BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Race To The Premiership

Looking very tight at the top of the Championship, Bristol City slipping to defeat today, Watford and Stoke drawing 0-0 and West Brom getting beaten by Leicester.

Top of table looks like this

Pos--------------Played----Pts

1. Stoke---------39--------67

2. Bristol City---39--------67

3. Watford-------38--------64

4. West Brom----37--------62

5. Hull------------38--------59

6. Plymouth------39--------58

7. C Palace-------39--------57

8. Ipswich--------38--------56

9. Charlton-------39--------56

10. Burnley-------39--------55

11. Wolves--------37--------54

I think to close to call still as at the moment nobody seems consistant enough and positions can change on a weekends result, but looking at the teams who are challenging does anyone of them look like they could stay more than one season in the Prem or would they all do a Derby.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking very tight at the top of the Championship, Bristol City slipping to defeat today, Watford and Stoke drawing 0-0 and West Brom getting beaten by Leicester.

Top of table looks like this

Pos--------------Played----Pts

1. Stoke---------39--------67

2. Bristol City---39--------67

3. Watford-------38--------64

4. West Brom----37--------62

5. Hull------------38--------59

6. Plymouth------39--------58

7. C Palace-------39--------57

8. Ipswich--------38--------56

9. Charlton-------39--------56

10. Burnley-------39--------55

11. Wolves--------37--------54

I think to close to call still as at the moment nobody seems consistant enough and positions can change on a weekends result, but looking at the teams who are challenging does anyone of them look like they could stay more than one season in the Prem or would they all do a Derby.

Sorry-I hadn't seen your question below-neither of the top 2 teams look as though they will have much money behind them, which does not augur well for them.

Sorry-I hadn't seen your question below-neither of the top 2 teams look as though they will have much money behind them, which does not augur well for them.

Stoke chairmen is worth over 300 mill, they have also spent over 8 m this season. Still think they would realy struggle next season if they reached the prem.

However if you look at the likes of Stoke, Bristol City, Ipswich and Wolves there is real potential there long term. Ipswich have always got good crowds, and along with the likes of Plymouth and Hull they are situated geographically in areas that don't have much competition between clubs for support.

I think out of that lot the club that is least likely to do well - or at least do well long term - is our beloved @#/?s. However I'm sure Nicko can convince us otherwise...

I went to Hull Vs Southampton today.

Hull won 5-0. and being really honest... it WAS a Premiership quality performance. Hull totally outclassed Southampton. The best team performance I've seen live since Rovers beat Sheff Weds 7-2 back in 97(?)

And that was with Caleb Folan & JayJay Okocha out suspended & the vice-captain Wayne Brown (centre-back) & Craig Fagan injured.

Dean Marney looked quality too (bought from Tottenham youth team), his assist for the first goal to Fraizer Campbell was inch perfect. He hit an over the top, through ball from the edge of the Hull area to just in-front of Fraizer Campbell... one Tugay would have been proud of. (check it out when the highlights are put onto Virgin website, you'll see what I mean) he also set up the 3rd and scored a 20+ yard peach of a goal.

Hull's season is going pretty much like what Rovers' usually does... creeping up the table not getting any attention, leaving the club happily to go about their business.

Watford, West Brom & Ipswich

At the start of the season I would have said Southampton but they go and sell their best players and now they are dreadful to watch.

I've even seen a young kid in a Pompey shirt playing football in Southampton. A few years ago you'd never have seen that. I just hope Saints sort it out so younger kids will follow them and not the team down the road.

I hope Watford comes back up. I have found a soft spot in my heart for them ever since going to one of there games last season VS Portsmith. I think it'll be Stoke, B.C. and Watford all coming up next season. WBA or Hull both look very strong to make a push for the top flight but i still think itll be the top three that are on top coming up next season.

I still think that West Brom will take one of the automatic promotion places. Of all the teams in the race for promotion, they are also the only ones that look good enough for me - in terms of playing and coaching staff as well as in financial terms - to remain in the Premiership. Under Mowbray I can see the Baggies consolodating their position in the Premiership over the next few years.

I'm going to go with Bristol City and WBA to get the automatic promotion spots, the rest is a bit of a lottery.

I would personally love it if Stoke made it up into the Premiership, even if its just for the one season. Its a nice easy day trip and we are sure to get 6000 visitng fans to Ewood when they (if) come.

I would also like to see WBA along with Hull or Bristol C.

Thats my 3 from 4.

The Baggies would certainly bring entertainment to the Premiership and Bris seem to be a neat footballing team as well. Hull look like they have got a good run going at just the right time- they might even sneak into an automatic promotion slot. And then where will the next answer for the biggest European city never to have had a top flight football team be?

Do not want Watford to go up- awful football.

I think Plymouth is the next biggest never to have had top flight footie.

That piece of Hull City trivia might be replaced by another, but nobody is sure on it... does anybody know;

IF Hull get into the Prem, will Ian Ashbee be the only captain of a club to have ever led a team from Division 3 to the Premier League and still be captain?

It's a hard one to call, no one seems good enough to string together any sort of results. As long as Nicko doesn't win money I'm happy. The three I'd like to come up would be Stoke, Wbrom and Ipswich. Or B City instead of Wbrom

Anyone but Stoke for me, where i live is crawling with them and they are the "very quick to dish it out but cant take it" brigade.

If they came up and beat us i wouldnt be able to show my face for a year :unsure:

Archived