• Reid
    • Vogel
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Emerton
    • McCarthy

Some Spurs comments i have encountered so far today about Blackburn:

"Can we expect a usual Blackburn performance!?! i.e. long balls and four or five of our players needing urgent medical attention by the end of the match..."

"Your support is shocking, one of the worst in the prem you should be ashamed to support blackburn"

"your team is from a village slum still lacking basic amenities like running water, indoor plumbing and sewerage..."

"Blackburn FAN. Please explain to me how you got knocked out of the UEFA CUP by a girls team this season...."

And my friends and family wonder i absolutely detest Spurs. I hope we give them a thumping, though as usual when i really want us to beat a side and give them a good thrashing we lose. :rolleyes:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality - Hope we batter them!!

Tottenham - your team is shocking!! What have you done with all that money you have spent??

Berbatov will be going - because you are not good or big enough! ha ha!

Did your team win the UEFA cup then?? Didnt think so!

Did you cry in Cardiff? Did your big club sell more tickets?

Go back to the soft south!!

:rover: lets face it samba one of hughes's love childs and he will be back,i reckon 6-6 score line :brfcsmilie:

He gets in the team because he was one of our best players for ages. he was brilliant. Its not like we had a stack of talent on the bench to replace him.

It will be interesting to see who Hughes selects out of Nelsen, Ooijer, Zurab and Samba.

As for the team... Reid was so poor last time out you could wonder whether Vogel might get a crack. And Pedersen was even worse! I would be tempted to line up:

--------Cruz----Roberts

Dunn--------------Reid-----Bentley

------------Vogel

Warnock--Ooijer--Nelsen©--Emerton

----------------Freidal

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Pedrsen, Derbyshire, McCarthy.

Its funny. When everyone is fit it looks like we have good squad depth. Samba, Tugay, Mokoena all don't even make the bench.

It will be interesting to see who Hughes selects out of Nelsen, Ooijer, Zurab and Samba.

My choice would be Nelsen and Zurab, who I think have worked well as a pair when they have played together in recent seasons.

With Ooijer at RB we should be more solid.

With Spurs in a real mess at the moment tomorrow's game is one we should win, even lafter allowing for the fact that Keane will score.

"Your support is shocking, one of the worst in the prem you should be ashamed to support blackburn"

Never understood this line, I mean if supporting Rovers is so unpopular, then surely a real supporter should be afforded some respect for sticking with their team, and showing loyalty, rather than following a big team and not even knowing who plays for them etc...

My choice would be Nelsen and Zurab, who I think have worked well as a pair when they have played together in recent seasons.

With Ooijer at RB we should be more solid.

With Spurs in a real mess at the moment tomorrow's game is one we should win, even lafter allowing for the fact that Keane will score.

My choice would be an Ooijer Nelsen pairing if Emerton is fit, if Emerton is unfit, i'd play Ooijer at right back and play Nelsen and Zurab in the centre.

I think Ooijer would do a job at right back, Spurs pace lies on its right hand side with Lennon, Malbranque likely to play left wing isn't pacey.

Never understood this line, I mean if supporting Rovers is so unpopular, then surely a real supporter should be afforded some respect for sticking with their team, and showing loyalty, rather than following a big team and not even knowing who plays for them etc...

I agree with what you say.

They are thick, they don't even understand demographics. Population of London over 7 million vs a small town like Blackburn with what a population of 105,000? No matter what you say in order to explain our attendance issue and the many factors that cause it, they still come out with the line of you don't fill your stadium out therefore you are rubbish.

Arsenal fans seem to come out with a similar point of view, something in the water in north london perhaps?

Arsenal fans seem to come out with a similar point of view, something in the water in north london perhaps?

Indeed ... and they don't like us norverners arguing the point back either ... losers.

Back to Spurs though ... if the Geordies of all teams can put 4 past them away we should be able to also if not better.

We may have our own defensive problems but it is certainly not worse than Newcastle or Spurs for that matter so we need to put pressure on them in that area

We certainly have enough in our defence to be able to cope with their attack even with our problems.

We must win

I can only hope you duly replied to the king Edward:

We are one of the best supported Town clubs in the country AND the most successful Town club in the UK?

I think we'll win this one 3-2. Roque with 2 for us, Keane with 2 for them and Derbyshire to score a late winner.

I'd start with Nelsen & Ooijer in central defense should Emerton be fit.

"Can we expect a usual Blackburn performance!?! i.e. long balls and four or five of our players needing urgent medical attention by the end of the match..."

"your team is from a village slum still lacking basic amenities like running water, indoor plumbing and sewerage..."

"Blackburn FAN. Please explain to me how you got knocked out of the UEFA CUP by a girls team this season...."

The first is incorrect and based on the ignorance of the southern poofta's! :angry2: Unfortunately i cannot find many inaccuries with the other 3. :(

The first is incorrect and based on the ignorance of the southern poofta's! :angry2: Unfortunately i cannot find many inaccuries with the other 3. :(

so we should be ashamed?

100k town- 23k average crowd. Compare and contrast with any team you like.

And my friends and family wonder i absolutely detest Spurs. I hope we give them a thumping, though as usual when i really want us to beat a side and give them a good thrashing we lose. :rolleyes:

Thats the sort of stuff to get the fans backs up, should put that out to as many fans as possible, so we can give them a good northern beating, whilst the Blackburn end chant to Paul Robinson 'you've got no bones in your fingers' as another Rovers goal hits the back of the net.

Can't wait now.

Would like to say a win as Spurs have nothing to play for but after the mauling that they got from the Toon they will want to win back some pride.

Also my 3 yr old daughter is going tomorrow and she hasn't got the best record, the games she's been to this season have either ended in a draw or defeat.

Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov on Blackburn:

"They are more like a physical team - I know that because I've watched them often. It's going to be difficult because we like to play technical football but you have games like that when you have to fight for the three points. They have a very good team with big strong defenders and they like to tackle."

Comments like this really wind me up... We've played some decent football at times this season, but anyone who has not seen us play regularly will read this tripe and the myth that we are nothing more than a team of scrappers will persist. Hope we give Spuds and Berbatov a proper lesson in football today.

I'm not in the mood for any nonsense today.

If Rovers or the ref aren't doing the business they are gonna get both barrels.

We have one of the better ref's today so don't expect any problems there.

So get stuck in....

Rovers 2 (Bentley, Dunn) Spurs 2 Keane (2)

Bookings

Rovers 2

Spurs 1

Sent off

Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov on Blackburn:

"They are more like a physical team - I know that because I've watched them often. It's going to be difficult because we like to play technical football but you have games like that when you have to fight for the three points. They have a very good team with big strong defenders and they like to tackle."

Comments like this really wind me up... We've played some decent football at times this season, but anyone who has not seen us play regularly will read this tripe and the myth that we are nothing more than a team of scrappers will persist. Hope we give Spuds and Berbatov a proper lesson in football today.

People are sheep, they believe what they are told in the media, we all at some point fall foul to it or are influenced by it. When wenger moans, the southern biased press listen and people can fall to it and believe it as gospel.

The far side cartoon of sheep by Gary Larson gives me a chuckle:

sheep.jpg

Good to see stereotyping is alive and well down south. Personally I am expecting to see footage of people covered in pearls, wearing cor blimey trousers and scoffing jellied eels on TV tonight. :wub:

Archived