BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The foul the referee didn't give?

Actually, that's a fair point. After ackowledging that it was a foul, he should have produced the red.

Still, I wouldn't say this was a case of "big club" bias.

Their second goal epitomized our performance today. Bentley faffs about with it in front of our box and lays off a bad pass, Nelsen passes it straight to their player under pressure. Ball comes into the box and nobody tracks the far post.

Hughes cost us the game. Instead of putting Mokoena on Torres to hack his legs off, we just aimlessly float around the pitch and get beaten. Big club vs small club mentality if there ever was one.

Nothing to do with playing away to a team that are much better than us then?

This is yet another bad game. It might be Liverpool but a couple of seasons ago we were competing well when playing the top 4. Today we look like a team (a loose sense of the word) not good enough to beat even Derby (guess we'll find out soon).

We simply aren't playing competitive or attractive football. And if Stephen Reid finds Nelson one more time, I think I'm going to burst a blood vessel.

Wake me up when next season starts.

And needs desperately to win to get to CL again. We have (=had) very slim hopes for Intertoto. Clear loss, but I wouldn't sell the lot because of this.

We should of given them a real test, make them work hard for the result. Remember they played a high energy game in midweek against le Arse, we should be the fresher side. Today we just bent over and let Liverpool have it.

Really inept performance.

I'm not surprised though, you compare our performances the first three months and then onwards we look a completely different side.

Santa Cruz just scored on a nice volley.

However, awful performance...if we can call it that. Can't say we were trying that hard when we were 1-0 down but everyone just completely gave up when Torres made it 2-0. And giving up is completely unforgivable - however poor we were before that.

They don't want the inter toto is seems, they want a holiday.

One thing, how come we can't clear the ball like...at all. Why even try to play yourself out of defense when you can't pass it? Just clear it. It's very simple.

Too many of our important players simply didn't turn up today.

Roque Santa Cruz wasn't very good up front and his idiotic pass essentially lost us the game (see if he gets the flack that Benni gets).

Bentley was useless really.

Pedersen ditto.

Samba was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Warnock struggled to make a pass.

Reid and Vogel were barely involved.

Roberts did pretty well.

Benni looked fairly good when he came on. I'd say he and Roberts should start getting games together.

We continue to make stupid errors that cost us goals, Hughes also seems unable to make positive changes at any point during the match until it's nearly too late. Seeing as we're playing United next week we really needed to win today. When it got to around the 60th minute mark Benni should have been brought on, especially once we were 1-0 down.

Skrtel (or however you spell his name) also should have been sent off, although seeing as Samba should have been off earlier, we can't complain too much.

Whoever did the studs up tackle in the first half also could have gone.

Gerrard should have been booked for at least one of his two dives.

Roberts wasn't offside, although Santa Cruz was. I personally agree with the decision, but you know that the offside rule won't always be enforced in that way, so it could have been a goal.

We should of given them a real test, make them work hard for the result. Remember they played a high energy game in midweek against le Arse, we should be the fresher side. Today we just bent over and let Liverpool have it.

Really inept performance.

I'm not surprised though, you compare our performances the first three months and then onwards we look a completely different side.

Yes we should have done. But the point I was responding to was that MH had lost us the game, and I don't think thats a fair criticism when you lose a game you were given odds of 5-1 to win.

Archived