BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johann Vogel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, cos I remember a commentator saying that he looked like Ruud Gullit when he came on as a sub for us...

Edit: soccerbase have him down as making one FA cup sub appearance. They also have him down as leaving for £400, 000 k to Freiburg. If that's true, we didn't take much of a hit. Luckily.

With Tugay clutching at straws with regards to a new contract, i think it is unlikely he will get offered a new contract now we have vogel + being 37. also interesting to see how frustrated mokoena is after sitting on the bench for such a long time. could see him going to a promoted team.

Will Vogel have international clearance by saturday?? would be interesting to give him 20-30 minutes to see how he does

You obviously don't remember Crnl. Jeffery Kenna.

yeah jeff kenna won his place back at right back and valery then re-signed for his former club Bastia, with Blackburn Rovers picking up £80,000 from the French League outfit for the right back.

as for vogel 0,,10303~3611794,00.jpg

good work

This signing could see the end of everyone's favourite The Axe.

For me - another sign of Hughes gradually improving the squad. For all those that doubt Vogel - he must be an improvement on Moko - who hopefully we will get a fee for, if he moves on in the summer.

Yet more good business by Hughes and Rovers - proving yet again that you don't need to spend money to improve your squad.

No no, Kenna played RB and Valery played LB, replacing Le Saux.

However, he was too good for the Premiership, so went back to France until England caught up with him.

We then started playing Gary Croft for a laugh.

I thought he played right back whilst Kenna filled in at left back until Gary Croft came into the team.

Anyway!

Good to see Vogel get his clearance through. I'm sure he'll feature on the bench soon after a few reserve run outs and hopefully have a good pre-season and be fully fit for next season.

Yeah, cos I remember a commentator saying that he looked like Ruud Gullit when he came on as a sub for us...

Edit: soccerbase have him down as making one FA cup sub appearance. They also have him down as leaving for £400, 000 k to Freiburg. If that's true, we didn't take much of a hit. Luckily.

I was at that game, didn't realise it was his only appearance for the Rovers. Was a 0-0 away draw at St James' Park, utterly dreadful. Ashley Ward hit the bar near the end when clean through, I think that was our only chance. We lost the replay 1-0 at Ewood thanks to a Louis Saha goal. The only football match I've ever been to with my Mum, she had a great time laughing at the fat geordies waving tenners at Keith Gillespie whenever he took a corner.

Anyway, hopefully Vogel will make more of an impact than Konde.

yeah jeff kenna won his place back at right back and valery then re-signed for his former club Bastia, with Blackburn Rovers picking up £80,000 from the French League outfit for the right back.

as for vogel 0,,10303~3611794,00.jpg

good work

Interesting he's been given the #8 shirt. Wonder if that's a sign of things to come, or whether it was just the best available shirt after Savage's transfer.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vogal play. I hope he makes an appearance before the end of the season.

As for Mokoena, I reckon we'll probably get a reasonable fee for him - maybe £500k, which would be a profit on the transfer fee we originally paid to bring him to the club.

Archived