• Bentley
    • Reid
    • Vogel
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Emerton
    • McCarthy

Samba and Vogel in. Zurab and Dunn (Injury) out. With Samba's recent form I'd have prefered to see either Emerton in with Ooijer in the centre, or keeping Zurab in there. I wonder what Zurab is thinking when Samba plays poorly, and then Zurab plays well when deputising for him, and then gets dropped again as soon as Samba is back.

ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Bentley, Reid, Vogel, Pedersen, Roberts, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, McCarthy, Mokoena, Derbyshire.

TOTTENHAM: Cerny, Chimbonda, Dawson, Woodgate, Hutton; Lennon, Zokora, Jenas, Malbranque, Keane ©, Berbatov. Subs: Fortune (GK), Tainio, Gilberto, Huddlestone, Bent.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Samba and Vogel in. Zurab and Dunn (Injury) out. With Samba's recent form I'd have prefered to see either Emerton in with Ooijer in the centre, or keeping Zurab in there. I wonder what Zurab is thinking when Samba plays poorly, and then Zurab plays well when deputising for him, and then gets dropped again as soon as Samba is back.

ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Bentley, Reid, Vogel, Pedersen, Roberts, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, McCarthy, Mokoena, Derbyshire.

TOTTENHAM: Cerny, Chimbonda, Dawson, Woodgate, Hutton; Lennon, Zokora, Jenas, Malbranque, Keane ©, Berbatov. Subs: Fortune (GK), Tainio, Gilberto, Huddlestone, Bent.

Samba in! :rolleyes:

Interesting that Vogel is starting. He hasn't played a competitive match for a long time and to play him from the start in a must win game against a decent side he must of impresed Hughes. I just hope it doesn't backfire.

With Samba's recent form I'd have prefered to see either Emerton in with Ooijer in the centre, or keeping Zurab in there. I wonder what Zurab is thinking when Samba plays poorly, and then Zurab plays well when deputising for him, and then gets dropped again as soon as Samba is back.

Agree, this is a very strange move by Hughes! We had a good chance of winning this game, but with Samba back in the starting XI...You better get yourself ready for another horror show by the blackburn defence!

I'm still a bit shocked that Vogel is starting :blink:

I'm both shocked and excited, to be honest. I've always been a big fan of Vogel's, so I'm ecstatic that he's getting his Rovers debut so soon, but this might also just be a testament to how Hughes rates Tugay and the Axe (i.e not at all)

I'm both shocked and excited, to be honest. I've always been a big fan of Vogel's, so I'm ecstatic that he's getting his Rovers debut so soon, but this might also just be a testament to how Hughes rates Tugay and the Axe (i.e not at all)

I guess i'm feeling the same. I'm not expecting anything major from him, as its his first game but its nice to see a DM with a pedigree in the side.

if the team which lost 4-1 to the worst team in the league stop us today....well....well what. We're Rovers. It's what we do.

and this is what I'm talking about. Santa Cruz gets the ball 1 on 1 vs the last defender, and he doesn't go for it. He runs out of the area, waits for support and the entire Spurs defense floods back in.

with Samba back in the starting XI...You better get yourself ready for another horror show by the blackburn defence!

Didn't take long before our defence played the brilliant "lets-get-them-offside" card....

Bentley getting frustrated, can't blame him..

Archived