• Betnley
    • Reid
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbs
    • McCarthy

, I think Benni will start as he causes them problems in previous encounters. I think he had about 3 goals chalked off there last season and scored 1.

Dropping either Roberts or Santa Cruz would be a bad decision - they both played really well on Saturday and got the 3 goals between them, McCarthy doesn't look like scoring apart from the penalty spot. Hence why he hasn't scored from open play since October.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I agree the both did some good work against Wigan but the fact that they are both traveling thousands of miles round the world is a concern.

Cruz is in South Africa and Roberts is playing in the Virgin Islands somewhere i think, whilst Benni and Matty are at home.

Well I have to say that im going to go with 3-1 Rovers win and i do have say that the away fans have to be in full voice. I was lucky enough to go to a reading v fulham game and do have say that they are a very loud home crowd. I have to agree that if we come out swinging we will take this game! UP ROVERS!!!

Anyone know any news on Santa Cruz and whether his injury is serious or not?

Bloody Mokoena! :|

1. It had better not be, or

2. I hope Mokoena is nowhere near me on Saturday or I shall not be answerable for my actions :angry:

Im getting more and more worried about the three in africa, how they can play after an 14hour flight? with no rest and lack of sleep is beyond my means

However isuppose it wouldnt be if i had £40k to come home too.

still worried about them and readings lack of internationals that have probably had their feet up all night watching bents, benni and co

Roque is out for the rest of the season!

is what i expected to see when I woke up this morning.......no news is good news!

According to an article in ABC Color a Paraguayan newspaper the team medical people indicate taht the ankle injury is not serious and the gaffer Martino saya that Blackburn fans need not worry about Roques ankle. Roque apparently flew back last night and should be back this afternoon. Cross your fingers.

According to an article in ABC Color a Paraguayan newspaper the team medical people indicate taht the ankle injury is not serious and the gaffer Martino saya that Blackburn fans need not worry about Roques ankle. Roque apparently flew back last night and should be back this afternoon. Cross your fingers.

Had a look on the official website for the Paraguayan national football team and using my gsce spanish, basically understood a similar story to what you've just said Sanlorenzo-which is great news.

According to the official site, we've sold 1,500 tickets for this game already-that not too bad an effort. Tickets now on sale on the day of the game at Reading! Think we can get 3 points from this 1, Im going for a hard earned 2-1 victory :rover:

A cult hero amongst the Reading fans is Robin Friday, winner of the clubs "Player of the Millennium" award. Friday was a very skillful center-forward who scored 55 goals in 135 appearances. He became legendary for his excesses both on and off the pitch, once on rounding a goalie, he stopped , turned flicked the v's at the keeper, before rolling the ball into the unguarded net.

Another time he reputably was so annoyed at playing against Mark Lawrenson, he was sent off for kicking him in the face, but got his revenge by going to the oppositions dressing room and defecating in Lawro's bag!

Thanks for that! Quality read! I'd never heard of this guy, but the more I read about him, the more I like him!

When he signed for Cardiff the manager asked why they wanted such a small fee for him - and his response was - "You'll See!"

Archived