BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Of The Year

I cant look past Ronaldo for player of the year - the guy has been brilliant.

I dont know how Richards can be included as he has been out for half a season

I agree with you on Ronaldo - incredible season. Richards has played 36 games for club and country according to soccerbase - so he's not done too badly games wise.

Anyone thought that Bentley perhaps deserved to be nominated as the young player of the year? He's had just as big an impact as Young and Agbonlahor this season, in fact i would argue he has been better than both, in particular Agbonlahor who has been dire for the past three months.

Is there an age rule to be nominated for young player? Ronaldo is 23, same age as Bentley. And Torres went 24 on the 20th March.

Anyone thought that Bentley perhaps deserved to be nominated as the young player of the year? He's had just as big an impact as Young and Agbonlahor this season, in fact i would argue he has been better than both, in particular Agbonlahor who has been dire for the past three months.

I thought that also. My immediate reaction was that he is too old to be included, however as you say Ronaldo is 23 also, and I would definitely argue that Bentley has had a better season than Richards, Agbonlahor and maybe even Young.

i didnt think bentley could have been nomiated with him being 23-but if torres and ronaldo are there surely he should be.

he's had a great season, much better then ashley young and agbonlahor.

i think he could get in the team of the season with a midfield of bentley, gerrard, fabregas and ronaldo..

There is no way that anybody other than Ronaldo can win both awards. I think it is a little silly that the same player can win both awards though. I'd have a system whereby, if the winner of the main award were to be voted highest in the young player award, then it should be given to the player who came in second. I'm not sure how the voting works, but a person would vote for their first choice and then their second choice. The second choice votes would then count as first choice if the same player were to be voted first for both awards.

My order for the main award would go:

Ronaldo

James

Fabregas

And for the PFA Young Player Award

Ronaldo

Bentley (How he hasn't been included is beyond me)

Torres

Who picks the list anyway? Is it the FA?

I would have thought Bentley deserves to be in the 'young player' nominations at least.

Mr Cappello obviously rates him ahead of some of the others on there (English ones)

I think that it should be:

Player of year: Ronaldo

Young player of year: (IN THE ABSENCE OF C.J.SAMBA and BENTLEY) Torres

Ronaldo or Torres for the main one. Fabregas for the Young Player Award.

I also agree staggering that Bentey hasn't been included considering the likes of Richards who's bnne injured for half the season is shortlisted along with the two Villa players who are both behind in Bentley in Capello's England plans.

Archived