BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

Well i'm bored of this season already, so lets focus on next.

I think Hughes will look to ship a few out, possibly youngsters with low key players such as Hodge etc... moving on.

Those under serious threat IMO of moving on are:

Roberts - Looks good but can't finish, Hughes is obviously not a big fan - will leave.

Berner - Never really plays, doesn't look good when he does - could leave, may stay for cover.

Mokoena - Not playing much, with Vogel in it could signal the end as he isn't happy with lack of game - depends on offer.

Tugay - I fear no new contract for the turk, Vogel's signing and lack of games already - no new contract.

Gallagher - Hughes obviously rates him but he isn't going to do it now - depends on offer but quite likely.

Rigters - Not what we hoped - depends on offer, likely ish.

Encks/Brown - Time for one to leave.

Henchoz - Always injured, never plays when fit - no new contract.

Bentley - Definatly wanted, but always speculation - unlikely but depends on offer.

Santa Cruz - See above.

McCarthy - See above and depends on other strikers available.

Players in:

Huddlestone is obviously liked but depends on demands and whether spurs will sell - pretty unlikely.

Spurs - watch the exodus

Bottom 3 - doubt anyone from Derby but depends on the others.

No doubt there will be a loan signing in there and a few surprises, obviously a lot will depend on who goes but I think a defender, midfielder and at least 1 striker will all be on the list.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread this as it could actually break the record if allowed to go on !

Looking at potential players from the relegation haunted clubs, there are not too many that I would like to see in a Rovers shirt.

Derby = Giles.

Sunderland = Richardson.

Bolton = Meite or Nolan.

Reading = Lita, Doyle,Harper maybe the redhead for a back up striker.

Fulham = Bocenegra (rb).

Brum = Mcfadden, Cahill and Larsson.

Newcastle = Taylor, Duff and Martins.

Thats about it.

Outgoing are Gally, Tugay, Berner, Henchoz,Enckleman,Roberts,Mokeona plus a few ressies.

Reading = Harper

Harper's a brilliant player, I think he'd fit in perfectly to our midfield, especially alongside Vogel as Harper is a true box-to-box player. He gets a few goals as well, which is something we sorely lack at the moment in central midfield.

Unfortunately it looks like Reading will survive, in which case they'll be in a position to ask for a high fee.

Jimmy Bullard if Fulham go, fellas all action and runs himself into the ground but also has some skills. Happily swap any of our midfielders + cash for him( except Bents obviously). Don't want Huddlestone really don't see why. More than likely it'll be players we've never heard of but as long as their half decent i'll be happy. Much rather buy 27 year old foriegners for <£2m than pay £6m for a Baines or similar types, sickening feeling when u pay loads and the player stinks i.e. Alfonso Alves. Great feeling when u sell a stinker for silly money i.e. Kuqi. I personally hope that without a benefactor this club does'nt get suckered into paying silly money for big club rejects, as there generally a reason the big club binned them off and they hardly ever justify the money as people are bound to start thinking of the likes of SWP,Crouch etc as the summer nears! :rover:

Brum = Mcfadden, Cahill and Larsson.

Might have a problem with the Cahill one.

Tim plays for everton and Gary plays for bolton. I assume you mean Gary, but he has just signed from villa so i doubt he will move again.

Noooooo, we still need Tugay. He's already had one MOTM award in my book without playing, just for the half-time raffle. :lol:

Players to look at for me include

Forsell - Brum (is that how you spell it?)

Richardson - Sunderland

That little fella at Villa who lost his place to Young

Bullard - replacement for Sav

I used to think Arca and Gera were good too but now I'm not so sure. Alternatively, if my ideas are a little "low rent", I believe that Barcelona have a very promising Argentinian...

I think Forsell is too similar to Benni (and not as good). If we are going to bring in a new striker we could really do with someone who has real pace. It's the only thing we don't have from any of our current first choice forwards and wingers.

Now that we have Vogel, I'm not so keen on the idea of Huddlestone. We've just signed one centre midfielder who sits backs and is good at passing so why sign another? It would be better to bring in someone who will run on and support the strikers a bit more, as that is something we haven't done properly for a long time. If Vogel is fit enough to play any games this season it would be interesting to see whether a released Dunn or Reid was able to do that.

I'd also like to us bring in a wide player. If Peter is good enough then get him involved in the first team, and if not then get rid of him and bring in someone else. Pedersen has had no competition at all and for large parts of the season has not deserved to keep his place in the side. It would aslo be good to have a back-up for the RHS as Derbs is no kind of winger, perhaps if we do get another centre midfielder then Reid could fill in here when required.

With a bit of luck Nelsen will be back to his best by the end of the season, but if he's still not got it then we will need to replace him in the centre or find someone else who can play at RB when Emerton isn't playing so that we can keep Ooijer in the middle.

I'd like to see either Benni or Roberts leave so we can bring in someone else up front. It would probably be better for the team if it was Benni who left as I think Robers is a better impact player and I don't think Benni would react at all well to being third choice and would just drift away into the background.

Hopefully we won't lose Bentley, but if we do lets hope we get a big enough fee so that we are able to bring in players to make the team stronger overall.

Noooooo, we still need Tugay. He's already had one MOTM award in my book without playing, just for the half-time raffle. :lol:

Players to look at for me include

Richardson - Sunderland

That little fella at Villa who lost his place to Young

Bullard - replacement for Sav

I used to think Arca and Gera were good too but now I'm not so sure. Alternatively, if my ideas are a little "low rent", I believe that Barcelona have a very promising Argentinian...

I think the likes of Forsell and Malone (I presume that's who you meant) are the types of players we need to be looking at. We can't afford the big names, and we can't really afford the risk of paying out for overpriced youngsters. Our best bet IMO is snapping up the decent players that are going to be left out of their respective teams due to said team signing massively overpriced household names. This summer that means raiding the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa and Spurs. They are going to be spending.

A few realistic names here....we have very little pace in our squad & are in need for someone in centre midfied who can get some goals.... Dunn, Savage, Tugay, Mokeona & Reid...3 league goals all season

Darren Bent - Goalscorer and got plenty of pace

Tom Huddlestone - Good passer and long term replacement for Tugay

Aaron Lennon (If Bentley departs) - Again more pace

Kevin Nolan - Goalscoring midfielder

Jimmy Bullard - Fitter & younger version of Savage

Louis Saha - If he's fit, he is very good, think Man Utd would sell

We don't have to sign players from relegated clubs do we?

There may be one or two decent ones but I'm sure Hughes will have others lined up.....like Santa Cruz who we never thought would be on his way here.

Fode Mansare - Tricky skillfull winger, plays for Toulouse and is willing to run at the full backs, competition for MGP.

Hilton - Plays centre back for Lens and is a quality player who can organise the defense well.

Andreas D'Allesandro - Currently on loan at San Lorenzo following a fall out with Real Zaragoza's manager, would be a class signing at a knock down price.

Jefferson Farfan - Can play on the wing or upfront and has pace to burn also helped dump Spurs out of the Uefa cup.

Frazier Campbell - Might be worth a loan signing gamble, has pace to burn again and been awesome for Hull this year upfront.

Etiene Didot - As much to Tugay as you like with his passing, currently at Rennes.

Marek Sapara - Plays for Rosenborg and is quality with his passing and set pieces helped to beat Chelsea last year.

Mickael Chretein - Plays for AS Nancy and was a good player i thought last year but this year in the ligue 1 hes been awesome plays at rb and is quick with a great cross.

Albert Crusat - Quick as anything and can play left wing where he tears the oposing rb to pieces, also can play upfront but looks a little light weight there. Plays for Almeria.

Other optitions Bellamy at a knock down price, Djibril Cisse, Obafemi Martins,Aruna Dindane.Yuri Zhirkov and Andrey Arshavin.

Ourselves and West Ham have been linked with Farfan recently. He has pace, and I am sure we will try and add some pace to our team, likely to be up-front and on the wings.

Also, think we will go for Andrew Surman of Southampton.

for me players such as henchoz, berner, tugay, gallagher, enckleman, mokoena and rigters should all be sold..if decent offers came in for mcarthy or roberts aswell i think we should consider selling either or both..

as for players i would like to come in...

forssell-out of contract in the summer, and when he is fit he is a goalscorer-worth a risk imo..

huddlestone-for me the perfect tugay replacement-i do think a central midfielder who scores goals is needed, but with this guy and vogel i think it would allow dunn and reid to score goals..

djbril cisse-he can offer something we miss-genuine pace..

i also think a player who can play on both wings is needed-a player with pace-i dont know who but i feel we lack a pacey winger..

good shout for bullard. seen the last 2 fulham games on tv and thought he's exactly what we need! i have always liked nolan but he captains bolton, so not too sure if he'd actually come. but one of either would be very good for our midfield i think.

think taylor from bolton would be another good shout altough his transfer was over-inflated at 4 million!!

With cuevas apparantly signing a pre-contract with rovers and with McCarthy signing a new contract + santa cruz's good form i think it could signal the departure of roberts this summer!

Gera could be worth a shout but i see west brom going up this season, think hughesy will suprise us like other seasons and get the best out of the money he's given.

think taylor from bolton would be another good shout altough his transfer was over-inflated at 4 million!!

With cuevas apparantly signing a pre-contract with rovers and with McCarthy signing a new contract + santa cruz's good form i think it could signal the departure of roberts this summer!

Gera could be worth a shout but i see west brom going up this season, think hughesy will suprise us like other seasons and get the best out of the money he's given.

If you read the LEN's football news regarding our relegation challenged southern neighbours, you'll see that the majority of the Trotter's fans have little commendable to say regarding neither Taylor nor Nolan.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/w..._the_troops.php

A couple of typical comments Re Nolan:

"...Mr. Blobby might be back for us on Saturday- Wow, he really has made such a difference when he plays. His 70 yard dash at the ref was the quickest he's moved since the last delivery of Mars Easter eggs..."

Apropos with his allegiance to the Wanderer's almost lost cause

"...He is far more important to the Bolton economy. Hampsons, Carrs, Greggs and KFC would soon go out of business..."

Re Taylor, this is typical assortment:

"...I don't agree that we are good enough at the moment to carry Taylor just for his free kicks and corners he shouldn't be in the team after his last two performances..."

The best that's been said of him is this:

"...Taylor is yet to make any real difference to the team although works hard..."

They're where they are for a reason, I suppose.

Quite funny the Bolton fans though I must say :)

Archived