BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Employment Advice

I've got an interview for a job tomorrow, and I've been told that the interviewer follows a "competency based process".

I've been told that my answers need to say the reason something needed doing, what I did, and what the outcome was.

Has anyone else had a competency based interview recently? What sort of thing are they likely to ask? (The position is a supply co-ordinator).

This just means that they will be measuring the candidates by what they deem to be your ability in the competences they think are important for the job. Say for example that team working skills were important. They may ask you to describe a situation when you demonstrated good team working skills. If they want someone who is resilient they may ask you to describe a situation when things went badly wrong and how you coped with it. The best preparation is to think of a few examples of times when you have dealt with difficult situations well and try then top work talking about them into your answers. Don't be afraid to use examples from outside work e.g. from school or college or say a football team.

Good luck!

Guest fernhurstblue

Although not employed by somebody myself, I would have thought that most interviews would be "competency based"?????

Archived