BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

I think we'll see a comfortable 2-0 win for Liverpool. At best we might snatch a low-scoring draw. My one hope was that their tough schedule (Man U, Arsenal x3, Everton) recently would affect them, but I don't think it will.

As usual I hope I'm wrong though ;)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of Pool fans on the 606 boards are wondering if Bentley will play today. That spanish pundit Guilherme something has said Liverpool have signed a player that will move in the summer who is english and plays on the right side of midfield.

I highly doubt its Bentley, and surely if they made such a move it could be a case of tapping a player up.

What we need is someone to go and get stuck in to Gerrard simple as, and then both centre halves to intimidate Torres on the pitch only thing is i dont think we have anyone who can do it.

If Rovers could or can do those two things the platform for victory is set?

Watching this match is it feels like a death by 1000 cuts. We have totally lost the midfield battle, Bentley can't really get into the game because of a packed 5 man midfield. It feels only a matter of time before Liverpool score.

What a pathetic dive by Gerrard. Though he deserved a free kick and Samba could have been sent off for last man an incident after it.

Watching this match is it feels like a death by 1000 cuts. We have totally lost the midfield battle, Bentley can't really get into the game because of a packed 5 man midfield. It feels only a matter of time before Liverpool score.

What a pathetic dive by Gerrard. Though he deserved a free kick and Samba could have been sent off for last man an incident after it.

I think we could do with switching Reid and Bents back around for the second half - nice try but it's not working.

Need Reid's steel in the centre and Bents as an outlet on the right.

I think we could do with switching Reid and Bents back around for the second half - nice try but it's not working.

Need Reid's steel in the centre and Bents as an outlet on the right.

I think we are going to have to change something, whilst we aren't looking shaky at the back it will be a tall order for us to keep Liverpool at bay for another 45 mins. We are losing midfield and in particular Gerrard is getting far too much space and time on the ball. I agree with Russ, i would look at moving Bentley onto the right, get him to whip some balls into the box or behind their back line.

Roberts shouldn't of been given offside and the other talking point was it was no way a penalty to Gerrard. He moved his leg into the way of Friedal as Brad tried to get out of the way. Second incident, Samba could have been sent off and Liverpool should of got a freekick outside the area.

Agreed. IMO, Gerrard should have been booked for unsportsmanlike conduct when taking the dive, during replays you can clearly see that he's starting to fall when Friedel get to him. He's seeking contact.

Samba's challenge was clumsy and really should have been a free kick. And probably a straight red. Samba was veeery lucky there.

Crap game so far, we've got no outlet when we have the ball. Poor movement, poor passing, no confidence to play really.

Archived