BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

Oh...and Capt Kayos? Nicked hub caps? Get with the times, man!! This isn't the 80s!!!

Oh dearrie me.. struck a nerve have we? :D

It was only a jest in response to 1864's post as we do have a sense of humour.. as I honestly can't see us getting anything at your place.

Welcome to the (80's) board :P

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh...and Capt Kayos? Nicked hub caps? Get with the times, man!! This isn't the 80s!!!

Yeah Capt, come on. It's all about the alloys these days! Even the Scousers have standards.....

Well done, Liverpool, always glad to see the Arses spanked.... Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match as was at the Sleeping Beauty Ballet in Blackburn - a very good and enthusiastic attendance at King George's Hall.

I digress. Looking forward to this match, first visit to Anfield. With Villa having an easy match this weekend against Derby, and Manchester United on the horizon I am hoping for a draw. A win would be nice, but unlikely I feel. Still, you never know with Rovers and according to the LT Samba is on the case :tu:

Liverpool have conceaded the most of their goals from set pieces so Bentley and Peds need to be on form Sunday, no doubt Rafa will rotate his side after last nights game I'm gonna go for a draw although if we can get a few free kicks and corners we might just sneak a win.

Can i just say thanks to the Liverpool fans for asking those questions, theyve given some real good answers there.

Should be tuff but exciting and i still wish you never nabbed Bellamy but never mind, 1-0 to us and we will be worked hard for it.

If we are to have any hope of that intertoto spot I feel we need to beat either Liverpool or Man U. I just hope we go and have a go, not sit back and pass around the defense like we did at Arsenal despite being behind most of the game.

I honestly think a draw is the best we can hope for. I' d play 4-5-1 with RSC upfront on his own with Bentley playing just behind him.

With Liverpool's tactics of playing two defensive midfielders, the centre of the park is the last place I'd want to put our best player. It'll be so congested in there that he won't get a chance to do anything - just like Fabregas last night.

After watching the game last night, Liverpool showed Rovers the way to beat them.

Set pieces and plenty of crosses will be the undoing of Liverpool.

A few things in Rovers favour following lat night.

Liverpool are tired whereas Rovers are one of the fittest teams around.

The defence went walkabout in the latter stages step forward Mssrs Bentley and Emerton.

Liverpool are definately frightened of a big man up front.

Handle Gerrard and/or Torres and you stop Liverpool scoring.

The only thing that frightened me about Liverpool - BABEL and his pace through the middle. I do believe the fat spanish waiter will tinker his line up amd rest some of his "weary" stars.

Nathan Blake...God, I forgot he existed.

Blanking out the memory eh?

Don't blame you to be honest.

That was the game that you battered us for 90 minutes and Darren Peacock & Christian Dailly somehow managed to turn themselves into word-class defenders.

They soon reverted back to standard, 10 days later we were beaten 5-1 by Barnsley...............

Looking forward to this game - Dad is a season ticket holder at Anfield and this fixture promotes great rivalry! I really hope we get something out of it or the ribbing will start!

Will have to control myself at the game as I am sat with my Dad - well you can't complain at a free ticket!!!

i hope we do some stealing of our own and take the 3 points!

torres, gerrard etc could all be rested though they do have quality in depth to cover them.

we need to take it to liverpool, if we go to anfield and play for a draw i think we will be in for a torrid afternoon.

i'm going for 2-1 rovers, gamst with both for us and crouch for the hubcap/alloy wheel guys!

Not been to Anfield for a couple of years - can someone remind me what's a good pub for away fans?

I seem to remember going to the Arkles when in Liverpool, but can't remember if that was pre-Everton or pre-Liverpool, and I know it's only good for away fans for one of the two Merseyside games.

It's better for Everton because of how close it is to Anfield and it fills up so much. Saying that they still tolerate away fans in my experience. We have gone in the Sandon as well which is not far from their and that was a bit easier to get served and decent enough.

Not been to Anfield for a couple of years - can someone remind me what's a good pub for away fans?

I seem to remember going to the Arkles when in Liverpool, but can't remember if that was pre-Everton or pre-Liverpool, and I know it's only good for away fans for one of the two Merseyside games.

I have been in The Arkles before matches at Anfield, it's fine-last time there were kids in Rovers shirts, no problems. Gets packed though Tris, but is handy for the away end obviously, 5 mins walk.

:rover: can't believe how liverpoo manage to do so well in the champions league,penalty on tuesday night was ridiculous.DO THEY PAY THE REFS,im not expecting anything from this game,would love rovers to go to anfield and go for it,but that will not happen.season over as far as im concerned. :brfcsmilie:

I have been in The Arkles before matches at Anfield, it's fine-last time there were kids in Rovers shirts, no problems. Gets packed though Tris, but is handy for the away end obviously, 5 mins walk.

Last time I went Liverpool (Last season) we went in there, only to get started on by 2 mad & angry looking blokes!! No problems! :rolleyes:

Last year I went to the Liverpool v Rovers match and asked the message board where to meet before the match - everyone said the Arkles so me and the Mrs went and didn't find one Rovers fan in there :lol: Still they were a nice bunch and we had no problems at all. Think Wigan had gone one up against Man U in the lunch time game and they were more interested in that really (Sure it was Wigan and Man U anyway)

I tend to try and stay in the pub as long as I can before the Liverpool game because I think its a horrible place to get a drink from inside the ground. The last time I was there they were just pouring the pints out of cans and tripling the cost.

Archived