BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F1 Grand Prix 2008

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spa is in September

If its rain you want then look no further than this Sunday. I think the race starts 7am our time but its afternoon in the humidity of Malaysia where rain is already forecast.

Do you think Massa wishes he still had traction control? :lol:

I love it how the drivers were saying all winter that 'the lack of driver aids will make no difference'. And during testing.. there was little difference.

But once the red lights go out and its racing time... then suddenly its a completely different kettle of fish.

Racing will be much better for it. Suddenly guys like Massa won't look so great anymore. All F1 drivers are quick over one lap, but how many can be smooth and clean for 90 minutes on a Sunday afternoon whilst racing wheel-to-wheel?

Hopefully Kimi can recover from his setbacks on Sunday to give Lewis a run for his money. Kimi drove brilliantly for the first half of the race.. and then suffered brain fade in the 2nd half.

I think BMW will get closer to McLaren as the season goes on.. Nick should race better as the year goes on. A mate of mine at BMW says they found a season's worth of downforce at the last Barcelona test.

Do you think Massa wishes he still had traction control? :lol:

I love it how the drivers were saying all winter that 'the lack of driver aids will make no difference'. And during testing.. there was little difference.

But once the red lights go out and its racing time... then suddenly its a completely different kettle of fish.

I thought your old pal Fernando looked a little iffy without his aids too.

Did you go to the race?

We took a couple of cans each in our bags on each day at Silverstone.

Not sure if you are allowed but we got away with it. You certainly wouldn`t get away with a 24 pack, put it that way.

Cheers. I'll give it a go! If they threaten to take em off us I'll happily down them before I go in :)

Lewis Hamilton was fasted in Friday practice.

Rain is looking more and more of an issue for both qualfiying and the race.

As Button said ( 4th quickest! ) " if it rains, all hell will break loose ".

Will certainly be eventful.

Hamilton and his team mate have been demoted 5 places on the grid for blocking other drivers.

Hamilton now starts 9th

Not much hope for him in this one. His car looked poorly set up, maybe due to lack of experience and he was already struggling.

Maybe some rain might mix it up.

If not, expect Ferrari to walk this one.

• 2 weeks later...

After last years scandals, Max Mosley ( big chief ) insisited that F1 would be scandal free this year.

And then this!

Unbelievable!

I know its the NOTW but this guy won`t be taken seriously in the pitlane again.

Bye Bye Max.

Ron Dennis must be dying laughing.

3 or 4 of the team have released statements about him too.

He counter attacked them too

Its pure comedy(the way they are at each other, not the allegation), surely he has to go now

Archived