BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

But you have simply quoted a number with no detail as to how they were convicted in the first place let alone why those convictions were later quoshed. I'm not even sure which country you are talking about their being released in!

I'm talking USA stats. I have neither the time nor inclination to delve into all the individual situations but I believe I am just as entitled to assume that they were all model citizens as you are to assume that they were all pond life.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. In any event killing anyone who is not guilty of the crime he was convicted for is wrong. (In fact I believe that all forms of legalised are wrong.)

Incidentally I do not use the term 'killing' to maximise the effect. It is simply because there are other forms of execution than hanging in the USA.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Posting guidelines:

21. Final Word

The administrators" or moderators" decision is final. On occassions moderators will make decisions that they feel are for the overall good of the site.

22. Complaints

If you disagree with any decision taken by the moderators, you should contact us via email to admin@brfcs.com Any public disagreement will not be tolerated.

:rover: i emailed a week ago and no reply,well good to see 4 off the scum arrested at the weekend :brfcsmilie:

• Backroom
Waggy, do you mean the four asian youths who abducted a fifteen year old white girl ?

Do we know she was white? the report in the Lancashire Telegraph certainly didn't mention what colour she was

I think we all know that whatever colour this girl was (and she may well not have been white) she most certainly was NOT a member of the Islamic community .

In the town of Blackburn - as the locals know all too well - such crimes are commonplace .

There was a thread about a BBC programme that highlighted the torment suffered by local girls at the hands of certain members of a community in our town .

The moderators closed it .

God willing , capital punishment will one day help restore law and order to places like Blackburn .

Yes , Matt , it is for the greater good . Society , and the principles of law and order , can't be undermined by those with little or no moral fibre . Innocent people get killed all the time ; with sufficient safe guards those executed wrongly after due legal process would be negligible . it may not ever happen at all ....

Talking of innocent people HERE is the story of the victim of yet another barbaric murder .

Save your sympathy for the right people , Matt ........and ask yourself if those guilty of this murder would be sniggering in the dock if they knew the hangman was waiting outside for them .

Ask yourself also if any other scrotes out there might think twice about killing innocent people if the same treatment was perhaps reserved for them .

People were still committing murders with impunity in the dark ages.

Save your sympathy for the right people , Matt

Like the wrongly executed for instance.

The inference that anyone who has concerns about the obvious failings of capital punishment is somehow full of contempt for the victims of crime and equally compassionate to those who clearly deserve everything coming is ridiculous. I have no more sympathy for perpetrators of heinous crimes than you do. Unfortunately there is no magic bullet to off the properly deserving person each time.

Those supporting the death penalty, especially Cheshire Blue, show a complete disregard for human life and justice. In their blood lust for revenge they ignore the scores of innocent people who have spent decades in prison for crimes they did not commit.

The general points raised on all sides are difficult ones: for example I agree with Blue Phil that institutions: the churches, trades unions, large worksplaces, families, etc have dwindled in the ability to regulate young people's behaviour. But weren't Victorian times as violent as now? And then the Asian communities come under fire, but don't they have the features that are missing from white communities? Respect for elders, adherence to rules, loyality to family.

And is it not the case that high levels of crime are features of the most unequal countries, and those such as the Scandanavian states - experience the lowest levels of crime and social dislocation? Just a thought.

A short footnote about the cops: I meet quite a lot of coppers through work, and most of them seem like decent types. Living in Manchester they spend a bit of time in my house following the latest mugging, or whatever. Again decent types. However the cops spent 12 months, and no doubt hundreds of thousands of pounds trying to et me and 30 others convicted of various public disorder charges, following a demonstration in the late 80s. The police officers made up stories, lied in court and put me - and others- through hell. We were all innocent, and none of us were found guilty. So things do go wrong.

Like the wrongly executed for instance.

A terrible consequence of the restoration of the death penalty of course. BUT I rem reading a statisic years ago that at that time 75 people had been murdered by people who had been convicted of murder, served their 'life imprisonment' and then been released. I hardly think given the benefits of DNA / security cameras etc that anything like number would have been executed by mistake.

Much is made of the infamous 'Let him have it Chris' case of Bentley and Craig but only speculation can be used to determine how many lives would be saved (if the death penalty had been in place) where criminals would simply not have teamed up with accomplancies who were known 'nutters' and carrying a gun?

Those supporting the death penalty, especially Cheshire Blue, show a complete disregard for human life and justice. In their blood lust for revenge they ignore the scores of innocent people who have spent decades in prison for crimes they did not commit.

That's a massive overstatement to suggest that anyone who supports the death penalty automatically have a "complete disregard for human life and justice" and a "blood lust for revenge" .

Why is it that people who call themselves liberal are so arrogant and dismissive of others' beliefs and principles ?

As for your ridiculous comments about the Asian communities "respect for elders , adherence to rules , loyalty to family " ......I can only think that you read this kind of rubbish in a multi- cultural handbook at school .

Honour killings , drug pushing , widespread paedophilia , rampant Islamic fascism and extremism , insularity and contempt for anyone not of the faith .

Come and live in Blackburn for a while , Paul , and experience the truth .

Your comments about the police , though , do hold water . About the only argument against capital punishment in these lawless times is that of the bent copper fabricating evidence . This could be minimised with very harsh penalties for corruption .

Your comments about the police , though , do hold water . About the only argument against capital punishment in these lawless times is that of the bent copper fabricating evidence . This could be minimised with very harsh penalties for corruption .

Hang them as well, do you reckon phil?

That's a massive overstatement to suggest that anyone who supports the death penalty automatically have a "complete disregard for human life and justice" and a "blood lust for revenge" .

Why is it that people who call themselves liberal are so arrogant and dismissive of others' beliefs and principles ?

As for your ridiculous comments about the Asian communities "respect for elders , adherence to rules , loyalty to family " ......I can only think that you read this kind of rubbish in a multi- cultural handbook at school .

Honour killings , drug pushing , widespread paedophilia , rampant Islamic fascism and extremism , insularity and contempt for anyone not of the faith .

You make some good points aside from your preaching about liberal arrogance and dismissiveness while at the same time applying those very principles to Paul's perfectly reasonable comments about the Asian community. Clearly you're far more knowledgeable about Blackburn's difficulties but to characterise the entire Islamic community as being wholly beset by 'Honour killings , drug pushing , widespread paedophilia , rampant Islamic fascism and extremism , insularity and contempt for anyone not of the faith' is surely inaccurate and straight from a monocultural handbook.

I didn't say that "anyone who supports the death penalty" I said "those' which I admit is ambiguous. I should have said "those posting on the MB".

I'm not sure I've described myself as liberal either.

Well Phil, I live in a far more diverse area than Blackburn, so i know the communities we're talking about. Your description of Asian communities could, in large part, be applied to some white working class neighbourhoods, but does that make all white people like that? Does the existence of a few fascist BNP boneheads, picking on blacks and Asians, and Jews, make all white working class people racists. Of course not. I'm not blind to the problems we face, but killling people won't make it better.

Goth-killing scumbags sentenced at Preston Crown Court.

_44606053_herbertharris226.jpg

Lowlife killers Brendan Harris and Ryan Herbert, pictured above, have today been given so-called "life"sentences for kicking and stamping a teenage girl to death.

In reality, the scumbags will be released from prison long before the end of their lives. The judge has given minimum sentences of 18 years for Harris and 16 years for Herbert. Harris therefore could be released when he's 33 and Herbert could be 32 when he's freed.

Three other lowlife scumbags, pictured below, who were found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm with intent on Sophie's boyfriend Robert Maltby, have been given sentences of just five years and ten months for two of them and four years and four months for the other one.

_44606097_jdhulmemallett226.jpg

I would have liked to have seen longer sentences given, but I agree with the words of the judge today when he said: "This was feral thuggery. It raises serious questions about the sort of society which exists in this country."

Judge Anthony Russell said: "This was a terrible case which has shocked and outraged all who have heard about it. At least wild animals, when they hunt in packs, have a legitimate reason for so doing, to obtain food. You have none and your behaviour on that night degrades humanity itself."

The mother of Sophie says she feels "nothing but contempt" for her daughter's killers, while Det Supt Mick Gradwell, of Lancashire Police, said: "There was a total lack of parental control. I am very critical of some of the parents involved. They haven't taken seriously how repulsive this incident was."

When Harris was initially interviewed about the attack, he was "laughing and joking" with his mother, said Mr Gradwell.

God help this society of ours....

Link: The sentences passed

Just hours after this man was released from prison, he killed a bus passenger.

1614461.jpg

The criminal justice system has been castigated for a "sloppy and nonchalant" approach which contributed to the stabbing to death of a man on a London bus by a criminal on bail.

Richard Whelan was stabbed seven times, including once through the heart, after he tried to stop Anthony Joseph, pictured above, throwing chips at his girlfriend.

A report into the death of Richard Whelan has blamed a culture in which there is an "apparent acceptance" of the breaching of bail conditions.

The damning report by four criminal justice watchdogs says: "What we have found is a lackadaisical or nonchalant approach within the Criminal Justice System to many routine aspects of the handling of cases."

Joseph should have been detained because there was an arrest warrant out for him in connection with an alleged burglary. Just hours after being released from prison, schizophrenic Joseph stabbed Richard to death.

Link: Failings over chip death killer

Goth-killing scumbags sentenced at Preston Crown Court.

_44606053_herbertharris226.jpg

Lowlife killers Brendan Harris and Ryan Herbert, pictured above, have today been given so-called "life"sentences for kicking and stamping a teenage girl to death.

In reality, the scumbags will be released from prison long before the end of their lives. The judge has given minimum sentences of 18 years for Harris and 16 years for Herbert. Harris therefore could be released when he's 33 and Herbert could be 32 when he's freed.

Three other lowlife scumbags, pictured below, who were found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm with intent on Sophie's boyfriend Robert Maltby, have been given sentences of just five years and ten months for two of them and four years and four months for the other one.

_44606097_jdhulmemallett226.jpg

I would have liked to have seen longer sentences given, but I agree with the words of the judge today when he said: "This was feral thuggery. It raises serious questions about the sort of society which exists in this country."

Judge Anthony Russell said: "This was a terrible case which has shocked and outraged all who have heard about it. At least wild animals, when they hunt in packs, have a legitimate reason for so doing, to obtain food. You have none and your behaviour on that night degrades humanity itself."

The mother of Sophie says she feels "nothing but contempt" for her daughter's killers, while Det Supt Mick Gradwell, of Lancashire Police, said: "There was a total lack of parental control. I am very critical of some of the parents involved. They haven't taken seriously how repulsive this incident was."

When Harris was initially interviewed about the attack, he was "laughing and joking" with his mother, said Mr Gradwell.

God help this society of ours....

Link: The sentences passed

One swallow does not make a summer....

The truely stunning, senseless death of the poor poor girl should send a message out to the rest of the (human) UK public-the way we are bringing up our kids, the examples we set as parents and the standards we set are not good enough, and is potentially leading us down a path from which we may never be able to turn back . I only hope enough people are as sickened to the core by the actions of these killers to say enough is enough and make the changes that can take us back from the brink of social mayhem and the breakdown of what we regard as acceptable and un-acceptable behaviour.

Bringing back Capital Punishment won't do it-The way we bring up our young ones, the way w teach them what is right, and what is wrong will.

Joseph should have been detained because there was an arrest warrant out for him in connection with an alleged burglary. Just hours after being released from prison, schizophrenic Joseph stabbed Richard to death.

Ay, it's a hard one.

The bloke is mentally ill and has a history of low-level crime - burgulary, finincial deception...Murder was never on the menu.

Smithy - what do you think the answer might be to this? I'm sure that those of us who take an interest on this thread will appreciate your view.

You did post so you've expressed an interest in this.

Cheers

Colin

Ay, it's a hard one.

The bloke is mentally ill and has a history of low-level crime - burgulary, finincial deception...Murder was never on the menu.

Smithy - what do you think the answer might be to this? I'm sure that those of us who take an interest on this thread will appreciate your view.

You did post so you've expressed an interest in this.

Cheers

Colin

Dunno about aesf but I have. Care in the community does not appear work in so many reported cases. It's obvious that this bloke should not have been loose but should have been incarcerated in one of our secure institutions. Maybe the people that decided he is fit to be let loose in the general public should be held accountable. Management in industry is now held accountable in most cases by the H&S Exec for negligence re:industrial injuries so surely it's logical that the person that signed the release forms or whatever for this useless individual must also be deemed accountable.

btw.... You forgot to mention his history of sex crimes too Colin. <_<

Archived