BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Maximising Revenue On Match Days

They should sell like a packed lunch where you buy one and open up the bag and inside is a sarnie,drink,kit-kat w/e.

Over-complicating things i think. You`d only get people saying "i don`t like this drink" or " why didn`t i get one of those?"

I think there`s rules on the amount of sponsors on a kit in the premiership. Imagine the Man Ure kit if there was no limits, they`d look like formula 1 drivers! :blink:

TAG-Heuer-Lewis-Hamilton1.jpg

Over-complicating things i think. You`d only get people saying "i don`t like this drink" or " why didn`t i get one of those?"

It's only complicated if you have a huge amount of choice for supporters. Thats when queues build up because Mr X is trying to work out what he and his kids want to eat.

If they had set meal deals then the staff are literally picking up a pre-made bag and selecting what drink the customer wants.

An example being:

A sausage roll - In bag already

Kit Kat - In bag already

Choice of soft drink

the original question was about maximising revenue on match day

why not do what Wigan do and have the ground floor of the visitors end as massive big bar with about 4 or 5 serving points. The fans can be easily monitored and policed (or even poisoned if they are ManUre) and they are spending cash that goes to Rovers rather than a neighbouring pub (ie The Fernhurst).

this space at Ewood has been vacant for some time since the "Sports Club/gym" went to the wall.

Indeed Rovers put out a tender and i'll bid for it and sub-contract it out!

On the issue of our pies I was bored and frozen on Saturday and deceide to have a cornish pastie....it was utter @#/?; made in Burnley (I bet they spit and put green things in it) and contained no meat...only vegetable matter. URGHHHH

Guest fernhurstblue

what were the small officies being advertised on the big screen against fulham - anybody got a link?

It's only complicated if you have a huge amount of choice for supporters. Thats when queues build up because Mr X is trying to work out what he and his kids want to eat.

If they had set meal deals then the staff are literally picking up a pre-made bag and selecting what drink the customer wants.

An example being:

A sausage roll - In bag already

Kit Kat - In bag already

Choice of soft drink

I really don't understand how that could work. The vast majority if people are going to want something warm to eat, so you couldn't keep it all in the same bag (i.e. pie stored with cold drink). They probably wouldn't be able to keep the chocolate in the fridge with the drinks either, it'd be more expensive and there probably wouldn't be enough room. So to sell the set meal you described, they'd have to grab the sausage roll from the oven (or whatever those things that keep them warm are called), grab a drink from the fridge and a kit kat from somewhere, stick it in a bag and give it to the customer.

Most people only want something warm and a drink, I don't understand how the above system would be any speedier than just selling someone a pie and a drink and sending them on their way. I wonder if vending machines could help? I don't know if any exist for hot food (can't see why not) but they could reduce queues at kiosks.

As it's always sunny down here, I guess we don't always need anything hot to keep us warm! :D

At Saints they have special carts going around the pitch at half time selling hot drinks which is pretty popular and quick to get. You can also buy a hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate) + a Yorkie for £2 which usually solves the problem of a quick bite to eat and a drink to keep you warm on a cold midweek night.

what were the small officies being advertised on the big screen against fulham - anybody got a link?

Blackburn Rovers Enterprise Haven

I think this will probably be located on the floor previously used by Touch Marketing and/or the gym.

===

It's a shame the ground was constructed so soon after the Taylor Report. I think that the the concourses have been designed purley to let people out as fast as possible, without any thought being applied to the catering. A feature that has since been incorperated to more recent stadia.

buys food in a football stadium is either desperate or extremely stupid. How much brain does it take to eat something before you go? Take a bottle of water or a bar of chocolate. Have a pint in a pub before, take a couple of samosas.

i for one was working on saturday and had no time for dinner and had to buy a pie .......i was starving sorry col .so having a balti pie makes me stupid.

i for one was working on saturday and had no time for dinner and had to buy a pie .......i was starving sorry col .so having a balti pie makes me stupid.

Not having a pop at you in particular Abbey. Just the general population.

The catering people at Ewood & at The Reebock & at Old Trafford & at (forgive me) Turf Moor have this really horrible job of having to deal with 5,000 pies & 2000 pints of lager in 15 minutes.

Then they have nothing to do for 2 weeks until the next home game.

Putting in a machine to dispense drinks is a no-go. It just sits there for 13 days out of 14 doing nothing.

I'm not going to slag off anyone who buys a pie at Ewood. I just think that with a bit of forward planning you can save some money, not get stuck in a queue and not miss the start of the second half.

So, that's me. Mr what does that mean? Perfect. Sorry.

I'm not going to slag off anyone who buys a pie at Ewood. I just think that with a bit of forward planning you can save some money, not get stuck in a queue and not miss the start of the second half.

Like i said in my original post 'i don`t usually buy stuff at the ground'......but on saturday, i`d gotten wet & started to feel the cold. A pie & hot drink appealed to me. Unfortunately the size of the queues put me off, thus meaning my £3.80 (or whatever it was) stayed in my pocket & didn`t go into the Ewood coffers.

Thanks mum ;)

It`s my own fault really, as i`d left my hipflask of Jack Daniels on the worktop in the kitchen. Usually a few pints in the Brown Cow & a swig of JD during the game helps keep the cold out.....& as for the rug, i didn`t know you wore a wig :blink:

This is done in the States here at most sporting events and it goes off without any issue.I think it would be a great idea for Rovers to maximize matchday income:make it easier for the fan to spend money.In addition a kiosk to sell Rovers memoriabilia on match day would work well once we out of the encumberences that the SWI deal holds over the club.

This is very true. Here in the states they have peanut guys that walks around baseball <_< games (up and down the isles) and they also sell beer,hotdogs,chips,cotten candy, soda and all sorts of other delectable treats. I forget which team it is but theres a peanut guy that can throw you a bag of nuts over 40ft and hit you in the face! Hes just that good! Now im sure that getting hit in the face with a pie or soft drink may not be ones idea of a good time, but it sure is entertaing.

I dont quite remember where i saw it but it was something like 150,000+ dollers made per game on food and drinks alone. Now i know that the games here have lot more people going to them as compaired to ewood but i mean if we were able to get more then we do now, even 10% more, im sure it would greatly help and add up over the lenth of the season.

I forget which team it is but theres a peanut guy that can throw you a bag of nuts over 40ft and hit you in the face! Hes just that good! Now im sure that getting hit in the face with a pie or soft drink may not be ones idea of a good time, but it sure is entertaing.

Health and Safety would have a field day, anyone sued him yet?

I dont quite remember where i saw it but it was something like 150,000+ dollers made per game on food and drinks alone.

Isn`t that because baseball (we call it rounders over here) games last about 14hrs? B) people are bound to get hungry.

A friend of mine recently in California (somewhere) went to a baseball game with his hosts. He said the facitilies were fantastic. No queues, plenty of choice, huge tv screens in the concourses (so you didn`t miss a thing)......unfortunately, he said the 40,000+ seater stadium only looked a quarter full for the whole of the game. He said the game lacked atnosphere due to the sparsity of the crowd, but the sound of the cash tills ringing never stopped.

theres a peanut guy that can throw you a bag of nuts over 40ft and hit you in the face! Hes just that good!

Hmmmm not saying that I find that difficult to believe but how tf does he get paid? Throwing dollar bills more than 4ft never mind 40ft is virtually impossible. Plus what happens with any change? Throwing coins at football matches will normally get you thrown out.

This is very true. Here in the states they have peanut guys that walks around baseball <_< games (up and down the isles) and they also sell beer,hotdogs,chips,cotten candy, soda and all sorts of other delectable treats. I forget which team it is but theres a peanut guy that can throw you a bag of nuts over 40ft and hit you in the face! Hes just that good! Now im sure that getting hit in the face with a pie or soft drink may not be ones idea of a good time, but it sure is entertaing.

I dont quite remember where i saw it but it was something like 150,000+ dollers made per game on food and drinks alone. Now i know that the games here have lot more people going to them as compaired to ewood but i mean if we were able to get more then we do now, even 10% more, im sure it would greatly help and add up over the lenth of the season.

i loved the beer brought to your seat thing they do...mind the price in arizona put rovers to shame,but the tailgate before and after was amazing.

Archived