• Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Tugay

Now come on, folks, where's your faith? The weather forecast is dodgy - likely to be a tad cold (don't forget your gloves and thermals, Benni); the wind will blow any noise the supporters make away, and several of the lads have to get home pronto after the match for baby-minding duties.

You surely don't expect a favourable result tomorrow, do you? :unsure:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's the morning of the match, and the preview has had 25 replies (26 now).

If that's any indication of the level of interest and excitement over todays game then it looks like we're in for another tepid atmosphere this afternoon. Remember there are only three more home games left till August, and no tournament for England fans in the summer, which means only 360 minutes of live football for home fans in the next five months.

I expect the crowd singing will be similar to the Fulham match, which was one of "entertain me and I might get excited."

And after Boxing Day and New Years Day games were moved, we seem to have lost Good Friday and Easter Monday as traditional dates for games now.

Should expect Wigan to look for a draw, Marcus Bent is back for them and I guess he will score again against us, so probably 2-2 to the Rovers.

We need a win, but i feel a draw is coming.

0-0 or 1-1 scoreline i reckon.

To be honest i'm finding it hard to get motivated about Rovers at the moment, what with some of the teams dropping points and as usual us failing to capitalise. We've been picking up points, secured safety in the league but with early exits in both Uefa and FA Cup's and with us not looking to get Europe next year i am disapointed. Then there is the manner of our performances, dire and inept at times, particularly at home.

Even though i predict a draw it wouldn't suprise me if Wigan give us a beating. With Emerton out Ooijer looks set to play Right back, with Zurab and Samba in the centre. Zurab and Samba pairing doesn't seem to click for me, they both need either a Nelsen or an Ooijer alongside them to provide leadership. Samba has looked a real liability in recent games as well.

Not going to bother following the game today, will check the result at 4:45pm.

Well it's the morning of the match, and the preview has had 25 replies (26 now).

If that's any indication of the level of interest and excitement over todays game then it looks like we're in for another tepid atmosphere this afternoon.

Loss of interest was evident last week Ozz. Only 41 votes in the MOTM poll for the Wham game.

Loss of interest was evident last week Ozz. Only 41 votes in the MOTM poll for the Wham game.

Maybe due to it not being on telly, and not many actually going in person who post on here. I didn't vote cos I was not there and only saw the goals on TV, once, meaning I could not possibly have a valid opinion on the MOTM.

Maybe due to it not being on telly, and not many actually going in person who post on here. I didn't vote cos I was not there and only saw the goals on TV, once, meaning I could not possibly have a valid opinion on the MOTM.

Yeah same here... I only tend to vote when i've either been to the game or watched the whole of it on live TV.

Should get better figures after today's game :)

The ref is Mike Dean.

He reffed us at Bolton and Fulham

He also sent 2 off in the Man City game at Ewood. And was responsible for the most inexplicable booking of the season in that game (Bentley).

Last season he gave pens a plenty at Sheff Utd and home to Bolton.

So my prediction is

Rovers 3 (McCarthy Pen 33, Dunn pen 71 Bramble og 83) McCarthy missed pen 55

Wigan 2 (Heskey 39 Sibierski pen 65)

Ref's should be a bit more lenient when it comes to derbys. Obviously if there is a really bad tackle, or a really bad incident that breaks the rules of the game then fair enough cards should be shown.

It annoys me when you see a derby with a bit of fire and fair but physical challenges and the ref is trigger happy with the cards. It can ruin the game.

Archived