BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The away kit is very dark blue with 1 inch wide white and lighter blue stripes straight down the middle of it on the front. It looks fantastic. The black and red halves (or a variation on it) will be the third kit.

The home kit also looks fabulous. Really nice detail on what is almost a diagonal pinstripe effect running through the shirt. Umbro have done an extremely good job.

We just need to get rid of Sportsworld from the club shop now...

Dependent on how the crown paints logo looks I may be picking up all three shirts this year (6 if the mrs wants them. 9 if I get the lad 1 of each too)

Dependent on how the crown paints logo looks I may be picking up all three shirts this year (6 if the mrs wants them. 9 if I get the lad 1 of each too)

The logo looks a damn sight better on the way shirt as it is just the word and logo printed in white on the dark shirt. The home shirt has a black "square" behind the logo so it is visible against the white half of the shirt.

Both look a million times batter than this years sponsor.

Speaking of this years sponsor - it was my brothers 21st recently - and my mum asked for two cakes to be made, a big 2 and a big 1. She also asked if they could make them Rovers related.

The people who made the cake put a massive Bet24 logo on the number 1 - so rather than looking like a 21st cake, it looked like a 24th.

For this reason alone - I feel that changing sponsor is a good idea!

We should go with a red and blue half jersey as our away kit.something similar to barcelonas home kit.or even a black and white half jersey with black and white half shorts,and one white sock and one black sock.:-D

We should go with a red and blue half jersey as our away kit.something similar to barcelonas home kit.or even a black and white half jersey with black and white half shorts,and one white sock and one black sock.:-D

Well what happens when you play a team that plays in blue?

or even to take you second suggestion what happens when you play newcastle?

You would need a third kit, which you would end up wearing more than the away kit.

It sounds like we are having a third kit anyways this year... I don't like the idea of different colored socks or halved shorts. Though I will be happy with any away kit that continues our traditions, Blue and yellow, Red and Black, also the idea of the navy blue with the rovers colored stripe down the middle.

On a side note does anyone else really love how our side looks in the Blue shorts and blue socks? Can't explain why but we look really good on the rare occasions we wear that combo.

Back in the '70s, I think I saw the best two combinations of kits ever in opposition to each other at Hull.

Hull City's strip was a black and gold-coloured yellow in broad stripes shirt (West Brom-style), white shorts and gold-yellow socks.

Rovers in the traditional blue and white halves which in those days had a simple red collar, navy shorts and blue socks with white detail. The shading difference between the shirt and shorts was extremely effective.

This was pre-shirt advertising. The Rovers' shirt badge was the simple stitched on tudor rose (as opposed to the club badge) and Hull's badge a snarling Tiger's head on the black background.

Back in the '70s, I think I saw the best two combinations of kits ever in opposition to each other at Hull.

Hull City's strip was a black and gold-coloured yellow in broad stripes shirt (West Brom-style), white shorts and gold-yellow socks.

Rovers in the traditional blue and white halves which in those days had a simple red collar, navy shorts and blue socks with white detail. The shading difference between the shirt and shorts was extremely effective.

This was pre-shirt advertising. The Rovers' shirt badge was the simple stitched on tudor rose (as opposed to the club badge) and Hull's badge a snarling Tiger's head on the black background.

Don't say that in Hull, you'll soon be corrected with AMBER! lol... even when it's a light shade and looks gold, it's "amber".

Had Steve McLaren started playing for Hull then? ...would you have thought it back then, eh? lol.

(He was sat in the directors box recently, next to Sam Allerdyce, Favio Briatore & MP Alan Johnson (cabinet minister) what a starnge combination!).

I would say expect something along the lines of the following:

safc_1207313692_066-NK.jpg

striprd2.jpg

I'm gonna stick my neck on the line and say that,

The home will be blue and white halves,

The away I have a strong feeling will be navy blue featuring blue and white piping,

Rovers also confirmed they would keep the current away as a 3rd strip (thus reading between the lines also confirmes the away will not be red or black)

A few of us stopped over in Hull for that game. Imagine my surprise, when climbing up to the top floor of a local double decker en route to the ground, sat there was philipl. Do you remember?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do CLB. That was a major (and pleasant) surprise for me too!

My memory might be ok for events in the '70s but more up-to-date might be more suspect.

Anyway, I thought we were promised the new kits would be worn at the last home game of the season?

also the idea of the navy blue with the rovers colored stripe down the middle.

On a side note does anyone else really love how our side looks in the Blue shorts and blue socks? Can't explain why but we look really good on the rare occasions we wear that combo.

The Navy with rovers strip down the middle brings to mind ony 2 words, KICK ASS!

Where the heck can i find me some of them niffty blue sicks and shorts? Couldnt find them at the shop on my last visit to EWood and cant for the life of me find them online... :blink:

The Navy with rovers strip down the middle brings to mind ony 2 words, KICK ASS!

Where the heck can i find me some of them niffty blue sicks and shorts? Couldnt find them at the shop on my last visit to EWood and cant for the life of me find them online... :blink:

Don't think you can actually buy them!

It sounds like we are having a third kit anyways this year... I don't like the idea of different colored socks or halved shorts. Though I will be happy with any away kit that continues our traditions, Blue and yellow, Red and Black, also the idea of the navy blue with the rovers colored stripe down the middle.

I am one partial to the Blue shorts and socks too, somehow just sets the kit off better to me.

In answer to LATD's post - NO

lol,ive seen that type of response before....but ive learnt my lesson to say the least.Never threaten Lee,it can get you banned for life,just ask me. :rolleyes:

Archived