BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Race To The Premiership

really hope it aint manure.. arsenal i hope more than the others.. loving the title race though, been the best in years.. if chelsea win their game in hand on arsenal its gunna be good!

Much as we'd all be delighted to see Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal in the second division.....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ex-Rover Michael Gray after last night, now has three goals in six games, including one against Burnley and one last night. After a dozen goals in about 400,000 appearances for Sunderland and none in 64 for Blackburn-the guy is more prolific than Benni McCarthy and Michael Owen.

RE-SIGN HIM :rolleyes:

I wonder how many games he has actually watched at that level this season? I suspect the answer is very few.

It's easy to run down something from afar. I've seen enough to know it's not that bad and at least it is competitive rather than some of the non-games you get in the Premier. If you look at the gates there is a rise in interest.

And as for the 'straight back down' argument, don't be so sure. There is some rubbish at the bottom of the table and a couple will survive this season and still be poor next.

FACT is - any of those teams in the championship this year are not good enough to come up and make a big impact without major changes and stay up. Of most of those trying to get up - i think they will all go straight back down - unless they spend mega money.

Hughesy, you can spend mega-money and buy mega-rubbish.

The issue for all three promoted clubs will be more their Managers' ability to attract the right quality than the size of their wad.

We have just seen how Vogel had the choice between Rovers and Sunderland. Is anyone arguing that O'Leary and his backers have not spent mega-money? (£35m according to that table of amounts spent on another thread).

This in part is a reason why finishing 6th or 7th this season is so very important to the Rovers.

Hughesy, remember the impact Reading made when they first came up with only a couple of low-key signings?

I think West Brom's current squad is good enough to stay in the Premiership and they are bound to get a few good signings in this summer.

Hughesy, remember the impact Reading made when they first came up with only a couple of low-key signings?

I think West Brom's current squad is good enough to stay in the Premiership and they are bound to get a few good signings in this summer.

I'm pretty sure it was only one signing, the Asian winger from Wolves for 2.2 million.

Can you imagine Hull & Bristol City in the prem? Good luck to `em i say! :tu:

It`d really pee-off alot of the football elitists for two very unfashionable sides to make it up.

BTW......how good was the Preston result? :lol::lol::lol:

Now pretty clear that its any two from the top 5 to go up following West Brom's 90th minute heroics (2-3 to 4-3 against Colchester) and anyone from Ipswich down to Cardiff to grab 6th.

Southampton looking more and more likely to drop into the third division.

The population of Grimsby-Cleethorpes-Immingham is about the same as Blackburn with Darwen and Milton Keynes has double the population of Blackburn with Darwen.

I am roughly aware of the size of both the towns, I was merely surprised at the amount of glory boys they both took to Wembley.

Grimsbys average attendance this season is 4,219.

MK Dons average attendance this season is 8,811.

That leaves around 43,000 extra on top of the averages.

To be honest I don't blame folks for going along even if they are 'glory-hunters'.

Chance to see their local teams at Wembley is too good to miss really, as it's difficult to get tickets for Internationals and cup-finals of most other teams.

Archived