BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johann Vogel

It seemed to me the kind of player you can see play an entire match without noticing anything remarkable about him.

If he is a DM then that could be a good thing, if he is an AM then that isn't good at all.

Still we wait and see. He has a good pedigree. :rover:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm Basque-Spanish and I've seen him play for Betis. He never impressed me. It seemed to me the kind of player you can see play an entire match without noticing anything remarkable about him.

You'd think if he was any good he wouldn't be without a club. I'm prepared to back Hughes and give him a try.

Like the sound of this one potential new very slightly younger hamman type. So preparation for next season starts now, clearly bentley is gone come the summer so next seasons 1st choice midfield currently reads Vogel + 3 more new signings as Dunn and Reid are no better than squad players if we aim to be top 6 or 7. I concede that bentley is as good as gone to either villa, city, scousers or spuds. So Friedel,Warnock,Ooijer(can't believe how improved he is), and santa aside we have several positions that can be improved, c'mon the scouts. p.s. what the hell has happened to samba lately let alone nelsen.

It is Tugay who will be leaving - as well as Mokena.

Vogal is a very good defensive midfileder, good passer of the ball (hence possible replacing Tugay) supports the defence and able to open up opponents defence wiyth his passing. You do not play - get signed for the clubs he's played for if your crap.

This is a good gamble for MH and a very experienced player and a possible gem if he gets fully fit.

Bentley is going nowhere - he has a long contract at Rovers, which has NO GET OUT CLAUSE as this was insisted by MH - any new contract will also have a no get out clause.

No doubting his pedigree. Hughes said last week, he has admired Vogel for a number of years. He said similar comments before signing Andrew Ooijer and Santa Cruz.

Everton wanted him last summer and in the recent January transfer window (the only reason they did not sign him was because of his contract dispute with Betis). Also, Manchester United registered an interest a couple of years back, so he must be fairly decent.

Man Utd 'foiled in bid for Vogel'

I am just waiting for the 'he must be past it' comments.....

It is Tugay who will be leaving - as well as Mokena.

Vogal is a very good defensive midfileder, good passer of the ball (hence possible replacing Tugay) supports the defence and able to open up opponents defence wiyth his passing. You do not play - get signed for the clubs he's played for if your crap.

This is a good gamble for MH and a very experienced player and a possible gem if he gets fully fit.

Bentley is going nowhere - he has a long contract at Rovers, which has NO GET OUT CLAUSE as this was insisted by MH - any new contract will also have a no get out clause.

Do you actually KNOW all this to be true or are you just speculating? Only you seem to be speaking with great authority in that statement.

If he is a DM then that could be a good thing, if he is an AM then that isn't good at all.

Still we wait and see. He has a good pedigree. :rover:

He's a DM. Well, it can be seen the way you suggest. At least he's not a constant threat of losing balls in dangerous zones.

I am just waiting for the 'he must be past it' comments.....

He must be past it.

Usually the case when you played for Milan and Man Utd were after you, and you've just signed for Blackburn though not before a two week trial.

Doesn't sound like a man on top of his game to me.

This signing hardly thrills me, but I'll reserve judgement until he's played a few games for us. He has played for some of the worlds best teams and, at 30, has a good few seasons in him yet.

I wonder if we'll bring in another midfielder in the summer, we certainly need to.

If the guy can get back to the sort of form that he had when he was at PSV and made AC Milan sign him, then he will be a good signing. He has bags of experience at both club and international level and provides the team with an actual defensive midfielder which we have needed. I don't expect him to make an instant impact, but the fact is that he is probably better than what we already have when you look at Mokoena and Tugay. This could well turn out to be another piece of good business by Hughes.

HURRAH! HURRAH!

Aaron 'The Toothpick' Mokoena's going to get the boot. Back to Racing Gonk reserves, matey.

Great news.

(BTW: What's this about Hughes working his magic? This signing is not exactly a great risk or a great spot by Hughes - although, Vogel will be, i'm sure, an excellent signing)>

HURRAH! HURRAH!

Aaron 'The Toothpick' Mokoena's going to get the boot. Back to Racing Gonk reserves, matey.

Great news.

(BTW: What's this about Hughes working his magic? This signing is not exactly a great risk or a great spot by Hughes - although, Vogel will be, i'm sure, an excellent signing)>

So is this a good signing or not?

BTW Flopsy I was thinking McKinlay, although the bald fella not at the "people's club" might fit the bill.

I wonder how long before we see him in a Rovers shirt?

Quality player who will be good for us if we use him correctly which I am sure we will. In many ways a very important player for us because he will put pressure on all the midfield to perform.

Dunn could well lose his spot in CM meaning he will challenge Bentley and Pedersen for their wide spots.

Archived