors

you said "unmentionables" it's enough :)

Anyone notice the insurers are claiming the bill will be £15 million, I mean how much of this is actually earthquake damage and how much is it people trying to get their existing problems sorted?

A woman interviewed on Sky tv was saying her settee moved right across the room ... must have been on very sensitive castors. Where the estimated millions of ££s of damage comes from is anyones guess.

Anyway i'm just off to chuck a few slates off me roof ...

Just got my home insurance re-newal from my bank. Although i`ve not claimed anything on it for a few years.....it`s gone up about 12%!!!!!! :angry:

Does anybody know any decent websites i can go on to compare quotes?

Just got my home insurance re-newal from my bank. Although i`ve not claimed anything on it for a few years.....it`s gone up about 12%!!!!!! :angry:

moneysupermarket.com, I use them every year to look for my car insurance quotes and i haven't found any other site that has beaten it.

Whatever you do avoid Norwich Union like the plague. They are a shower of sh1t. But they will be very, very cheap. It depends how much hassle you can take if you need to make a claim.

Read what Mr Lewis has to say about it cletus.

Ive managed to get mine - buildings and contents, including accidental damage on both and legal and all kinds of other jibs for less than £200 in total.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/home-insurance

'Feb 27 2008, 01:21'[/b] post='589657']

I live in Clitheroe, and at around 1am the house shook violently and it felt like an Earth Tremor.

Just a sign from the Gods RibbleValleyRover....... Read this and then read the last line of my sig ....

Quote Admin@BRFCS.com

thenodrog,

Your member account at BRFCS.COM has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until Feb 26 2008, 23:45 (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Spooky huh? Quite obvious that the ancients don't bother putting there clocks back in October! :tu:

The cheapest isnt the best, if you need to claim.

Quite true, hence why I didnt go with the company with the cheapest quote.

However, I went with a well known company, and got an exceptional deal thanks to that article. Im not prepared to be ripped off by "big name" insurers.

Another thing, dont automatically renew with the same company as last year, as pointed out in that article.

Last year, After gettting a renewal, I checked on line for the best cover and price, ending up with my previous insurer but as a new customer. I saved £200 on my car insurance. yet it is with the same company.

Archived