BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gordon Ramsay

Love him or loathe him ....'[/url]

........ you wrote Nicky boy ; I just happen to loathe him because he's a foul-mouthed yob and a bully.

But then he's regarded as "good television", so his behaviour must be all right.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you related to PC Plod from Viz?

Foul mouthed he is, bully, I think not - just knows good food and how to run a successful restaurant so therefore tells people like it is. They do apply to go on his shows - he doesn't choose them I don't think.

Foul mouthed he is, bully, I think not - just knows good food and how to run a successful restaurant so therefore tells people like it is.

Nah he's simply hit on a 'marketable' TV gimmick, all TV chefs appear to need one.

People appear to enjoy watching his public facade even though it is foul mouthed, brusque and abrasive. He's good at it but I like Jim am just dying for someone to smack him in the gob next time he subjects them to a torrent of abuse in his increasingly frequent attempts to publically humiliate people.

.......He's good at it but I like Jim am just dying for someone to smack him in the gob next time he subjects them to a torrent of abuse in his increasingly frequent attempts to publically humiliate people.

Someone already has. Unfortunately it was a sketch on a comedy programme & it wasn't the real GR. It was, however, extremely funny.

........ you wrote Nicky boy ; I just happen to loathe him because he's a foul-mouthed yob and a bully.

But then he's regarded as "good television", so his behaviour must be all right.

No names , jimbo ....it's frowned upon .

Ramsay , even if he is a decent bloke deep down (which he may well be) , is buying into the culture of low standards ; cheap and nasty TV which insults the intelligent viewer with its shock tactics . For "shock" read "tedious".....

It pains me to say but you're right in this instance , jim . Well done - your cultural standards have finally been elevated from the subterranean level .

Have any of you been watching him at 10pm C4 , hes in america

Why do Americans present shows so horribly? Their insistence on calling him "Chef Ramsey" (even when he's not there) is cringeworthy, and the back stage interviews with employees degrades the show to the level of those stupid dating shows they have.

Is all American TV presented in that generic way?

Edit: Oh yes, and the overly dramatic background music. Almost makes it unwatchable. I say 'almost' because there's sod all else on.

No names , jimbo ....it's frowned upon .

Ramsay , even if he is a decent bloke deep down (which he may well be) , is buying into the culture of low standards ; cheap and nasty TV which insults the intelligent viewer with its shock tactics . For "shock" read "tedious".....

It pains me to say but you're right in this instance , jim . Well done - your cultural standards have finally been elevated from the subterranean level .

:rolleyes:

Its absouletly cracking tv!.

The guys one of the best chefs in the world and tells it how it is , that Martin(from tonights Ep) Was a waste of space and deserved what he got.

You've lived a sheltered life, haven't you?

From what I've seen he's not a bully. He just comes down hard on chancers, layabouts and p***-takers.

Maybe where you work that is tolerated behaviour?

Dillons last night was the last in the series, (downloaded when it aired on Fox months ago). For us Ramsay addicts 'The F Word Series 3' has just dropped through my letter box, and if you enjoy brainless Americans getting bo**ocked by the best in the business, Hell's Kitchen USA airs on the 1st of April. It'll probably appear on a torrent site a couple of days later. :tu:

Phil, I don't agree that he employs shock tactics when everyone already knows what he's like. "Wow.. that Chef Ramsay swears a bit doesn't he ?"

Bryan, chancers and layabouts do get the hairdryer, you're quite right, and the tryers and grafters even end up working for him.

I and many others think it's top telly. If you think it's 'lowering the standard' there's always the wholesome 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

I was reading that Gordon lost a vegetable chopping contest when he visited a prison. He ended up offering the bloke a job.

That geezer he squeezed out last night was an absolute tosser who didn't even know what he was doing. But I'm sure if there'd been a bit of hand-holding, a bit of "there, there", that would've turned his attitude round completely :S

Compared to Marco Pierre White, I'm sure he's a pussy-cat. I saw some footage of him once, a junior chef complained of being hot, so White slit this geezer's uniform down the back with a steak knife. "How's that, you ****ing hot now?"

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, as it were. One of those work environments where you can't really survive on talking a good game.

You've lived a sheltered life, haven't you?

From what I've seen he's not a bully. He just comes down hard on chancers, layabouts and p***-takers.

Maybe where you work that is tolerated behaviour?

It is possible to be a hard taskmaster without swearing. Ramsay's language may be acceptable in a kitchen but my view is that it is not acceptable on public television in the name of "entertainment".

I watched the programme once and thought it was appalling - I won't watch it again. I find it depressing that people regard a foul-mouthed oaf abusing people as "good televsion".

It is possible to be a hard taskmaster without swearing. Ramsay's language may be acceptable in a kitchen but my view is that it is not acceptable on public television in the name of "entertainment".

I watched the programme once and thought it was appalling - I won't watch it again. I find it depressing that people regard a foul-mouthed oaf abusing people as "good televsion".

Get over yourself.

I was reading that Gordon lost a vegetable chopping contest when he visited a prison. He ended up offering the bloke a job.

There was also the Kitchen Nightmares episode where he went to France. A young girl started working as the head chef whilst he was there, but in the end the lazy cow playing with her Dad's money decided she couldn't be bothered with the restaurant and closed it down. Gordon ended up offering her a job at one of his restaurants back in London, it showed a small clip of her starting her first day.

Last nights American one left me feeling a bit uneasy though. He really let fire at the Martin the General Manager, but I'm not sure he deserved it. He was blaming him for the cock roaches, flies etc. yet he never said a word to the head chef. I've never seen an episode where he hasn't held the head chef responsible for the kitchen. Was it a coincidence that the chefs didn't speak English so bollocking them wouldn't have been futile? I think Martin just took the brunt because someone had to get shouted at for the cameras.

Anyone notice at the end of the programme, - the credits?

The programme isn't necessarily shown in the Chronological order that it's shot! Now is that something only applied to this series, because it isn't something that I've noticed before. There was summat else on the credits that was strange too, but I can't remember what it was. What's that illness called, that affects old people who can't remember what they did 5 minutes ago?

Ramsay is a culinary genius and like most genii in all walks of life has a screw loose. Very rare to find an Anthony Minghella and (perhaps) a Barack Obama who is genius, decent and sane.

Oner thing I hate about "reality" TV (which is why I now watch none of it so I am criticising in a vacuum) is the reality is in reality the producer's fantasy- hence the credit about ###### about with the chronological order.

This producer latitude is so much the norm that it didn't remotely cross the mind of the entire BBC hierarchy that mixing, cutting and generally fricking about with the Henry or whatever the latest editing wizzardry currently used to edit the film about the Queen's photo shoot might not exactly be a smart thing to do.

Half a dozen brilliant careers crashed and burnt on that one....

Of course there is only one HRH. The rest of us mortals are best advised to shut up and scarper when a jerk with a camera shows up.

Well, yes, it's not exactly as it happened, some liberties are taken in the presentation, I'm sure. But it doesn't have to be taken too seriously, I'm sure.

I think the reason the chefs didn't get rollocked was because they knew no better, hence the reason a consultant was brought in. The General Manager sacked off because a) he was lazy; and B) he didn't know what he was doing. But I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I and many others think it's top telly. If you think it's 'lowering the standard' there's always the wholesome 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

I'll stick to Jamie Oliver then ..... :)

Anyone see the new cookery girl (Tommi Miers) last night on her tour of Spain ?

Hard to take anyone seriously who can't pronounce their "r"s correctly ....cooking a ware , bwaised wabbit would defeat anyone .

• 1 month later...

Archived