BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

Well generally, at least for me, comments relating to improving the kit will always be based on the one from the year before, so until we know what we're playing with it is difficult to tell where things could be improved. There are of course a basic set of requirements, but I'm sure most of those will be respected. The only major change I wanted to see was to have the Black and Red kit made into our standard away kit colours, but that has already been ruled out.

dude, so based on what you said...you just look at this season's home and away kit and make your reccomendations as to the changes that you would like to see happen....it aint that difficult.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O2G - As iv said before and as many board members have backed up.

Our away kit should always be a halved kit - regardless of the colours if we cant keep the same, it should be halved. Its unique and our home kit is easily noticable so lets have both our kits in that style.

Also the keeper should wear bright colours to try and put strikers off. :rolleyes:

Thanks. We have already fed back to the club the fans' desire to have halved shirts if possible. We are probably looking now for other design details, notably colours for the away strip. But if there's anything out there on ours or other clubs' shirts you would like to see (or not see) then now is the time to say so.

Eddie - I still don't see why you have to wait to see the new shirts before you can comment on what we should have for the season after. It's not a case of continuous improvement where you look to minor changes year on year, particularly with the away strip.

OK, here's one that I feel strongly about (although I'm probably in a minority of one!)

The club badge should be on the left over the heart. Not in the middle.

Didn't we get relegated the last time it was in the middle?

OK, here's one that I feel strongly about (although I'm probably in a minority of one!)

I quite like shirts with the badge in the middle.

For most of the year when it's too cold to wear the shirt on it's own, both the badge and the halves are then visible if you're wearing a fleece over it etc.

I agree, the badge should always be on the left.

or an epileptic fit

my dad has epilepsy... so i hate it when people use that to describe anything or make a comment about anything,besides what epilepsy is all about. :(

Was reading an article about a hockey goalie. He had yellow pads and was told that yellow is one of the easiest colors for the human eye to pick out. Switched to white pads and he's been better ever since!

No more yellow keeper shirts!

Was reading an article about a hockey goalie. He had yellow pads and was told that yellow is one of the easiest colors for the human eye to pick out. Switched to white pads and he's been better ever since!

No more yellow keeper shirts!

If that makes the strikers aim at Brad then I'm all for yellow shirts ;)

If that makes the strikers aim at Brad then I'm all for yellow shirts ;)

I think it means that people see yellow better, therefore they are able to miss you, Jason Roberts excluded, so it is better to go for a colour that is not so easy to pick out. We could get everyone behind the BBE goal to wear the same colour as brad and then they would think he had the whole goal covered. :rover:

I think it means that people see yellow better, therefore they are able to miss you, Jason Roberts excluded, so it is better to go for a colour that is not so easy to pick out. We could get everyone behind the BBE goal to wear the same colour as brad and then they would think he had the whole goal covered. :rover:

With the exception of Sunday they'd be right :)

Any date for when we actually get to see the shirts?

Would be nice to see them soon, even if they're not out until July.

They will NOT be released until the launch in July, according to the club at the last Fans' Forum. It's part of the marketing strategy.

We all saw a mock-up of the season's shirt with the Crown sponsor on it but that was produced for the announcement of the new sponsor and wasn't the finished article I am led to believe.

Did anyone catch the Darlington game?

There shirts in red if you looked closely had loads of names on them. According to the commentators they had run a scheme for the fans to pay a tenner to have their name within the kit. Thought it was a lovely idea and looked really quite effective. Thought it was quite an ingenious money making scheme

Archived