BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crown Paints New Rovers Sponsor

Stop it Scotty!

Thats very good! Are you looking to work alongside me on the new moderating team Paul? ;)

btw wanna come to the housewarming? I'd ask others from your neck of the woods except I've only put standard 30" doors on.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your house already has 4 toilets, how many bogs does a man need ?

Taken one out to put another in John. But a bit of imaginative planning means that crucially I've managed to place them so that they still all face east-west! ;):tu:

Think it is currently just under £1m a year so its about a £650k increase per season.

Thats very good. It is a bit sad that, alongside a fraction of the gate and ticket price, we also get such a small amount in sponsorship compared to Spurs or Villa or Everton.

But the extra 700k should hopefully put us in a position where we can hold onto our key players.

Thats very good. It is a bit sad that, alongside a fraction of the gate and ticket price, we also get such a small amount in sponsorship compared to Spurs or Villa or Everton.

But the extra 700k should hopefully put us in a position where we can hold onto our key players.

Player.

Perspex

McEwans Lager

CIS Insurance

HSA

Bet 24

Have I missed any?

Looks like Crown Paints will be the only one that I may actually buy a product from. But not if B & Q's own brand is £5 cheaper.

Has anyone ever bought anything because it's on the front of a football shirt? Is anyone so stupid?

Perspex

McEwans Lager

CIS Insurance

HSA

Bet 24

Have I missed any?

Time

AMD

Coors (remember that one?) for one game only, if i remember right.

Has anyone ever bought anything because it's on the front of a football shirt? Is anyone so stupid?

I don't think that's the intention though. Well, obviously that's the ultimate intention, but not via the logic you're using there. It's just about being exposed to millions of people in this country and countless more worldwide. Come the new season, there are always a couple of new sponsors in the Premiership from companies I have never heard of, but after a few weeks of watching Match of the Day I know exactly who they are* (and oddly tend to spot them in other places, newspapers etc.). People are always more liable to purchase from a company they have heard of or recognise, which is why companies like AOL can claim to have millions of customers despite offering a crap service.

*Just had a quick look at the Premiership kits for this season and realised there are quite a few companies that I am clueless about, so you might want to ignore that part. Change Beer always stands out to me now though whenever I'm in the alcohol aisle.

I'm sure any one of us here would feel like we recognised any of the 20 Prem sponsors if we saw their logo elsewhere. Most of us probably wouldn't know why, but there would be a slight hint of familiarity with them.

I'm sure any one of us here would feel like we recognised any of the 20 Prem sponsors if we saw their logo elsewhere. Most of us probably wouldn't know why, but there would be a slight hint of familiarity with them.

That's any interesting point and one I've often wondered about. I'm not sure there is a real effect unless the company is already a known brand:

Not a clue what the product is:

Bolton - RBK

Reading - Kyocerb

Everton - Chang

Spurs - Mansion

WHU - XL

Only know the product beacuse the logo states what it is and never seen elsewhere:

Villa - 32RED

Sunderland - Boylesports

Birmingham - F&C Investments

Fulham - LG - is this a phone company?

Pompey - OKI

Man Utd - AIG never see the logo elsewhere but believe this is an insurance company of some sort?

So in my case 25% of the brands are a complete mystery, I had to look up the sponsors by looking at a shirt site, 25% I only known because the logo says it all - e.g Pompey and OKI print solutions - the other 50% are househld names. Plus I truely don't know what AIG is / does other than someting to do with insurance.

That's any interesting point and one I've often wondered about. I'm not sure there is a real effect unless the company is already a known brand:

Bolton - RBK Is this something to do with Reebok, the people who make pre-cast building materials?[/i]

Reading - Kyocerb Kyocera are photocopiers and office machines aren't they?

Everton - Chang Beer in the far east

Spurs - Mansion Betting in the Far East

WHU - XL Airline used to be Excel

Only know the product beacuse the logo states what it is and never seen elsewhere:

Villa - 32RED betting

Sunderland - Boylesports The owners' company?

Birmingham - F&C Investments Used to be Foreign and Colonial when the likes of the Australians knew who they were

Fulham - LG - is this a phone company? Only the third largest electronics company in the world- Korean originally Lucky Goldstar

Pompey - OKI - Scandinavian electronics I believe

Man Utd - AIG never see the logo elsewhere but believe this is an insurance company of some sort? Huge American re-insurer. They have/had designs on the online insurance market and are using the mega deal on the Mancs to build brand awareness

Bolton - RBK

Reading - Kyocerb

Everton - Chang

Spurs - Mansion

WHU - XL

Villa - 32RED

Sunderland - Boylesports

Birmingham - F&C Investments

Fulham - LG - is this a phone company?

Pompey - OKI

Man Utd - AIG never see the logo elsewhere but believe this is an insurance company of some sort?

So in my case 25% of the brands are a complete mystery, I had to look up the sponsors by looking at a shirt site, 25% I only known because the logo says it all - e.g Pompey and OKI print solutions - the other 50% are househld names. Plus I truely don't know what AIG is / does other than someting to do with insurance.

I think 32RED, is a betting company, compared to our own 24bet.com.

LG is a company which makes phones, mp3 players, surround systems. Almost everything concering electronics. The Company name I think is LG Electronics.

OKI makes printers I think, but I am clueless to the others.

philip

Fulham - LG - is this a phone company? Only the third largest electronics company in the world- Korean originally Lucky Goldstar

Which just goes to prove sticking a couple of letters on a football shirt does absolutely nothing for brand awareness!!! ;) I know who Samsung are because it tells me in big words I can read!!

Archived