BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dvd Burning Software

Does anyone on here know of any good software, which I can download so that I can create DvD’s? The current software I have takes ages. Last night it took 2 hours to burn a movie – is that normal or poor? Think that was just windows DVD maker or something.

Anyone know of any good ones that are much quicker? Let me know how long they take and where I can find them. Cheers

I went and bought some 16-R discs and looking at the info below I think that might be my problem?? Am I right in thinking iv got the wrong discs??

This is what my spec says:

compatibility : CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-R(DL), DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R(DL), DVD+RW, DVD-RAM

maximum speed :

Read: 24x CD-ROM, 8x DVD-ROM/

Write: 24x CD-R, 4x CD-RW, 10x HS CD-RW, 10x US CD-RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-R (Double Layer), 4x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+R (Double Layer), 4x DVD+RW, 5x DVD-RAM

type : DVD Super Multi (Double Layer) drive

The ones you will have will be DVD-R I guess, they should be fine. It would be almost impossible to buy the wrong discs for the drive you have since it accepts pretty much everything.

It does take a while to convert these things, but two hours seems a bit steep if you're using the Acer you were on about in another thread. If it is simply to watch things on your television, by far the easiest solution is buy a £3 S-Video - Scart/RCA (red/yellow/white connectors like Playstations etc) that lets you hook up your laptop to your television and use that as your monitor. That thing is also pretty bloody good when you decide to use certain streaming sites, beats staring at a monitor.

just seen this thread-sorry to highjack but maybe someone can help the issue i have too? :rolleyes:

i have nero on the computer- but i have downloaded a home movie from video camera and used windows movie maker to dub music, titles etc.

the issue is, it has saved it as a wmv? file and when i try and drag the file from folder into nero- it isnt compatable?

i know how you would normally do it (right click, save file as etc) but it doesnt allow me to do that?!

anyone a wizz at this stuff can point out what i am doing wrong?

:brfc:

just seen this thread-sorry to highjack but maybe someone can help the issue i have too? :rolleyes:

i have nero on the computer- but i have downloaded a home movie from video camera and used windows movie maker to dub music, titles etc.

the issue is, it has saved it as a wmv? file and when i try and drag the file from folder into nero- it isnt compatable?

i know how you would normally do it (right click, save file as etc) but it doesnt allow me to do that?!

anyone a wizz at this stuff can point out what i am doing wrong?

:brfc:

I am not sure if this will work because I am not able to try it at the moment but Nero can be used as a plug in to Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player can read wmv files so can you not open WMP and copy it from there?

Could be wrong of course.

Are you trying to burn the file as a "DVD-Video" in Nero? If so, it won't work as that profile expects you to already have authored DVD files. I never install it as I find it bloat-ware but nero (the full version) has DVD authoring software under "Make your own DVD-Video" in the smart center.

Actually, re-reading your original post, have you used Windows Movie Maker within Vista? If so, reload your file in there and then select DVD under the "Publish to". That will open Windows DVD Maker which will go through the process of making menus etc and then burning to disc.

If you didn't mean any of that, then ignore me.

Are you trying to burn the file as a "DVD-Video" in Nero? If so, it won't work as that profile expects you to already have authored DVD files. I never install it as I find it bloat-ware but nero (the full version) has DVD authoring software under "Make your own DVD-Video" in the smart center.

Actually, re-reading your original post, have you used Windows Movie Maker within Vista? If so, reload your file in there and then select DVD under the "Publish to". That will open Windows DVD Maker which will go through the process of making menus etc and then burning to disc.

If you didn't mean any of that, then ignore me.

Cheers lads, i was trying to burn as a "DVD-Video" in Nero. if this wont work then thats a bummer :angry:

Biddy- i dont have vista unfortunately- i made the movie in windows movie maker, but in the options i have in there it lets me burn the disk as a data disk-

which then doesnt play in the dvd player :angry:

so, i have the completed one saved on the hard drive as a wmv file- but still dont know how to burn it onto a dvd that will work ?

cheers

Archived