BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tattoo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tattoos are a personal choice, being discriminated against because you have one is like racism imo.

They are a personal choice, but that's why "discriminating" against someone because of them isn't like racism. Having a tattoo says something about you, it's like any fashion style really. I don't turn up for work dressed in the same way as when I'm lying around my house, although I would love to, problem with a tattoo is you can't pick and choose when it is on your body.

I had to smile, as i heard a radio discussion on the matter of females with tattoos last night.

One listener rang in to say the popular 'just above the arse' female tattoo was commonly known as a 'slag-tag' where he comes from :P

Another listener responded to that, saying in his area they called it a 'tramp-stamp' :P

....& yet another listener, when questioned 'why?' he liked his wife`s 'above the arse tattoo' said "It`s just something to aim for like, when you pull out innit?"

:P

i am afraid that i have the opposite view of most folks on this thread. if i am employing somebody, wether it be girl or boy and that person has a visible tattoo...as long as he or she is well presented i.e. smartly dressed, well groomed and well mannered...then i am more than ok with that.

As do I. Common theme in this thread among those that are against tattoos is that they all equate visible tattoo with scruffy appearance. There just doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

I'm probably putting myself in the firing line here, but I think this thread is the perfect example of just how conservative the UK is compared to most of western Europe when it comes to certain issues.

And Alan, get the tattoo already! :P

I'm probably putting myself in the firing line here, but I think this thread is the perfect example of just how conservative the UK is compared to most of western Europe when it comes to certain issues.

And is why Europe is a far better, happier place to be than Britain IMO.

If I could afford to, I'd be there like a shot, and hopefully one day not too far away I will be.

And is why Europe is a far better, happier place to be than Britain IMO.

If I could afford to, I'd be there like a shot, and hopefully one day not too far away I will be.

shall we have a messageboard whip-round? Anyone? :huh:

There was one comment that tatoos are very fashionable amongst the young.

They are going to be so passee and so 2008 before long.

Somehow I doubt that .

Unfortunately they will continue to be in fashion as long as vulgarity exists in Britain .

.........and vulgarity is flourishing as never before - shows no sign of abating at all I'm afraid .

I agree .... as long as being on the bins / digging roads is your chosen career.

Theno you really do spout some utter garbage. A collegue of mine (Consultant Engineer, Beng Hons, MCIBSE) and he seems to have a rather well paid proffession.

• 2 years later...

I have one on the top of my right arm. I got it when I was eighteen and it has totally no relevance to my life today. I always said that if I got to 25 and didn't regret it, I would get another. I'm now 25, am I going to get another one? No. I don't fully regret it, even though the wife hates it. I just like that it is pretty much covered constantly, in fact I think I view it as a birthmark now.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderation Lead

Anyone got any BRFC tattoos? Was thinking of getting one (but not a tacky/done to death one). Saw a guy from school at Asda the other week with a Rovers badge on one leg and an England badge on the other....... :unsure:

Archived