BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Someone Appreciates Us

This is an extract from the Huddersfield Examiner regarding The Terriers impending new owner:

“We have to be well run all the way through, just like Blackburn are in the top flight. They know exactly where they are, they’ve got a fantastic manager, a great youth structure and they don’t live beyond their means because they are run attractively as a commercial concern."

Full piece

Strange how outsiders clearly regard Rovers as a success and yet many of out own fans moan and groan and think we're not doing enough.

Its certainly nice to be appreciated but I think your a little wrong because there are a lot of clubs out there including the Premiership who wish they were run a competently as Blackburn Rovers FC.

Granted, we dont everything right, and by that I mean the club shop and merchandise etc, but what we have is to be admired.

Do you mean like kits and stuff through the online store?

The shop sell virtually no club or football related stuff anymore...Just club shirts and the odd t-shirt...if you want car stickers cups anything football related the club shop does not sell it...Not even football pennants...it's total @#/?..

The shop sell virtually no club or football related stuff anymore...Just club shirts and the odd t-shirt...if you want car stickers cups anything football related the club shop does not sell it...Not even football pennants...it's total @#/?..

Yes but the clob shop is run by Newcastle United- no wonder they have never won a domestic trophy in my lifetime if that is the best they can do.

Incidentally Huddersfield Town's immediate catchment area contains more than twice as many people as the Rovers'. Huddersfield was also the wealthiest place in Britain just before the war with more Rolls Royces per capita than anywhere else in the world.

Incidentally Huddersfield Town's immediate catchment area contains more than twice as many people as the Rovers'. Huddersfield was also the wealthiest place in Britain just before the war with more Rolls Royces per capita than anywhere else in the world.

I hope that you've had to research that, Philip!

Hitler obviously hit Huddersfield hard, the swine! It's not common knowledge that the VII had a Rolls Royce homing device...

Seriously, I think it's great that we are a template for an overachieving, well run club!

“We have to be well run all the way through, just like Blackburn are in the top flight. They know exactly where they are, they’ve got a fantastic manager, a great youth structure and they don’t live beyond their means because they are run attractively as a commercial concern."

They were nearly right.

I used to work in Huddersfield from time-to-time in the late '70s. As soon as they heard a voice that was a bit different, it was the first thing they told you about the place! Similar to going into any bar in Sydney and the locals will immediately tell you Sydney is the best place to live anywhere in the world when they hear a pom accent.

In both cases, it comes from not really believing it themselves so they tell strangers by way of self-reassure therapy fearing that you've already worked out they are stuck in a strange but rather nice hole a long way from anywhere that matters.

Anyway, the putative owners of the Terriers are right that Rovers are the model for every club outside the big 4 to aim at becoming. Even the Spuds and Toons but they are too big-headed to even consider it.

In that regard I agree completely. I'm still waiting for a Rovers wallbanger. :wacko:

The Huddersfield story was echoed in an interview with Dave Whelan on Setanta last night.

Basically he is looking at Blackburn Rovers being the template for how Wigan should do things and build lasting success.

Seems we must be doing something right.

hi all

I second American Rover12 I am still waiting for a rovers wallbanger everytime I email them they say they have contacted rovers about having a rovers wallbanger but apparantly rovers are too busy to reply! but maybe there's a way out as they can make wallbangers out of any picture they can blow it up to size with no loss and make any pic a wallbanger!

Laters all.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Apr 12 2008, 00:19 ) 599743[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Huddersfield story was echoed in an interview with Dave Whelan on Setanta last night.

Basically he is looking at Blackburn Rovers being the template for how Wigan should do things and build lasting success.

Seems we must be doing something right.

It makes you wonder are these other people in football just taking the pish or are they in the wrong job in the first place as they can only see the glamour side of football without the organisation, dedication and critical decision making plus all the hard work that goes into being successful.

Didnt Dingle Kilby state that Burnley are going to model themselves on Bolton Wanderers football club :rolleyes:

This is an extract from the Huddersfield Examiner regarding The Terriers impending new owner:

Full piece

Strange how outsiders clearly regard Rovers as a success and yet many of out own fans moan and groan and think we're not doing enough.

They were nearly right.

I was going to point that out too but you beat me to it LeChuck

I think we are a shining example for a number of smaller and larger clubs of how you should play your cards to establish yourself as a good Premier League club.

However, once you've established yourself as this over a number of years I don't think there is anything wrong with fustration at not progressing any further.

Archived