BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's Have Fun!

No, and I still dont believe he is either. Not for where we want to be.

He may pop up with a goal occasionally, but IMHO he is not be a 15+ goal a season striker YET.

He's more than good enough to be our 4th choice/impact player from the bench striker though Stu. He'll be worth a few million now, and that's a few million saved in the transfer market by giving him a chance in the first team.

I don't think anyone would be expecting a youngster to come in to the first team and cement a place week-in, week-out. What would be extremely useful is if Kane could prove himself to be good enough to fill in at right-back occasionally, because it's clear that Zurab isn't up to that job. Similarly it would be great if Treacy could provide competition to Pedersen, and a play a few games when he inevitably goes through a bad patch.

The resentment to the idea of trying one or two youngsters before the end of the season is really baffling. It's obvious we have a couple of squad places that need filling, yet we don't have the money to waste on squad players because we have more pressing matters like central midfield. The academy must be in a really sorry state if the majority think that playing just one or two of those lads will result in us embarrassing ourselves in the league.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't it be 1 point cost us if we were heading for a draw??? Sorry, feeling all nit picky today :rolleyes:

We came away with 0 points, they got 3! I make that 3 points lost as the the game is not settled one way or another until the final whistle.

This Ryan Nelsen kid(?) from the reserves is the one I'd most like to see get a chance before the end of the season!! :P

RYAN Nelsen will return to competitive action this evening when the gets a runout for the Rovers Reserves side in their league game against Wigan Athletic.

The Rovers captain has missed the last eight weeks of action due to a hamstring injury, so his return this evening is a welcome boost.

Rovers official site

Please don't cut and paste entire articles. Also be sure to credit your links - thanks

What I reckon we should do is play all the kids and find out that none of them are good enough, then I think we should moan in the summer when we dont spend any money, and we have to sell simply to break even because we lost 4 places in the league, worth however many millions we might have spent.

Actually the potential downside financially is extremely limited (500k?) because we could only really drop one place from the 9th place where we are now.

Whether anyone has done anything like enough to suggest they deserve a chance is another matter entirely.

We have a fair shot at 6th place. Our wingers are playing well at the moment, and up front we have four strikers fighting over two spots. I'm not totally against the idea, but I'm having trouble seeing which youngster should be given the chance. Any decent central midfielders, Judge? Treacy is just getting back from injury (no pun here either) and Olsson won't challenge Warnock (nor the improving Gamst Pedersen).

There might be a right back position opening with Emerton injured, or a place on the bench at least. Nolan, Kane, Flynn even?

The commentator got it spot on (for once) when talking about Sears running at our defence: "They don't know anything about him!"

This is what a youngster can do for you, however it will be the most effective in an advanced position like a striker or a winger - where I highly doubt anyone will get in at the moment. Get Treacy match fit, stick him on the bench and let Bentley play in the centre or upfront the last twenty.

:rover: thanks billy for being brave enough to mention rovers should blood some youngsters,i used to do it every season and get ridiculed.this season every place is worth a £million,if rovers were'nt willing to do it when it was half of that they won't do it now.everyone looks on the negative side,what if samba was not playing the last 2 games we could have been 5 points better off.it was not treacy's fault we got beat with coventry,he should be given a chance,i would look forward to saturday more if hughes announced derbyshire/kane /nolan/treacy and peter were playing but i will have to look forward to the tripe thats been served up all season :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

It was worth a try. Get back to moaning and stressing then you lot, since that's what you all love. What a miserable, negative bunch you are. Deep down you want to go the same way as Bradford and float around the 3rd division with no money, just so you can take comfort in your team being rubbish. And you want it to rain every day, have your house broken into, have a crazy Muslim extremist move in next door etc. All this so you can say, 'well my life is crap, so why bother'.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression when I was 13 and I seem happier than most here! Come on, let's enjoy our football, its not like one of our family will be killed after the loss to West Ham. We're in the top division, are not in trillions of £ of debt, and don't have Vladimir Romanov as our owner.

I've been going down to Ewood for 46 years Billy and always enjoyed it.

Let me put your topic back to you. You want rovers to enjoy their football, so what can they do, that they aren't already trying to do?

What side can they put out that will entertain us?

Archived