• Betnley
    • Reid
    • Tugay
    • Pedersen
    • santa Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

If that's the best you can do, to be honest there's no point bothering.

You always reply in that sort of vein when you're stuck for a proper response don't you.

I don't agree with what tony gale's mic wrote but at least he tried to justify his point with a logical line of reasoning.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But we're not competing against these mid range European sides are we?!! You stick us in the Championship, our circumstances are significantly easier for the position that we're in. You say we're not as big as the big four, but look at Newcastle, Villa, Everton, Man City, Portsmouth, Spurs, West Ham, Middlesbrough and Sunderland all of whom carry more financial clout than us. Considering the only sides comparable to us financially are sides we're not in direct competition with, I'd say our circumstances are pretty tough.

You'd have a good point if there were only just enough decent players in the world to fill the sides you mention.

I can't believe there isn't an absolute abundance of talent out there, all busting a gut to draw a Premiership wage and who could do a decent job in the Prem.

You'd have a good point if there were only just enough decent players in the world to fill the sides you mention.

I can't believe there isn't an absolute abundance of talent out there, all busting a gut to draw a Premiership wage and who could do a decent job in the Prem.

A lot of this talent is already in the Premiership. If it were that easy then surely the clubs with more money would still be better placed to snap up this talent. For every great foreign import, how many rubbish ones do you see?! Plenty. We've managed to hold off signing too many of them so our views of it are a little skewed. Hell you can even sign an excellent player who can just not adapt to the conditions, there's been countless examples of that. It's simply not that easy. Having more money means you can spend it on players you can be much more confident will actually make the grade. Players who have played at the top level. Sure there's examples of players who have played at the top level who come cheap but often they've got baggage. Look at Benni. It's too early to fully judge Roque, let's hope he carries on scoring.

We've been lucky with the likes of Samba and Roque but they don't grow on trees. And let's not speak too soon either, Roque has looked a little off the boil recently and Samba definitely isn't by any means the finished article. You need more than just 'decent' players to compete with Everton and Villa who have a fair few excellent players in their sides who wouldnt look out of place playing for the top four. Arteta, Young, Barry, Cahill, Laursen, Mellberg, Lescott, Yakubu. We have Bentley and Friedel who would probably fit that description, and then possibly RSC and Samba if they can keep producing their good form.

You always reply in that sort of vein when you're stuck for a proper response don't you.

I don't agree with what tony gale's mic wrote but at least he tried to justify his point with a logical line of reasoning.

That's a joke. I've made the points that Tony has made. Over and over again.

I set out in simple language why it's tough for the club to compete in the top flight. You deny it's a problem. You are to be blunt unable to see what everyone else can. I think they call it being dogmatic, or stupid. Take your pick.

You need to catch yourself on.

I left it feeling more apathetic than angry because it was all too predictable.

Felt just the same. Went home looking forward to something to warm me up and watch the FA Cup on the box.

and the No.14 with the bright orange boots (couldn't see his name on his shirt and as usual the big Jumbroton did not have the teams on for more than 10 seconds, which I'm convinced is an attempt to sell more match day programmes, well done Cletus they are listening to your drive for improving match day revenues)

The new habit of not putting the teams up till the second half, and on Saturday not at all, is very irritating. I'm not going to buy a programme and if the teams aren't going on the big screen I won't be watching that, which means I miss all the ads - shame for the sponsors.

In which case one has to ask why are they all being paid such ludicrous amounts (OK supply and demand) and being advertised as the greatest league in the world!

His performance was simply disturbing.

Two bookings for Rovers first challenges whilst he let Fulham off with everything AND he gave a dodgy fre kick that led to their equaliser.

In fact, they shouldnt have dropped him, he should have been on a firing squad instead. <_<

Two bookings for Rovers first challenges whilst he let Fulham off with everything AND he gave a dodgy fre kick that led to their equaliser.

In fact, they shouldnt have dropped him, he should have been on a firing squad instead. <_<

I guess it just goes to show how used to sub-standard reffing I am. He was bad but not outstandingly so.

I guess we should be grateful the ref wasn't Halsey...... Samba would have been sent off. :rolleyes:

Bottom end of the table waking up. We seem to have set Fulham on the road to survival just like we did the same for WHam last season.

Fulham beat Everton and now have a long run of fixtures against fellow-strugglers. Woy has a lifeline.

The Koumas sending off for Wigan is so risible, all it will mean is the player is deeply rested for the visit to Ewood- that red card will be rescinded.

Good day for Fulham and a VERY bad day for Bolton against 10 man Wigan.Good UEFA cup run but no good when the fizzy pop league is waiting!

This is what happens Mr Williams when a club the same size and infrastructure as Rovers does not spend to strengthen its squad(even when they have 15 million from the Anelka fire-sale)..........................................

Archived