BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can We Finish 5th ? (or 4th)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 30 points at stake anything is possible - I am just gutted we had a crap November - who knows where we would be...................... :unsure:

can someone give me the definitive Euro position? Am I right in thinking that with Spurs beating Chelsea in the Carling, then 5th is the final Euro place? Unless Man U and Chelsea play in the FA Cup Final...which then puts UEFA into 6th place, with the Intertoto dropping to seventh which is where we are now. Would be gutted to finish 6th and miss out just because scabby Bristol rag their way into the final of an unrelated competition. Am I right or am I missing something?

I did the BBC predictor thing and had us finishing 7th. We've got a decent run of games in March - we have to take advantage. I had us losing at West Ham and getting 7th also. If my predictions are anything like right - it could be the most exciting end to the Premiership since we won it. I had three teams all with a chance of the title on the last day - and 4/5 teams and 1 relegation spot left to take. I then had Chelsea winning it from United and Arsenal, with Liverpool 4th, Everton 5th, Villa 6th and us 7th. Derby, Fulham and Sunderland went down. I unfortunately think Newcastle will stay up with about 38 points.

4th or 5th => a big fat no!

6th - 9th => is where we will finish.

I think we have been very lucky the last good couple of games but we have, for some reason, gotten results.

Spot on krislu. 6th would be a great acheivement this season as it'd mean a finish above either Liverpool, Everton or Villa.

Spot on krislu. 6th would be a great acheivement this season as it'd mean a finish above either Liverpool, Everton or Villa.

A truly astonishing achievement to finish in the top third of the richest league in the world. So here's to the end of FA Cup romance hopefully and a TV showdown between the 2 I most hate in the Prem.

Sixth and not even an Intertoto would be too much to bear.

I think we need 20 points - so 7 wins out of the last ten games (or 6 and 2 draws) is do-able. I think we've got 3 games against teams above us. Therefore beat everyone beneath us to qualify. Its a tall order and I think we'll fall 5 points short but it'll be interesting to see how our opponents handle the pressure. In the last 2 seasons Hughes has asked questions of players in the run-in and they've produced. I wonder if Everton, Villa, Pompey and Citey will handle the pressure. Games like this saturday at home to fulham are more important than Liverpool away. I'll take 7 wins and 3 defeats.

We can draw against Liverpool and Manchester United, the rest we should and must win. Tottenham at home is a game we haven't really produced the goods in the last few years but is winnable, we need to break the Upton Park curse as well in our next away day.

If we can win our next three games against Fulham (h) W'Ham (a) and Wigan (h), it will give us a good indication as to what we can realistically expect, we don't need other teams to slip up, the lads need to get the job done themselves and then worry about Portsmouth, Liverpool, Citeh, Everton and W'ham slipping up. Theres no point in hoping they slip up if we slip up ourselves. But to be brutally honest if were to get into the CL this year, we need to produce Premier League Champion form and thats pretty much 8 wins out of 10 with maybe a draw and a defeat, can you honestly see that happening even with the fixtures that we have left. I know i said they are winnable, but Newcastle have been banging on for days how their game with us was a winnable game for them, it doesn't mean that we will win them.

I'd love CL football or even Uefa Cup football at Ewood Park again, i just think that maybe our poor run in November will have been the time that killed off our hopes of this happening.

I would love to be proved wrong by the lads.

I think we can finish 5th..4th is a possibilty but I think we have blown that...But 5th is reachable but we have to win nearly all our matces...A hard one but acheivable..

Rovers have to look at winning the home games.

Fulham, Wigan, Spurs, Manure and Derby should give us 12 points hopefully.

Wham, Liverpoo, Reading, Brum and Pompy is a difficult set of games that I would be ecstatic to see a return of 9 or more points but I believe is a very very difficult task.

One thing is for sure, it makes for a wonderful end to the season.

Fulham are bringing in excess of 3500 fans on Saturday so we should see a crowd of around 24000. Wigan might generae a bit of interest and we can expect a full house versus Manure and a decent crowd versus Spuds.

Its now time for us supporters to have a right go for the team. :brfcsmilie:

I think that it will be very tough for us to finish in 4th. We have many games which we can win, but that doesn't mean we will win them. Added to that games against Liverpool, Portsmouth, West Ham and Manchester United are ones where points could be dropped. I look at the drawn game against Everton at home, as one which we should have done better in.

Archived