BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bacon

This has been the case in Bradford for quite a while.

They have leaflets that explain everything. It is a non-pork establishment. Turkey Salami(!)

Who cares? I eat too much bacon anyway :)

The subways are definitely a lot busier now since the change. The manager's can do what they like, although all the official subway signs say "HALAL" on them, so has obviously been approved higher up the chain.

Whoever said this is a disgrace from an American company is barking up the wrong tree, this is pure market forces in action. Capitalism :)

This is an outrage !!! I bet you know nothing of the crunch.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is in fact exactly what they do in India...

Part of running a business is making it suitable for your target audience. If this particular subway owner feels that he'll make more money by not having bacon than by having bacon then that is his choice.

Can't believe all of this started because of a bit of bacon.

It's a franchise so if it loses business I'm sure they will turn it back into a regular subway.

Can we stay on topic guys, with no personal attacks or racist comments.

Surely they can offer bacon though for non muslims

I think it is a bit over the top to pull it from sale considering it is park of the subway package

I think it was already mentioned it was because it would still be under the same roof

I think it was already mentioned it was because it would still be under the same roof

And , surely it can be seperated like vegetable is from meats in a normal subway

I might go up later and ask for some bacon :rolleyes:

Which is in fact exactly what they do in India...

Part of running a business is making it suitable for your target audience. If this particular subway owner feels that he'll make more money by not having bacon than by having bacon then that is his choice.

Can't believe all of this started because of a bit of bacon.

Didn't Germany once have a war over banana's

:wacko:

It's one ingredient! So you can't have bacon, surely you can make do with the 35 other options available?

if you went in a pub wanting a guinness and the landlord said "sorry son we dont sell guinness or beer no more the locals are offended by it ,but hey dont worry there are 35 other soft drinks to choose from" you would be cool with it ?

Claytons Left Boot - okay, i retract my tool statement after reviewing your reply.

Napoleon:

"Is bacon really that important to you? I don't know how some folk on here manage to go about their every day lives, getting annoyed about such trivial things"

It is the fact i am not allowed to have it! Not that i love Bacon so much.! Can you not comprehend that Removed

Damn, I only saw this after the "personal attack" had been edited. Haha!

Why should you be entitled to have bacon there? That branch of Subway provide a service, minus bacon in this case, take it or leave it.

if you went in a pub wanting a guinness and the landlord said "sorry son we dont sell guinness or beer no more the locals are offended by it ,but hey dont worry there are 35 other soft drinks to choose from" you would be cool with it ?

But if you went in a pub and they said "We have all other beers but we don't sell Guinness. None of the locals buy it" then yes I'd be cool with it.

But if you went in a pub and they said "We have all other beers but we don't sell Guinness. None of the locals buy it" then yes I'd be cool with it.

Which did happen at my local. They removed Carling partly because it didn't sell as much as Fosters, Staropramen, etc.

I'm sure there are other Subways to go to in the area. If not start one up!

are you being real or winding up?

grey peas how the hell do they turn grey???

peas are GREEN?? carrots orange and corn yellow?

how many people have died from eating mushy peas fro the chippy??

According to that article they come out grey coloured when they are processed, nice thought.

Mushy Peas, "Pure mushy peas, with no colouring, tend to form a more grey-green end product."

That looks gorgeous, needs brown sauce though.

Love pork crackling an 'all. The only thing that could put you off is if you get a bit of hair on it. Just use a razor to get rid of the odd hair and you're ok.

Had the same conversation with a female colleague recently. When I asked if she'd ever shaved her crackling I nearly got belted.

I don't drink Guiness however bacon in a Subway is hardly comparable to Guiness in a pub. If the publican was pending money on a product he wasn't shifting and decided to stop selling it then I'm sure I'd get over it.

I don't drink Guiness however bacon in a Subway is hardly comparable to Guiness in a pub. If the publican was pending money on a product he wasn't shifting and decided to stop selling it then I'm sure I'd get over it.

the thing is though, he will sell the bacon, im sure you would get enough punters a day that want bacon to warrant its presense

the only reason it is not their is because the owner is most probably a muslim and is terrified of pig products

There is a pub in Oldham that does this very thing Abbey. It is called the Halal Inn and doesn't serve alcohol. Guess what, if you don't agree you can go to another pub instead, this being a free world and all.

Archived