BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

Oh come on Jim, don't be shy! I thought you'd have had that information at your fingertips! :lol:

I forgot that cricket is very important when comparing the merits of two countries.

At least Jim seems to be good at being a WUM. It works often enough.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least Jim seems to be good at being a WUM. It works often enough.

He is and it does. :D

Thing is, when he gets a bit back, his usual tactic is to go very quiet.

For some reason he thinks I'm going to emigrate to Australia which couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyway matter closed!

Thing is, when he gets a bit back, his usual tactic is to go very quiet.

and make an immediate complaint to admin / mods. <_<

As a wind up merchant he makes most others (including me but only very occasionally ;) ) look distinctly third rate.

Rubbish.

One of the joys of travelling abroad is returning home to the best country in the world.

You would fit in well in Australia with all the other whingers.

Surpising comment considering the nationality of the majority of posters complaining in this thread Jimski's

And just for the record (yet again), being anti-capital punishment does not automatically qualify someone for the "let's give them a stern talking to and take them on safari" camp.

That's true .

It's also true that those advocating pro- capital punishment are not all part of a baying mob . It should be reserved for the most serious of crimes .

That's true .

It's also true that those advocating pro- capital punishment are not all part of a baying mob . It should be reserved for the most serious of crimes .

Good post Phil..... you are certainly on a roll tonight! :tu:

I like how nobody has picked up that fact Eddie. I have also read that before myself.

That single handedly wipes out one of the pro camps main reasons for re-introduction.

What do we do when an innocent man is killed? -- Cover it up like they used to in the "good old days"!

Don't confuse America with good ol' blighty. They have god knows how many levels of appeal, and we don't.

As for hanging an innocent man, I'm afraid I'd be happy to take the risk. But then the whole sactity of human life argument passes me by as well so I may not be a fair yard stick.

As for hanging an innocent man, I'm afraid I'd be happy to take the risk. But then the whole sactity of human life argument passes me by as well so I may not be a fair yard stick.

So why do murderers matter at all to you? Why push the debate for hanging?

Don't confuse America with good ol' blighty. They have god knows how many levels of appeal, and we don't.

You are by me , Chesh .

Some people are just not worthy of the "sanctity" - they have forfeited it by their actions .

It is strange to me that many of those who use the "moral" argument against capital punishment would never describe themselves as Christians , yet their beliefs are a direct legacy of the New Testament .

I'll persevere with the Old .....

This really shocked me.

Four years for this, FOUR, F-O-U-R.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7326439.stm

And that's just the actual sentence, out in under 2 and a half?

Hardly a deterrent to others is it ? Neither is an unusual sentence - I've seen plenty similar .

The four years should have been the absolute minimum for simply carrying the knife .....

Bryan - In the majority of cases the death penalty would deter even morons. We need a proper deterrent.

Why give morons the easy way out? The moron commiting the crime would only kill again and again until they were caught - knowing they themselves can only die once - but they can take many lives first.

But a complete life term is the best deterent. Even prisoners hate the crime mentioned in these threads - therefore these morons as you call them would be perscuted day in day out by other prisoners - no where to hide - no where to run - for the rest of their lives.

The two mentioned are still only young so have a lot of suffering to come - which of course they deserve.

Would you not prefer it for these two to suffer for the rest of their lives - or for their life to be ended quick at the end of a rope.

Would you not prefer it for these two to suffer for the rest of their lives - or for their life to be ended quick at the end of a rope.

The latter .

The former is simply what the opponents of CP accuse its supporters of - blood lust and revenge . You can't have it both ways .....

I was just pointing out that some people (see pafel's post) argue that CP is inhumane ....and yet put forward the view that the culprit should spend the rest of his days "suffering" with the paedo haters in prison .

Which is more inhumane - a quick execution or a lifetime's torture ?

Oh ...and execution is not state sanctioned "murder" . Murder implies an act of criminality and I'm sure none of us would deny even the likes of Huntley a fair trial .

Fair do's, not something I've said (Capital Punishment is inhumane), I can see the inconsistency there.

But I don't think anyone (even the Government) has the right to take someone's life, so in my view it is murder. I acknowledge that's subjective though.

Going off track for a minute and to give our Aussie friends a laugh can you tell me how many times England have played Australia in test matches over say the last 50 years and give the number of wins, losses and draws? :lol:

Just spotted this tripe. Presumably you also think Rovers losing is funny too ? :angry2:

Sorry dear boy but you just failed Norman Tebbit's cricket test :blink:

Flight to Sydney departing Ringway Monday am. :lol:

Prepared to take the risk yourself are you Chesh?

Imagine yourself standing on the trap door completely innocent of the crime you have been convicted of. It has happened to several people in the past. It could be you.

Once went to see a man speak who had been on death row, but was released because he was later found innocent.

One thing that always stuck with me was when he said he would rather have been executed for a crime he didn't commit than to have to live another day on death row. To him, the worst torture was not knowing what day would be his last.

(This is the movie they made that ended up exonerating him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Blue...8documentary%29 )

Which is more inhumane - a quick execution or a lifetime's torture ?

Possibly a little hypothetical old bean.

The death sentence has gone. Prisoners now enjoy the luxury of HD TV, carpets, comfy beds, three square meals a day, hot & cold running water, snooker tables, and wall to wall Dolby-enhanced daily viewings of "Summer Holiday" starring Cliff.

Oh, see what you mean about "torture." Sorry.

That might be the case now, but if we were to bring back the death penalty you would have to expect that every single case would have at least two appeals. First of all you'd have an appeal to the HOL and it would then be taken to a European Court. So I think in order to get this one through and actually have someone put to death we'd probably have to drop out of the EU as well. If all of this happened, none of you would have anything left to complain about.

That might be the case now, but if we were to bring back the death penalty you would have to expect that every single case would have at least two appeals. First of all you'd have an appeal to the HOL and it would then be taken to a European Court. So I think in order to get this one through and actually have someone put to death we'd probably have to drop out of the EU as well. If all of this happened, none of you would have anything left to complain about.

Nah I'm sure that we could think of something eddie ;) .

Hey but thats an idea if we were forced to drop out of the eu. We could become the worlds execution centre. We could charge all those countries with daft moral codes a fortune to sent all their miscreants here for 'permanant correction'. Temporary institutions could be privately owned and licensed. Now there's an opportunity for a profitable business that I bet nobody else has thought of. Would tie in extremely well with an existing pet food manufacturing business...... eh Mark? :tu:

Archived