• Created
  • Last Reply
Perspex

McEwans Lager

CIS Insurance

HSA

Bet 24

Have I missed any?

Looks like Crown Paints will be the only one that I may actually buy a product from. But not if B & Q's own brand is £5 cheaper.

Has anyone ever bought anything because it's on the front of a football shirt? Is anyone so stupid?

Possibly not..but I refused to buy Vodaphone when it was on the front of acertain red shirt!!

• Backroom
They're not called Lucky Goldstar any more though, they're just LG.

I thought they made vacuum cleaners and 'phones.

They make all kinds of domestic electrical appliances

Not a clue what the product is:

Bolton - RBK

Reading - Kyocerb

Everton - Chang

Spurs - Mansion

WHU - XL

XL.....is that a range of clothing for Americans? :huh:

Possibly not..but I refused to buy Vodaphone when it was on the front of acertain red shirt!!

and I hate the Dandy Warholes for allowing their song to be used on the vodaphone advert showing ManUre playing

I like our new sponsor. Nothing to do with the company, just that it's a bit different. We used to have a beer sponsor when the league and loads of other teams had beer sponsors. Now we have a betting firm with a few others doing the same. Sponsorship is all about brand recognition, not sales generation. The more places you see the brand the more recognised it will be. AIG are a massive company, they just want their name out there, they are not specifically targeting Man U fans.

I've also never refused to buy something because they sponsor a rival team.

LG = Lifes Great - new company logo apparently

XL is Excell Airways I beleive, crap planes, crap food and crap entertainment

LG stands for Lucky Goldstar...Life's great is it's advertising campaign...

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did Scottish and Newcastle put sponsorship money into Rovers just as they were about to close the Lions brewery Blackburn same as Crown paints are about to close a part of its Darwen business.

Is the part of the smoothing over process into closing the Darwen site ?

• Backroom
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did Scottish and Newcastle put sponsorship money into Rovers just as they were about to close the Lions brewery Blackburn same as Crown paints are about to close a part of its Darwen business.

Is the part of the smoothing over process into closing the Darwen site ?

Crown Paints are NOT closing part of thier Darwen business.. Akzo Nobel are selling Crown Paints because they have acquired Dulux Paints and can not hold both.

The part of the paint industry in Darwen that is facing losing jobs is Industrial Paints - which is still owned by Akzo Nobel.. and the reason jobs are on the line is because Akzo want to reloctate the manufacture of Industrial Paints to Holland.

Crown Paints are NOT closing part of thier Darwen business.. Akzo Nobel are selling Crown Paints because they have acquired Dulux Paints and can not hold both.

The part of the paint industry in Darwen that is facing losing jobs is Industrial Paints - which is still owned by Akzo Nobel.. and the reason jobs are on the line is because Akzo want to reloctate the manufacture of Industrial Paints to Holland.

Thank you, yes i did know that, i was just being a little bit mischievous wondering if there was another motive behind the sponsorship deal.

Archived