BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The European Chase

ally

Seeing as FourLaneBlue has confused everyone I'll explain it once again...

Intertoto Cup:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3 <-- this is where English clubs start, we played FK Vetra last season, winners then go to UEFA Quali round 2

UEFA Cup:

Qualifying round 1 <-- this is where the Fair Play team enter

Qualifying round 2 <-- this is where the Intertoto round 3 winners join, we played MyPa last season

Round 1 <-- we played Larissa last season

Round 2 (Group Stage)

Round 3 Last 32

etc etc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee,ive never seen you having to explain something to somebody,this much since the time u explained to me to watch it or get banned.lol hope u doing well though.not here to cause trouble.ive learned my lesson

Yeah, but look at some of the muck above us; Boro, Lille, Osasuna :(

They all have a far better recent record in Europe than us. Boro reached the Uefa Cup final a few years ago, Osasuna a semi and I remember United kncoking out Lille in the Champìons League after they had come through the group stage. We have never had a really good campaign in Europe...winning our Uefa group was our best achievement and even then we failed to reach the last 16.

Larissa may beg to differ. We need to do something in Europe if we get in next season.

We should have played for a 0-0 on that ploughed field. Sparky has made a couple of errors this season and that was one of them. People jumped to hi defence and said they were a not bad side but subsequently they lost every game in qualifying.

We need to learn in Europe possession in everything. In the premiership goals are everything and 'gung ho' and 'getting it out wide' can be rewarded. Not in Europe. Pack the midfield, keep possession, get the away goal and keep it tight.

We should have played for a 0-0 on that ploughed field. Sparky has made a couple of errors this season and that was one of them. People jumped to hi defence and said they were a not bad side but subsequently they lost every game in qualifying.

We need to learn in Europe possession in everything. In the premiership goals are everything and 'gung ho' and 'getting it out wide' can be rewarded. Not in Europe. Pack the midfield, keep possession, get the away goal and keep it tight.

This is exactly it - problem with Rovers is we never look comfortable enough defensively to believe that we can go looking for a 0-0 and actually achieve it. If we get in to Europe this season I'd like to see us bring in a couple of players in the Summer with European experience to help us adapt when we go away. Atleast one holding midfielder to help with keeping possession - particularly if we let Tugay go.

Lee,ive never seen you having to explain something to somebody,this much since the time u explained to me to watch it or get banned.lol hope u doing well though.not here to cause trouble.ive learned my lesson

Iccers FTW!

Archived