BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz tells of Mark Hughes's temper

It's good to hear that Hughes was angry after the Coventry shambles - because that performance was totally unacceptable. There have been quite a few occasions this season where I hope Hughes gave the 'hairdryer' treatment to the players, including the shocking debacle against Larissa, when the players disgraced themselves.

Incidentally, what a surprise that Roque says of his time in Munich that the Germans are "unfriendly". I would never have expected that. Coming up next from Santa Cruz - The Scots are mean, the French smell of garlic and the Africans like playing drums.

Clearly this tall photogenic Paraguayan isn't missing life in Germany. And I can't say I blame him....

The link to the interview was enough.

The petty offensive comments aimed at no less than four nationalities and their cultures was a little bit cringey and needless. I always stick up for you AESF when the others head hunt you for being 'racist' but sometimes you don't half bring such allegations upon yourself.

Just hope Roque scores a crucial goal pretty soon or he might find the natives turning nasty.

Everything I read about Roque points to him being an incredibly decent and level-headed lad and I think we are incredibly fortunate to have him at Rovers.

One spat in my wifes face when he discovered she was English whilst on holiday in Spain the other year

I hope you only stopped punching when all you could feel was wet ground.

One spat in my wifes face when he discovered she was English whilst on holiday in Spain the other year

Clear proof that all Germans are scum. There's not a single Englishman who'd ever react negatively towards a German.

(Obviously a horrible, horrible thing to do, which goes without saying. Just pointing out that it says nothing whatsoever about what Germans are like. Which also shouldn't need saying, but apparently does)

Clear proof that all Germans are scum. There's not a single Englishman who'd ever react negatively towards a German.

(Obviously a horrible, horrible thing to do, which goes without saying. Just pointing out that it says nothing whatsoever about what Germans are like. Which also shouldn't need saying, but apparently does)

You absolutely cannot generalise from the behaviour of one loony. People have done enough of it with the hooligans who have followed England and our clubs abroad and now innocent fans going over to have a laugh and enjoy the football are assaulted by police and badly treated by locals. And lay off the Germans. My son-in-law is German as is my soon to be born grandchild.

Germany is no different to any other country including England.You get friendly people usually in villages and small towns and then you get people that are totally indifferent to you usually in cities.

Having been to Germany myself,when i was out in the sticks the people were great,however in koblenz (a decent sized city) it was a different matter altogether.In fact it is probably twinned with London. ;)

Germany is a fantastic country and every single German I have ever met has been uber cool and friendly.

Seconded. Every time I've been to Germany I've had a brilliant time and everyone has been very friendly and hospitible.

Having lived in southern Germany for a year, I can assure you that not all Germanz are "uber cool and friendly", especially the power-mad tw*ts in uniforms, who seem to be itching for a confrontation.

There were quite a few unfriendly people there as well.

Having said that, they didn't all live up to the national stereotype.

Have you been reading "How to Make Friends and Influence People"?

Since a lot of the people I met weren't uber cool and friendly, then it is a turn up, given that according to teh book of Shillito, all germans are uber cool and friendly.

Do you go out of your way to be a haemoroidal pain in the behind?

We are incredibly fortunate in having Roque.

The guy leads the line so well- he is always willing to show for the ball and his movement up front is exemplary. The only thing missing from his game is explosive pace. Put a speed merchant alongside him and we could cause some really big damage.

Archived