BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Charged With Yet Another Misconduct

• 1 month later...
The sooner we clean our act up the better.....our record was a shambles under Hughes really when all said and done.

Really the last year or so their discipline hasn't been that bad once Savage was gone. The legacy though followed the team and they got a few harsh cards I thought this last year.

I don't know how Newcastle have got away with it.

Do the FA expect all our bench to sit there whilst the Newcastle player pushes MGP into the dugout with an arm to the neck??

I wouldn't like to upset anyone with the size and build of Jason Brown!

Yeah Jason Brown, good player him, when he has had his chance in the first team he hasn't let us down, just a shame (well its not really) that Friedel is mister perfect and never injured, i just hope he stays round to take friedels place!!!!

The sooner we clean our act up the better.....our record was a shambles under Hughes really when all said and done.

What a thoroughly confusing remark from a Rovers fan.

This Newcastle thing is utterly unbelievable.

It's not only these examples of ridiculous inconsistency from the FA but our 'bully boy' tag goes much deeper. The ammount of cards we pick up for 'dissent' and nothing challenges is alarming and shows why we have such a poor record.

If the FA actually applied their own laws then most players in top 4 clubs would get at least a card a game after harranging the referee and falling about after innocuous challenges.

It's starting to get like the NBA where the superstars get a pass that regular players don't. In both cases it shows in international competition. Team USA struggles because their guys get called for fouls and travelling whilst not seeing ticky tac calls made against the guys defending them. It throws their game out of whack. It's the same (though to a lesser extent) for England. The big name players can't con the referees in the same way and don't get the whistle blown every time a defender breathes on them.

It needs sorting out, and fast.

I agree, having just undergone a referee's training course with the FA it is very much the case that their is a lot of confusion they expect the referees at grass roots level to referee the game by the book but they wont make their Premier Refs do this because if star players get booked or banned they will lose money because people pay to see them!!!!!!!

Archived