BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Opinion Thread

I definitely believe Hughes has raised Rovers profile in the footballing world along with Bentleys England international debut, I think Rovers are now firmly cemented amongst the footballing elite of this country but they just cant afford to sit back.

Only with Blue Tack JAL!

There is so little difference in the clubs between Derby and the top 4 that a run of bad luck with injuries / loss of the manager would see us struggle mightily and might see us relegated. Just look at Bolton, Wigan and Reading who were top half teams not long ago. The next time might easily be for keeps imo. :unsure:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only with Blue Tack JAL!

There is so little difference in the clubs between Derby and the top 4 that a run of bad luck with injuries / loss of the manager would see us struggle mightily and might see us relegated. Just look at Bolton, Wigan and Reading who were top half teams not long ago. The next time might easily be for keeps imo. :unsure:

True, thats why i say Rovers just cant afford to sit back or we could easily become another Derby.

We've only really produced one (Derbyshire)

As Waggy said, Derbyshire was signed from a non-league side a few years ago.

Derbyshire, in my view, reflects quite badly on the academy. Obviously he must have been a late developer, but it's quite amazing how he was under the nose of the club for so long (didn't he work for Rovers before being signed?) without anyone recognising his talent. It does make you wonder if more local lads, like Derbyshire, are being missed.

As Waggy said, Derbyshire was signed from a non-league side a few years ago.

Derbyshire, in my view, reflects quite badly on the academy. Obviously he must have been a late developer, but it's quite amazing how he was under the nose of the club for so long (didn't he work for Rovers before being signed?) without anyone recognising his talent. It does make you wonder if more local lads, like Derbyshire, are being missed.

Speaking to Matty's father he said to me in all honesty that the club had told Matty that they thought he would have been a better footballer if he had gone through the academy set up at Rovers to which i replied to Matty's father ********! Can you guess the reply :rolleyes:

More importantly how would you have replied on hearing this ?

You replied ########? He replied #### ###? I don't get it.

Sorry, was asking if anyone could you guess the eight letter word that was less than complimentary towards the Rovers academy but more importantly what does everyone think about the statement that was given to young Matty from the coaching staff within the club.

Sorry, was asking if anyone could you guess the eight letter word that was less than complimentary towards the Rovers academy but more importantly what does everyone think about the statement that was given to young Matty from the coaching staff within the club.

The impression I've always had of coaching staff is that they like to 'coach' the flair out of players.

Hughes needs to learn to give his "impact" players longer than 5 minutes

I agree about Friedel being worth 5 places. Without doubt 2 of Souness's greatest signings- Tugay and Freidel are now a problem for us in that they're both getting on (Tugay more so) and would appear to be irreplacable

Hughes needs to learn to give his "impact" players longer than 5 minutes

I agree about Friedel being worth 5 places. Without doubt 2 of Souness's greatest signings- Tugay and Freidel are now a problem for us in that they're both getting on (Tugay more so) and would appear to be irreplacable

Nobody is ever irreplaceable..... cos sooner or later everybody, everywhere will be replaced.

It certainly won't be difficult to replace Tugay in his current state.

Obviously if you talking about fitness then yes you will be able to find a player to replace him easilly.

However his type of playing style, a playmaker is not so easy to find. Playmakers are a dying breed, not many come along often and when they do they are worth a fortune.

I still think Tugay has one or two good games left in him this season then everyone will be saying give him another year, which in my opinion if he wants one we should give him it, he deserves it after many great years. But were still short of a good standard holding midfielder and im sure this will be Hughes's number 1 priority in the summer. Vogel is not the answer, especially if were thinking long term.

Archived