BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats just Lawro's stock prediction. Any time a big 4 team plays a non-big 4 team he goes for 2-0. Almost without fail.

On paper that looks a reasonable prediction - they are at home and on pretty good form. However I reckon we will push them closer than that.

I would go for:

----------------Cruz-----Roberts

Pedersen------------Reid------Bentley

-----------------Vogel

Warnock---Samba---Nelsen---Emerton

--------------------Freidel

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Dunn, McCarthy, Derbyshire

Very strong squad to be honest. 4 quality players on the bench ready to make an impact.

I would go for:

----------------Cruz-----Roberts

Pedersen------------Reid------Bentley

-----------------Vogel

Warnock---Samba---Nelsen---Emerton

--------------------Freidel

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Dunn, McCarthy, Derbyshire

Very strong squad to be honest. 4 quality players on the bench ready to make an impact.

I agree with that but it will be either Benni up front or santa on his own with Axe in the middle (not that I want the axe anywhere near the pitch you understand). I say this because I understand Roberts may be out

I agree with that but it will be either Benni up front or santa on his own with Axe in the middle (not that I want the axe anywhere near the pitch you understand). I say this because I understand Roberts may be out

not a big fan of Benni's but if there was ever a game that he needs to start this is it IMO .. he has done well in previous against them and just feel the Liverpool defence is one ne can breach as long as we have him up front he may justify what some reckon he is still capable of inc the new contract details.

Rovers a massive 5-1 to win and its 5-2 for the draw !!

Liverpool overwhelming favourites at 1-2, Lawro backing them big time, Little old Rovers no chance (apparently :unsure: )

Blimey, I first read that as you predicting a 5-1 win for Rovers!

Rotation Rafa's views on the upcoming game:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...080411-1407.htm

Blackburn seem to have a habit of frustrating Liverpool over the years – why do you think that is?

They are a tough team to play against because physically they are aggressive, they are well organised and it has been difficult against them in the past, but maybe this time it will be different.

Is it primarily a physical challenge when you play against Blackburn?

It's one of the main things but they also have some players with quality. We need to be aware of their physical approach and also of their quality on the pitch.

Mark Hughes doesn't have a lot of money yet they are always around the European places – what do you make of the job he's doing?

Yes, I think he's doing a good job. As we were saying before, they are a difficult side to play against and they're in a good position in the table.

David Bentley is a player Liverpool are often linked with – how highly do you rate him?

He is a good player. People have asked me about him and I say he is a player with quality but I have a lot of respect for the other team and so don't want to say too much.

Who are the other dangers?

As well as Bentley's crossing, Santa Cruz is on fire at the moment as well so clearly we need to be careful about certain situations.

====

Interesting reply to the Bentley question by Rotation Rafa... "I say he is a player with quality but I have a lot of respect for the other team and so don't want to say too much". A sign he might be interested in the summer?

Oh dearrie me.. struck a nerve have we? :D

It was only a jest in response to 1864's post as we do have a sense of humour.. as I honestly can't see us getting anything at your place.

Welcome to the (80's) board :P

Lol - nah, I forgot to add an emoticon!! Hub-caps is very Tim "I love me, who do you love" Lovejoy humour!!

And anyway, we're fresh out of hub-caps!! :)

Not been to Anfield for a couple of years - can someone remind me what's a good pub for away fans?

I seem to remember going to the Arkles when in Liverpool, but can't remember if that was pre-Everton or pre-Liverpool, and I know it's only good for away fans for one of the two Merseyside games.

Yeah, get yourself to the Arkles, mate - away fans are more than welcome there (unless you're blueshite or Man Utd, of course).

Rovers a massive 5-1 to win and its 5-2 for the draw !!

Liverpool overwhelming favourites at 1-2, Lawro backing them big time, Little old Rovers no chance (apparently :unsure: )

Even if you were to fancy Liverpool from a betting point of view, 1/2 is no value at all. I'd be looking at the 5/2 for the draw from a betting point of view - or perhaps over 2.5 goals.

Hughes: Roque Bargain of the season, not Torres

I agree with Sparky, Pound-for-Pound Roque is surely the bargain of the season. It was the same with Benni Mac and comparing the money spent and return gained with Berbatov's signing.

Its got to make you wonder what sort of job Hughes could do with some serious cash to spend...

It's okay, we don't need so much publicity. Hopefully it will stop teams from proaching our players.

Total long shot this (I've left it far too late) but does anyone have a spare ticket for today's match? I've just been past the hotel in Liverpool were Rovers stay and it's put me in the mood for going. I'd pay for it, obviously.

Archived