BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Samba was very fortunate. He did again almost exactly what he was sent off for in his last game. A very lucky lad.

I think its down due to inexperience. Sparky needs to nip it into the bud that's for sure.

The sky coverage is so biased. Didn't mention the Roberts offside/onside.

*Edit* now they are talking about it... for 5 seconds lol

Sickening to hear Robbie Slater on Fox Sports at half time licking Liverpool's @rse. Trying to argue that Gerrards dive was a penalty.

I switch off at half-time. :P He can be an assclown sometimes. ;)

I would think that the game has not been even so far. Liverpool is a shade above at the moment. But the game could go as easily our way as it will theirs. As already mentioned by RibbleValleyRover, Bentley needs to be released for that to happen, because he simply can't get into the game by being in the middle. There is not enough happening creatively to work the Liverpool defence.

As stated earlier, we're badly losing the midfield battle. Vogel looks lost out there.

They are out 'blackburning' us at the mo, closing us down everywhere on the pitch.

I would take Roberts off he's been hopeless again, you need a better first touch against good opposition. Also not seen much of him being 'strong' or 'quick' as everyone usually defends him with.

He has proven time and again he only ever makes an impact from the bench. (in my opinion anyway)

This is an absolute shambles, an utterly woeful "performance". Not one of our players has played better than a 4/10 or 5/10.

Samba AGAIN as the last man tries to get himself sent off. Thank Christ for the ref. Friedel inexplicably comes out for a ball he should never have gone for and does enough to give away what wouldn have been a penalty on 8/10 occasions.

This squad really needs heavy investment. I don't know how we are sitting in the top half of the league.

They are out 'blackburning' us at the mo, closing us down everywhere on the pitch.

I would take Roberts off he's been hopeless again, you need a better first touch against good opposition. Also not seen much of him being 'strong' or 'quick' as everyone usually defends him with.

He has proven time and again he only ever makes an impact from the bench. (in my opinion anyway)

He's the only player we have with pace, he needs to be on the pitch.

He's the only player we have with pace, he needs to be on the pitch.

Useless if you don't do anything with it tho, he has fell over like a featherweight everytime he's had chance to use it.

Linford Christie was fast - it doesn't, however, make him a good footballer!!

This is an absolute shambles, an utterly woeful "performance". Not one of our players has played better than a 4/10 or 5/10.

Samba AGAIN as the last man tries to get himself sent off. Thank Christ for the ref. Friedel inexplicably comes out for a ball he should never have gone for and does enough to give away what wouldn have been a penalty on 8/10 occasions.

This squad really needs heavy investment. I don't know how we are sitting in the top half of the league.

Funny how posts like that always appear after we concede...

It isn't anywhere near that bad. We defended very well in the first half (Samba's 'foul' excepted), and we are only half way through the second. We have struggled to do anything further up the pitch though. Vogel and Bentley have been outnumbered in the centre, and our forwards have not been able to put their defence under any pressure.

On come Benni and Dunny to try to make a difference??

Funny how posts like that always appear after we concede...

It isn't anywhere near that bad. We defended very well in the first half (Samba's 'foul' excepted), and we are only half way through the second. We have struggled to do anything further up the pitch though. Vogel and Bentley have been outnumbered in the centre, and our forwards have not been able to put their defence under any pressure.

On come Benni and Dunny to try to make a difference??

I've been tutting, looking away, swearing, huffing and puffing the entire game. Every time we get the ball, we give it straight back to them. We've made mistake after mistake, we've created next to nothing, missed tackles, given stupid free kicks away. Our passing has been dreadful and our midfield completely dominated.

This has been a shambles and we deserve to be 3 - 0 down.

Now I want an explanation as to why that was not a red, "by the letter of the law" etc etc. Roberts last man funny though the seemingly Liverpool fan commentators thought it should only be a yellow. What a load of ######. I thought the FA were investigating match fixing.

Archived