BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

More "Rovers and Everton interested in Joe Ledley" stories this morning- it will add some Rovers interest to the Cardiff v Barsley semi-final.

One piece of irrelevance- Bolton are supposedly willing to pay Rovers' asking price for Jason Roberts... if they stay up... which they won't.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at France last night and their squad in general they have some very good players. Liverpool want to look to Ribery to help improve their squad. He looked class and he also looked very good against Bolton earlier this season.

Looking at France last night and their squad in general they have some very good players. Liverpool want to look to Ribery to help improve their squad. He looked class and he also looked very good against Bolton earlier this season.

Bayern paid over 25 million euros just a season ago for ribery, he has also been there best player this season. I very much doubt Liverppol could afford and whether he would leave Bayern in anycase.

France - I forgot about France, Clerc, Abidal, Clichy, Reveillere, plenty of classy depth.

As well was Evra, Julian Escude's a decent LB, isn't he? England's options look embarrassing in comparison. Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Nicky Shorey, Joleyn Lescott...Stevie Warnock.

Italy - Zambrotta, Grosso, Maldini is retired, I struggle to name any others. I don't rate Panucci or Oddo very highly.

Spain - Ramos, but I don't see any depth at wingback

France - I forgot about France, Clerc, Abidal, Clichy, Reveillere, plenty of classy depth.

Add France to Argentina and Brazil.

Italy -Giorgio Chiellini, Christian Zaccardo

Spain- Salgado, Antonio Lopez, Puyol

More "Rovers and Everton interested in Joe Ledley" stories this morning- it will add some Rovers interest to the Cardiff v Barsley semi-final.

I watched 55 min highlights of Cardiff's win against Bristol City this afternoon and he played well, he was the one that stood out for Cardiff.

Hang on, Steinson is one of the main reasons Notlob are nose-diving out of the Prem. He is no where near good enough for this level.

I suspect Hughes sees the same prospect for coaching Huddlestone to greatness that he saw when he picked Bentley up from a thoroughly undistinguished loan spell at Norwich.

From what I see of Huddlestone, he is a bit of a not very alert lump with a poor footballing brain but can put a football on a penny 40 yards away. I hope the alertness and awareness can be trained as few have the prodigious natural abilities he has.

Quigley had! And a superb football brain to go with it. Plus he was good for around 15 to 20 goals a season. Not bad for an Inside Left or in modern parlance an attacking MF.

Got to say Steinson looks beyond dismal from what I've seen of him...

Don't really want Bolton to go down. We could do with local derbies, which is why I'd like Burnley to come up (and us to thrash them..._

Yeh.yeh,yeh,yeh! Used to be the highlight of my season when we went to the Turf and gave them a spanking! Bring it on! I hope Nicko collects from his bookie. :)

I am basing this solely on the one performance I've seen the lad but what about the young Johnson who played for the U-21's against the poles. Really the only bright spot and given he is behind Downing in the pecking order would he be worth a look and would he be available? The lad caused problems all night looks to have a good bit of pace and some talent to go along with it, bit of an old fashioned looking winger to me.

I am basing this solely on the one performance I've seen the lad but what about the young Johnson who played for the U-21's against the poles. Really the only bright spot and given he is behind Downing in the pecking order would he be worth a look and would he be available? The lad caused problems all night looks to have a good bit of pace and some talent to go along with it, bit of an old fashioned looking winger to me.

Adam Johnson is a fantastic player - but I think they've got big hopes for him at Boro - and we'd have no chance of getting him.

They're probably more likely to let Downing leave if they got a decent offer.

Southgate prefers Downing for his track-record and experience. However, Johnson has arguably more potential.

If Rovers are prepared to splash big on one player, Johnson would be a very good choice. For a winger, he was remarkably prolific in his loan spell at Watford.

(However, I'm pretty sure Hughes has his sights on Djibril Cisse).

Djibril Cisse has always looked the part, fast, strong, powerful and scored a bag full of goals for Auxurre. But he has never reproduced his form from those days and rarely finds the net for Marseille. Nothing makes me believe that he could do it for us.

For those commenting on Johnson, the wee lad from Boro. He has NOT agreed to sign a contract and is considering his next move as he sees no way through into the first team with Dowing signing his new year deal.

I'd love to see us go for Johnson for the left. I hope Hughes makes a move. We could really do with some flair in the side...

If Bentley leaves, we'd need a right winger. I suggest we could perhaps go for a part exchange for Lennon, or maybe attempting to buy a younger player from the lower divisions. Another alternative would be to try and buy another frustrated youngster from Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd. Do they have any right wingers in a similar position as Bentley was?

Other buys I'd like would be Huddlestone, Sidwell and perhaps this Johnson from Boro.

Archived