BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trip Plannage... Australia..needs...you!

gents and lasses. I need your help.

I'm going on a round the world journey of epic proportions. Actually, It's halfway around the world with a quick stop via Europe. My air ticket has rules that mean I have to make a stop in Europe and / or England and I figure if large corporations are forcing me to go to such places at no extra cost I might as well make the trip that just bit better by heading down and making my first ever trip to Ewood Park :rover:

I've seen Blackburn twice before. Both against Spurs. Both at WHL. Lord help me :wacko:

It looks like I have the choice of flying into London or Manchester. Keep in mind I'm a backpacker on a budget. Taking a cross country train journey would be pretty cool if I got to see some of England but I don't want to waste money on it if everywhere will be suburban and Burnley looking :rolleyes:.

Of course I have no idea who Blackburn would be versing on the weekend that I'd be going although it would be around September so heres keeping fingers crossed the match will BE at Ewood. I need recommendations for cheap accommodation around or near the ground and also obviously which airport to fly into. I was looking on the website and Blackburn do ground tours for quite cheap so I'd DEFINITELY have to book 1 of those, what do you think the likely hood of meeting a few players during the ground tour would be :blink: ? My mates are Villa and Everton fans and every Saturday we crowd around the box midnight perth (aussie) time and go all out, so there'd me mega jealous.

I'd probably be only in England for literally like, 4 days because I've heard how expensive it can be and although I was born in Northampton, I don't really have much need to see London as I've seen it in the past.

I'll be 21 by the time I'm there so any recco's for what mischief I could get upto are well appreciated :closedeyes:

www.jonsblog.cjb.com was my old blog for those who don't care

please help!

Aim to avoid the weekend of 5th/6th September as that's an international weekend and there won't be any Premier League games. Other than that you have a 50/50 chance of getting a home game at Ewood on the other weekends. Also bear in mind that games can be moved to Sunday and occasionally Monday.

If you don't want to go to London then much better to fly into Manchester. There is plenty to see for a few days apart from Ewood. It would probably be easier to stay in Manchester or Liverpool and commute to Ewood for the match, although you may have to come on another day for a ground tour - I don't know whether they do them on matchdays. I would contact the club beforehand if you want a chance to meet a player - they are usually pretty helpful and Radio Rovers are always looking for stories.

If you want to stay near the ground I know that Charlie (American) swears by the Fernhurst, literally just yards from the ground. I'm sure if you PM him he'll tell you about it.

To be fair, Woodlands was a good time on Saturday night with the live band.

Fernhurst is good if you want to walk to the ground early and buy ticket(s), go to the shop, or just have a look around. In addition, the breakfast is good, the staff very friendly and the rooms are nice.

but it's a nice walk to get the alcohol out of your system if nothing else.

Yeah that works!!!

The worst i have ever felt watching football was after a night with the Irish there. Closely followed by the day after the Ricky Hatton fight.

The Woodlands is a good location, friendly staff and very affordable, at the Irish rates especially. :rover:

great, thanks a lot for the help. i'll most likely get in touch with the club nearer the date but the accommodation recommendation's and city choices are a huge help. should be quite the trip.

Archived